Give up on 2009, we stink. Regroup for 2010.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Re: Give up on 2009, we stink. Regroup for 2010.

In Response to Re: Give up on 2009, we stink. Regroup for 2010.:
    [QUOTE]Johnny-  Since the Patriots are not meeting your expectations you need to jump off the bandwagon, the stress is not healthy for you.  Join the other Fairweather fans on here!  And of course once they start winning I am sure you will be back, like you never left!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Brilliance from a guy sporting a picture of Philadelphia's favorite fictional champion. 

Yo, Adrian!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

There IS a difference between being a "fair weather fan" and being realistic after your team throws away a game they should been the victors in...

THAT said, This Thread here got me to thinking (I hate that).  IMHO, I believe Brady, like P. Manning did after he got injured, WILL turn his game around this year, and get trully in sync with his Offense...  I too, Believe that this young D should continue to gel more, and become more of a force.

So What's Going to eventually Happen THIS 2009 Season?  Well, The Jets are most likely going to win the Division this Season, But That's ZERO problem, Because The Patriots will start clicking too (somewhat later), BUT enough so that We'll most definately get a Wild Card Birth (as most of You recall, THIS was our ticket to the Lombardi in '01)...

After that, Patriots will simply have to beat the Jets, whom they already lost to, THEN They'll have to Travel to Denver's Mile High where Brady led Pats are 1 Win and 5 Losses and play against their old O Coordinator again, THEN The Pats will go to Indy's RCA Dome and play against Peyton Manning, who has never looked better, and The Refs, who I'm pretty sure in a decade or so, Have NEVER given one of the Colt's Opponents LESS Penalties than 1 or 2 penalties a game that The Refs hand out Manning and The "NFL's Team."  THEN The Patriots are back to the Big Dance, WHERE most likely they'll make right, where They went wrong (like Scott Bakula in "Quantum Leap") in Their "Perfect Season" run, By facing The NY Giants once more...(a Giant's Team whose QB is MUCH improved and has one of the better RB's in the League and whose Defense, and especially Whose D-Line is Better AND Deeper than the 2007 Year)...  Personally, I see NO Problem with this scenario happening just as I've explained it.

of note:  ~Look, I don't want to be negative here, 'cause Idk IF I believe any of this...It's just a play off a negative thread.  Considering, It's not like any of this will or has stopped me from rooting for my team over 20 + years of watching them...BUT man, idk, I hate to watch My Pats throw WINNABLE games away the way they used to in the late 80's...ticks me off.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mollyandmary. Show mollyandmary's posts

The Pats are not the 2007 pats, more like the 2008.  Every team declines, it is our time.  A far weather fan or hardcore fan must face the facts, we are not a top tier team anymore.  Tom Brady has come off major surgey, which has ended many a career.  He is not the same, it is sad, the is a hall of famer and send us to 4 Super Bowls.

The party is over, maybe if we are lucky we can get a wild card berth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats are not the 2007 pats, more like the 2008.  Every team declines, it is our time.  A far weather fan or hardcore fan must face the facts, we are not a top tier team anymore.  Tom Brady has come off major surgey, which has ended many a career.  He is not the same, it is sad, the is a hall of famer and send us to 4 Super Bowls. The party is over, maybe if we are lucky we can get a wild card berth.
    Posted by mollyandmary[/QUOTE]

~I would like to state, point blank, THAT I'm NOT in the same camp as this 2-Post Troll...so don't even go there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give up on 2009, we stink. Regroup for 2010. : Um, no...Is this you?
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, they had a WINNING record, and it's WEEK FIVE.

Furthermore, the mistakes are MORE THAN CORRECTABLE.
    -Brady's ability to read defenses at game speed will improve with reps
    -Defense's ability to come up with tipped passes can be improved by doing one simple drill in practice
    -Brady's accuracy will improve with reps
    -Blocking can improve over time with reps (Vollmer was forced to learn on the fly mid-3rd-quarter.

If you're selling out on this season already, you're absurdly short-sighted and focused on two losses.

I bet you don't even remember that the Patriots opened their 2003 campaign with a 31-0 loss to the Bills, then followed it up with a very similarly winnable, but closely lost game to the Redskins three weeks later.  They wouldn't lose again until early next season.  They went 14-2.

And I'm not guaranteeing 14-2 or a Super Bowl, but my example serves to show you how unpredictable a season can be.

Yee of little faith...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats are not the 2007 pats, more like the 2008.  Every team declines, it is our time.  A far weather fan or hardcore fan must face the facts, we are not a top tier team anymore.  Tom Brady has come off major surgey, which has ended many a career.  He is not the same, it is sad, the is a hall of famer and send us to 4 Super Bowls. The party is over, maybe if we are lucky we can get a wild card berth.
    Posted by mollyandmary[/QUOTE]

I agree...Except I think if we get an elite pass rusher, linebacker, and/or cornerback, and Brady recovers enough to be a top 5 QB again, we could be Super Bowl contenders again in 2010.

We have a lot of solid depth on our roster, but no elite players on D.  Not even close.  Hopefully BB will learn and get some.  (And get an offensive coordinator.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give up on 2009, we stink. Regroup for 2010. : Har har! How many INTs do the Pats have so far this year, compared to other teams in the NFL? After their star DB Randy Moss picked off the pass today, I believe that gives the Pats a grand total of "2" on the year.  Which is pretty close to last in the NFL, if not dead last. But yeah, you're a regular football genius, and the Pats D is the best in the NFL.  We have scary talent all over the place.  Ok, right. Christ, I love the Pats, but you people are off your effin rockers if you think this is a championship team. 

And I'll bet you that the Patriots are top 10 in the league in passes defensed.  Did you think about THAT?

Did you watch last week's game where they tipped 4 passes into the air that fell a few feet just beyond defenders' reaches?

Or this week's game where two tipped passes actually hit Patriots defenders in the hands (one of which was batted away by f*riggin Wilhite...)?

Did you ever think to yourself that those will become picks if they keep putting forth the same effort?

Or did you just make a user name to try to be the harbinger of the apocalypse?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give up on 2009, we stink. Regroup for 2010. : I agree...Except I think if we get an elite pass rusher, linebacker, and/or cornerback, and Brady recovers enough to be a top 5 QB again, we could be Super Bowl contenders again in 2010. We have a lot of solid depth on our roster, but no elite players on D.  Not even close.  Hopefully BB will learn and get some.  (And get an offensive coordinator.)

Jerod Mayo isn't an elite player?

Sections
Shortcuts