Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th!

Things that me you go Hmmmmmmmmm!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Re: Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th!

give up a HOF WR for 3rd round pick when you were going to get a 3rd pick for him anyway if he left.  Great just great,  and then give up a 4th round pick for a bad WR who couldnt even get playing time with the Seahawks.

Some of you guys will twist anything the Pats do into a positive. I rememeber some  idiots saying last year theyd rather have Maroney than CJ or AP.

The Patriots offense will struggle without Moss and his 1td a game average the last 3 years!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aluvium. Show aluvium's posts

In Response to Re: Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th!:
    give up a HOF WR for 3rd round pick when you were going to get a 3rd pick for him anyway if he left.  Great just great,  and then give up a 4th round pick for a bad WR who couldnt even get playing time with the Seahawks. Some of you guys will twist anything the Pats do into a positive. I rememeber some  idiots saying last year theyd rather have Maroney than CJ or AP. The Patriots offense will struggle without Moss and his 1td a game average the last 3 years!
    Posted by Spetznaz24

Umm if Moss left as a FA we would have only gotten a 5th rounder because he has over 10yrs in the NFL, not a 3rd rounder, so we traded up in that sense. Alsoits pretty obvious he wanted out and the Pats were tired of him and were going to get rid of him no matter what.

Since you dont like Maroney just think of it as Branch for Maroney

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i dont think one has anything to do with the other in terms of compensation. however a 4th seems like a lot for branch. then again, i think branch is better than maroney, and we got a 4th for him. so each situation is different.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We got rid of a bad player +
    We gained a good player +
    We gained a 3rd round pick +
    We lost a 4th round pick -
    We got rid of Maroney +
    we gained a 4th round pick +

Net result:  ++++

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Just because Branch wasn't used correctly in Seattle, doesn't mean he won't help the Patriots! Go Pats!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from barney08. Show barney08's posts

In Response to Re: Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th! : Umm if Moss left as a FA we would have only gotten a 5th rounder because he has over 10yrs in the NFL, not a 3rd rounder, so we traded up in that sense. Alsoits pretty obvious he wanted out and the Pats were tired of him and were going to get rid of him no matter what. Since you dont like Maroney just think of it as Branch for Maroney
    Posted by aluvium

branch for maroney is good no complaints here only jerkoffs are acting sour

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

We got rid of a bad player + We gained a good player + We gained a 3rd round pick + We lost a 4th round pick - We got rid of Maroney + we gained a 4th round pick + Net result:  ++++
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Very positive!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Just because Branch wasn't used correctly in Seattle, doesn't mean he won't help the Patriots! Go Pats!!!
    Posted by moongirl

Good point. Who was throwing to him half the time when Hasselbeck was injured - Seneca Wallace.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

and who was throwing to him when it wasnt seneca wallace: hasselbeck. exactly. but the real issue is his knees. we'll see, hopefully this will rejuvinate him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Posted by moongirl

To be clear, I happy too see Branch back in NE.  And if Moss didn't want to be here, then he had to go.  I just feel the Pats negotiating tactics leave something to be desired.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

and who was throwing to him when it wasnt seneca wallace: hasselbeck. exactly. but the real issue is his knees. we'll see, hopefully this will rejuvinate him.
    Posted by artielang

Tore his ACL in 2008 and has had his knee(s) scoped the past 2 offseasons

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th!:
    Things that me you go Hmmmmmmmmm!
    Posted by Grogan77

Not really....if you knew anything about football, you would know that this is the best thing that the Pats could do.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th! : Not really....if you knew anything about football, you would know that this is the best thing that the Pats could do.....
    Posted by m1023us

Like your an expert!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

It does not make alot to fans who likely listen to everything the talking heads say, but the trade tells me Belichick and O'Brien are taking the offense in a different direction. One in which we are not taking so many deep shots down the field. We will have a more power style run game with BJGE and FreddyT if healthy, with more PA to TE's and the open receivers. I hope it works, but Moss was clearly not in these plans

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Re: Give up Moss for a 3rd, Pick up Branch for a 4th! : Like your an expert!
    Posted by Grogan77

LOL!  It is obvious that I know much more about professional football than you do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

give up a HOF WR for 3rd round pick when you were going to get a 3rd pick for him anyway if he left.  Great just great,  and then give up a 4th round pick for a bad WR who couldnt even get playing time with the Seahawks. Some of you guys will twist anything the Pats do into a positive. I rememeber some  idiots saying last year theyd rather have Maroney than CJ or AP. The Patriots offense will struggle without Moss and his 1td a game average the last 3 years!
    Posted by Spetznaz24
    Just a little clarification on the playing time Deion had with Seattle he was in on 83% of all offensive plays and he was one of their leading receivers so how does he diminish the present WR corps the Patriots have? Lets face it, it doesn't. He was a good get because he won't have to be schooled on how the offense works here in New England, he almost certainly becomes one of Brady's go to guys! Familiarity makes his return an easy transition and I would be willing to say that Brady's completion % will go up immediately,oh and though you didn't say this but after watching Favre and Moss tonight I can only hope that Deion's return goes better than Randy's did.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

happy to have Deion Branch back here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"ive up a HOF WR for 3rd round pick when you were going to get a 3rd pick for him anyway if he left."  A bit of a misleading summary given that he didn't want to be here and was undermining the team to create a favorable environment for a trade, which he got. The Pats were going to cut him if they didn't find a trading partner, can't imagine what you would have posted then, i think your eye sockets might have just exploded upon seeing the news. 

"The Patriots offense will struggle without Moss and his 1td a game average the last 3 years!"

It might. Or it might not. And to me, that becomes the most interesting question of the season aside from total wins and losses. Let's find out. No one was happy Moss left but it was a unique situation. Turning Maroney into Branch is still a net positive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

Lets put one notion to rest the Pats were not going to get a third round pick if Moss left. Because he has 10 years in the league they would have only gotten a fifth round pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hopefully Branch can last the season without getting hurt.  His experience with the Pats will be good. However a 4th round pick is a lot for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpez. Show jpez's posts

I thought we lost moss for a 4th?  any whooo all of a sudden people consider the 4th we gave up for branch as waayyyyyyyyyy toooo much I, think its about right didnt we get branch in like the second round. Bill has loaded next years draft perfectly so he could spare to trade a 4th round  pick in return for someone who fits the system. then it's a perfect trade off 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

A 4th round pick for a washed up receiver. A receiver who was going to be cut, he was being boo'ed in Seattle, hasn't been able to stay healthy for a whole season.

What a waste of a valuable pick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I don't care about what picks they've given up especially if there after the second round, people are dumb that value a pick higher then an actual player who can produce in the NFL right now.

So the Pats have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds now? What good is that? Where are you going to put these 7 rookies at in the lineup. If you can clearly identify 7 positions that need upgraded (I can) then they shouldn't be looking to take a crap shoot rookie player and plug him in, they should be trying to swing the pick for an experience producing player in todays league.

Minnesota made a good trade, turned an unknown unpredictable 3rd rounder into a player who can produce on the field and has so far this year in Moss.

Patriots made a good trade by adding someone that is going to be really good in the locker room, and will be good at possesion on the field. He won't be scoring as many tds as Moss does. Branch has never put up more then 5 a year, but he moves the sticks on 3rd down. So they give up a 4th rounder, which would be of no use to them next year as a rookie.  They get a good WR who can make a catch in traffic.

The trading deadline is next tuesday, and I still hope the Patriots can dump some more of these useless risky picks, and get someone that is a quality player who can help produce this year. They are only a player or two away from being really good this year. The rest of the league this year is really just average, not one single great team out there. It's any teams year this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Sticking to the topic(s), the Moss trade, given the realities of the situation, helps both teams. Randy didn't want to be here unless the Pats offered him a long term deal now and was becoming increasingly vocal about it.  Pats got a third rounder, Vikes got a deep threat.

The Branch trade makes sense simply because it gives the Pats a vet receiver who has been successful in the Pats offense.  A 4th rounder doesn't seem like a great deal to give up for Branch.

Fans will always second guess and that is their privilege.  A broad brush indictment of BB's deal-making ability, however, strikes me as a bit silly.

Sections
Shortcuts