Give props to Ocho!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Give props to Ocho!!

It was nice to see him contribute.  He can make a few plays a game and he is good depth, albeit overpaid. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hence the overpaid comment...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Give props to Ocho!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give props to Ocho!! : Just enjoy a win.  You have so many negative posts on this discussion board.  Life's too short to act so miserable man, come on.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

I second this suggestion.  

dmpc, you speak to people on this forum in a lousy way, constantly, and there's no need for it.  Whatever your misfortunes have been, it would be appreciated if you would curtail the assaults that you drench upon those who disagree with you. It's littering the board with garbage.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give props to Ocho!! : That could have easily been on BJGE, too. They play clock is rolling and BJGE isn't paying attention or didn't hear his name called. It's certainly possible. I noticed BB was waving and yelling at the players on the sidelines, to get back or something to that effect. I've seen Branch and Welker make mental mistakes this year, too. Same deal with Gronk and Hernandez.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

True

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

OK gotta shine the light here.. Ocho was under thrown.... bottom line.  He made a great play and made two nice catches....  If he can progress from here, it will be great for the offense.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

It was nice to see No-Show...I mean Chad, get some grabs after a months worth of "inactivity".  The fact that a lot of posters on here (myself included) actually got excited from just those two grabs says a lot about his current season with the Pats being close to a bust.  I was not expecting 2007 Randy moss from this dude, but I was expecting David Givens.  Lets hope he contributes a lot more to this team as the season goes on.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give props to Ocho!! : I would appreciate it if you'd stop your garbage.  it seems to me that Rusty and Jay Shizzle speak to people the same was as you say I do. Can you only see out of one eye?
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

Not even close. you've got a unique way about you.  And I'm not going to take this board into a rat hole about it with you.  And I can live with your nonsense as well because the truth is, it's so angry it's comical.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]It was nice to have an Ocho sighting but he disappeared just as fast again.  Still waiting for that monster game...
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

He can't have a 10 catch game till he's thrown to at least 10 times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]Ocho had a nice catch.  Brady had a great game.  However, I see the usual geniuses are staking out their positions so they can call each morons and oink hats and all the other stupid stuff.  If you're PATS fan this morning you should be celebrating with your fellow fans, not fighting with them.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

+1

Well put!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ocho make s a nice catch and the "Island" actaully gets called
    for a HOLD.....at home?

It's the little things at my age.....Sorry.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

If i'm not mistaken Chad caught every pass (2)thrown his way, can't ask for much more from a receiver.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Basically my point 420.

he did his job and still gets talked about. How about the coaches calling his number?

He is fine. A bit immature and misunderstood, but Chad is giving is all, working hard and doing everything possible to help. What that ends up being is based on how they work him in, but im happy with HIS progress. Now the coaches need to work harder to get him the ball as he more dynamic than Branch after the catch, and can get open downfield , the ball just needs to be on time. If they actually draw up plays for Chad, I have no doubt he can perform

Thats the biggest difference I see. Wes, Hernandez , etc have plays for them when they get it, and Chad is usually just an outlet/3rd option and the timing for those plays are harder to get down .

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think Ocho is finally starting to get the rhythm and timing of the offense down. Still needs to keep working at it, but he's getting there. It's a good thing we didn't cut him like we did with Al.

On several occasions, I thought we should've stopped throwing Ocho the ball, but I was always against the idea of cutting him. Clearly he's working very hard, he's doing everything the coaches tell him, and he's probably a great locker room guy. I think cutting him would've sent a bad message to the team, which is that hard work doesn't always pay off.

Keeping Ocho and cutting Haynesworth says to the team that if you're willing to work hard and want to be part of the team, we want you here and we'll root for you to succeed. If you're like Albert, if you don't care and you don't give your best to the team, then you're out of here.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Basically my point 420. he did his job and still gets talked about. How about the coaches calling his number? He is fine. A bit immature and misunderstood, but Chad is giving is all, working hard and doing everything possible to help. What that ends up being is based on how they work him in, but im happy with HIS progress. Now the coaches need to work harder to get him the ball as he more dynamic than Branch after the catch, and can get open downfield , the ball just needs to be on time. If they actually draw up plays for Chad, I have no doubt he can perform Thats the biggest difference I see. Wes, Hernandez , etc have plays for them when they get it, and Chad is usually just an outlet/3rd option and the timing for those plays are harder to get down .
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I don't think they need more than that from him, but at the same time, I think they can get more than that from him.

All NE needed after that last playoff loss was one perimeter player who could threaten, unlike Tate, who was a bust at WR. 

Ocho obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, not like Moss, Branch or Welker, who are incredibly football smart. And Ne's offense is brutal on WRs. They basically have to keep up with Tom's reads, as any route they run is liable to change in the middle of the play. 

Ocho has been feeling that out all season long. And he is getting better inch by inch. 

All this team needs is for him to be a minor factor in the playoffs. He can open up the middle, he can help keep a safety off the LOS.