Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.

FWIW, I was just thinking maybe the should get rid of running back by committee....and use 1 back most often for the entire repertoire of plays (running, play action, screens) - to minimize the predictability of the offense, and to give the RB a chance to get into a groove. Can use a different RB for a change of pace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Oh my god, you pass happy jackholes are ridiculous.  Fantasy football has clouded your minds.

This idea of offensive balance as a positive idea isn't up for discussion, it's not open to interpretation.  Earth to fantasy land, the clock continues to tick off minutes after a run regardless of how long you just ran, it stops after an incomplete pass. It's far more likely Tom Brady will convert a third and 2 than a third and long.  If I'm averaging 5 yards a carry and I run two times, how far have I gone?  Tom Brady can Quarterback sneak 3 yards EVERY TIME!!!

Running the ball makes you more effective at passing.  Running 50% of the time will make you unpredictable, until they come up with another option to a run or a pass, then that's how it is.  

You can't throw an interception if you don't throw, the less you throw the less likelihood of an interception or a turnover in general for that matter, or maybe you don't understand rudimentary concepts like gravity.  If this doesn't register, put a plastic bag over your head, wrap a belt around your neck and wait...

You can't bring hypothetical criteria like "yeah well what if Law Firm fumbles the ball" kind of BS because he HAS NEVER FUMBLED the ball in his F-ing career!!!  

You can't say "yeah but take away a long run or two and we only averaged 3.5 yards per carry" meatheads because, yes in fact Law Firm DID rip off those large runs on a very limited number of carries the other day. Like most runningbacks they tend to get stronger and better as the defense wears down not worse.

Are you all really so shortsighted that you can't remember how we won 3 Super Bowl titles?!  You have tunnel vision.  We won being a hard nosed running team that had the most accurate passer and a third down conversion machine of a QB named Tom Brady because he wasn't asked to shoulder the burden on his own.  

We haven't won a single Super Bowl running the Run + Shoot offense we currently employ AND WE WON'T.  We won with substantially less offensive talent and similar defensive talent in 2001, how? Better coaching, better play calling and a 50/50 pass to run ratio that Charlie Weis was insistent on.  Antoine Smith wasn't really that much more talented than Law Firm, we just didn't have to give Tom Brady 40+ throws back then because he didn't have a raging ego that apparently we have to kowtow to nowadays.  Weis used to tell Brady what to run, and it worked, the proof is the results, all these other arbitriary stats are meaningless, wins, points scored for and against are all that matters.

Don Shula was a hard nose running coach, he went undefeated using two runningbacks who each went over 1000 yards in that undefeated year.  Years passed and he drafted Dan Marino, a pass happy QB that made Don forget who he was and how he got to the level of greatness he had achieved in the past. Don Shula never won another Super Bowl ring.

Keep putting the horse before the cart, keep insisting that "the pass game sets up the run," keep allowing Tommy to check down to passing plays and WE WILL CONTINUE TO GET BOUNCED FROM THE PLAYOFFS.

Are we clear yet? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think running the ball more would help, but I also don't think lack of running is the only problem with the offense.  We need more threats in the passing game too.  Right now, we really have only four receivers involved in most games: welker, branch, gronk, and hernandez.  That's not a lot for defenses to game-plan against. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This team used to thrive on play action and screens.  Can't run much play action without having a running threat.  Brady gets pressured and they don't run screens much to counter it.  These are two effective things that have been nullified and replaced by the shotgun spread. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win.:
    [QUOTE]I think running the ball more would help, but I also don't think lack of running is the only problem with the offense.  We need more threats in the passing game too.  Right now, we really have only four receivers involved in most games: welker, branch, gronk, and hernandez.  That's not a lot for defenses to game-plan against. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Prolate, what are talking about here? Who the HEJJ has more then 4 receivers to game plan against? Tom Brady needs more then 4 receivers to be effective????????? Think long and hard about this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wozzy just took off the gloves.... I love it!

P.S to those of you who need to hear it, don't actually put the bag over your head and wrap the belt around your neck. It will not end well.

Hey you never know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I get running the ball to achieve balance but we were constantly backed up in our own end because of poor ST play and running the ball and not getting 1st downs was not an option. My sense is that with Brady you pass first to establish the run not vice-versa. This is because many 1st down runs net only a yard or two and then the defense can tee-off on Brady. The Giants routinely had 9 men in the box, a defensive formation that isn't exactly easy to run against and a formation that you can easily blitz out of, which allowed them to put lots of pressure on Brady. It seems a familiar pattern that we've seen before and one which Belichick has been at pains to counter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to  Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : But I think you just answered your own question TexasPat. We lost mainly because of the turnovers. Well, if we ran the ball more, and if we established play action, then we probably wouldn't have committed those turnovers.

RESPONSE: Pleeaasssseee!! The OL wasn't opening up any holes...and you have an injured RB playing with a toe injury. A real formula for success.

We know BJGE isn't going to fumble.  It's not about the yardage that the running game picks up, it's about dictating the game and making the defense account for everything.

RESPONSE: BJGE was hurting...and the Pats' were gaining any yards. Remember, 18 of BJGE's yards came on one carry. So, he had 11 carries for 34 yards on the other runs.

If you pass all day, it'll be easy to for the defense to switch up their coverage and come after you.

RESPONSE: I agree that the passing game would be more effective if the Pats were running it well. But, when the OL is getting pushed around, that's not possible. Furthermore, teams are playing 8 in the box against the Pats, because they know that the Pats' can't throw deep. 
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

For those who want a 50/50 balance that is not going to happen in the modern NFL. Most of the NFL is around 55% pass or higher. I would be happy with that. I think the real imbalance on this team is Welker/Gronk getting more than half of the passes with nearly a third of all pass attempts being thrown to Welker. That imbalance started with the Welker/Moss combo in 2007.

When we won Super Bowls, the passing attack had much more balance. In 2003, you need four players to get to half of the passing attempts. I have come around on the offense issues being a problem for this team. We are imbalanced run to pass and imbalanced when throwing the ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

I say kick the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

HA , Texas Pat says the o-line wasn't opening up any holes right after he reminds you that Ellis had an 18 yard run. Ironic!

His toe looked pretty good to me, but I'm sure you would rather have Brady chuck it up there 47x a game and run just half of that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The talented guys would have taken that hole to the house....no one but green for 80 yards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : Isn't offensive holding more likely to be called on running plays?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

most Off holding plays are called on pass plays when  an O lineman is beat and just protects his Qb from his missed block.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : Prolate, what are talking about here? Who the HEJJ has more then 4 receivers to game plan against? Tom Brady needs more then 4 receivers to be effective????????? Think long and hard about this one.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Remember when everyone used to get all excited about Brady spreading the ball around and throwing to six or seven guys in a game?  Most decent passing teams right now have about seven guys with 10 or more catches on the season. The Pats have just five.  When your offense is all about throwing the ball, that's pretty weak. It shows that the whole offense goes through a limited number of players. Say what you want, defenses key on just three or four receivers--and all of them are best in the short game.  That's not enough diversity in the passing game for a team that relies so heavily on the pass. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So the #1 passing team isn't winning because we can't pass the ball?

Talking to you people is like peeing into the wind.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A tidbit of info for all you Einsteins that think the silver bullet is running the ball more.

The NFL average for Y/A rushing is 4.3. We are 4.5. That puts us in a tie for 10th-14th.

Our passing game is tied for 2nd with the Giants in net yards per attempt.

Factor in that the opposing D sure as hell isn't expecting us to run on a given play, and the notion that running more will solve the problem is ludicrous. As usual, the facts don't fit the mindless spin.

What we do need is somebody who can stretch the field and a consistent O-line.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : lol! As much as that was a tremendous bitchslapping of the pink hats who follow Chris Gasper/Felger/Mazz around with the anti-BB mantras, NO, it won't make it clear. We have way too many low IQ fans posting here. Or, we have fans that seriously wear a Tom Brady jersey everyday to work. What's so annoying about this is, some of us have been completely mocked on here since early last season and the ones who realized why Moss was traded, realize now that Brady needs to be slapped for that very same reason. If I see no evidence of the gameplan and adjustments this week, this team will never win a SB again because of the offensive philosophy.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we should slap the guy who is  in a virtual tie as the second rated passer in the league who has driven us for the go ahead score in two of our losses only to see the D fold and give the other guy the win. Brilliant analysis meathead.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Law Firm 20 carries and we win. : lol! As much as that was a tremendous bitchslapping of the pink hats who follow Chris Gasper/Felger/Mazz around with the anti-BB mantras, NO, it won't make it clear. We have way too many low IQ fans posting here. Or, we have fans that seriously wear a Tom Brady jersey everyday to work. What's so annoying about this is, some of us have been completely mocked on here since early last season and the ones who realized why Moss was traded, realize now that Brady needs to be slapped for that very same reason. If I see no evidence of the gameplan and adjustments this week, this team will never win a SB again because of the offensive philosophy.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Woah Woah Woah  Russ, I WEAR A TOM BRADY JERSEY TO WORK EVERYDAY. Along with my Bill Belichick underwear.

No but seriously, I think you are coming across as sounding like Brady is a problem here and I definitely disagree with that. I think we need strong enough coaching to help Brady be successful and we are not getting it.

125 pass atts to 37 runs by your power backs(in the last 3 games) is right back to finesse football and it is CLEARLY why we are losing imo.

This is a problem with the coaching staff and the personnel groupings they are sending out, now maybe Brady has to limit the audibles to a pass but Brady = problem.....sounds like a HUGE stretch to me.