Give me Lloyd and Vereen outside, welker and hern inside.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Give me Lloyd and Vereen outside, welker and hern inside.

balt will double welker probaBLY and maybe hern

outside they will force us to beat them and we must;

along with in the run game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Give me Lloyd and Vereen outside, welker and hern inside.

Lloyd had a great game against the Ravens earlier this year. I think your right both Lloyd and Vereen are going to have to make plays outside the numbers. I think the Ravens will stack the inside ala the Jets two years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Lloyd had a great game against the Ravens earlier this year. I think your right both Lloyd and Vereen are going to have to make plays outside the numbers. I think the Ravens will stack the inside ala the Jets two years ago.

see i that way too.

we'll see,

whatever they focus on we need to be ready to exploit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Will be interesting to see if they put Vereen and Ridley on the field together.  Most of their plays are designed for one back, not two, but they could use Vereen as a receiver.  I think more likely, they rotate Vereen and Ridley in the backfield, using Hern, Lloyd, Welker, and (depending on play) Branch or Hoomanawanui as the four other "eligibles."  Also will be curious to see how much (if at all) they use Fells or even Slater or Aiken.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree prolate. I too would like to see 2 rb's, but the 2 I want to line up together are woody and Vereen. Maybe with Lloyd and Hern outside, welker in the slot. Or slater outside on a couple of plays...if we use the 2 outside guys to help unclog the middle, you have woody and Vereen operating in space and they are some of the best in that regard forcing the ravens to match up against with lb 's which is a mismatch all day. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Depends if Balt is in nickel, dime or some type of base. The way we exploit Vereen, woody match ups is to catch Balt in their base d, 2 cb, 2 safeties and make the lb 's cover...if Balt is playing nickel or dime, we run. Similar in way we use our 2 TE package with Gronk and hern. Brady can get them in the right play at the line based on who Balt has on the field. What I like about this is Vereen and woody are good receiving rb's. they are both lethal in the open field. Up to brady to find mismatches and get these guys lined up. My point is I think we have moflexibility to either run or pass using Vereen and woody, and, I haven't nor has Balt seen these 2 guys on the field together. At least I don't think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He plays like a WR out there.  I think if you can get them to get in their base defense with Welker Hern, Lloyd, Vereen and Ridley or Hooman than you bounce him out for a LBer matchup, but if they go nickel than you can run.  Either way these packages look a lot better with Gronk but I think they can work it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That's the point. Both Vereen and woody can catch and catch well, although as you said, Vereen really does play more like a WR when lined up wide than woody. Have you ever seen mcd use both on the gif eld together ? Both are also good in pass blocking. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Don't forget Branch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I like the idea of having Vereen and Woody on the field at the same time. Imagine having your eligible receivers being...

Lloyd

Welker

Hernandez

Vereen

Woody

If you coupled that lineup with an up-tempo, hurry-up offense, I think you could really put strain on a big, physical defense like Baltimore. You have two running threats and five receiving threats on the field at one time. Absolutely deadly. 

Obviously mix in Ridley too, especially if you're looking to establish the run, or when we get a big lead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hate to say it, but I'm not sold on Vareen as an outside the numbers recieving threat yet (he's made maybe two catches out there in his entire career here so far). I will say that I think he has great potential, but to think he is going to be playing like a reciever is a stretch to me. I can see him catching more things like screens, swings and simple dump offs...with maybe, just maybe another long outside throw. 

I think a guy like Branch is going to have to do something to win this game today and possibly our other tight end (who always looks like he is open). Rest assured the Ravens will take Welker and Hernandez out of this game today...guys like Lloyd and Branch are going to have to come through.

The games I've seen of the Ravens, they look like you can run on them. I'd love to see some pounding, balance and play action. Although everytime I say that it never works.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I want see them try and isolate Vareen on Lewis & Ellerby out of the backfield

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I'd like to see Herenendez in the backfield a bit like they did against Denver last year. And Vereen should move around, he's versatile enough to line up at many different spots, take advantage of that to keep them on their toes!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Not much of a run game with Lloyd and Vereen outside and Welker and Hernandez inside.  The run game is most effective with two tight ends. 

I think I read somewhere that the Ravens defense ranked 26th against the run.  If correct, Lloyd on the outside, Welker in the slot, with tightends Hernandez and Hoomanawanui.  This formation should be able to rip the Ravens with RB's Ridley and Vereen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I hate to say it, but I'm not sold on Vareen as an outside the numbers recieving threat yet (he's made maybe two catches out there in his entire career here so far). I will say that I think he has great potential, but to think he is going to be playing like a reciever is a stretch to me. I can see him catching more things like screens, swings and simple dump offs...with maybe, just maybe another long outside throw. 

I think a guy like Branch is going to have to do something to win this game today and possibly our other tight end (who always looks like he is open). Rest assured the Ravens will take Welker and Hernandez out of this game today...guys like Lloyd and Branch are going to have to come through.

The games I've seen of the Ravens, they look like you can run on them. I'd love to see some pounding, balance and play action. Although everytime I say that it never works.

He caught a lot of stuff out of the slot, backfield and outwide in college. I know different than nfl, but I feel this is one of the reasons why bb drafted him. Because in my mind, he was the best pass catching and pass blocking Rb to come out that year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This could be a super break out game for Lloyd to follow up his efforts in the 1st Ravens' game, but, those windy conditions may have a drastic impact on his ability to stretch the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lloyd isn't really a field stretcher like other wr's. he is better in intermediate routes, comebacks, curls, stuff closer to the sideline and probably within 20-25 yards of the Los. He has been targeted downfield this year, some,own play action. This is where we could be hurt,if we can run some,play action because,of the,windy conditions. 

Sections
Shortcuts