given the events of game, this cements our position ABOVE SF in power rankings to me.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

given the events of game, this cements our position ABOVE SF in power rankings to me.

given this game, opposite of most ive heard, this cements our position ABOVE SF in power rankings, given how much had to go their way for them to beat us (it was an enormous amount) and the coming back  28 points unaswered late.

this gives me a lot of confidence that we can beat this team (sf).

green bay's offense, giants de , seattle (who has gotten better on offense since we played them), are more a mystery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: given the events of game, this cements our position ABOVE SF in power rankings to me.

we laaid an egg for 2.5 quarters allow 31 ponts, then come all the way back (only to give away the kickoff return that sealed the game).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: given the events of game, this cements our position ABOVE SF in power rankings to me.

A loss is a loss, we must deal with it. SF stays ahead of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

and what do power rankings have to do with the playoff scenario. makes you feel better even though the Pats lost to them? the hardware is what matters, not your pseudo power rankings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

SF came on the road to beat us during a month in which we had not lost in 10 years at home.

Also, think about how many free plays the Patriots defense got because Kaepernick fumbled the snap.

It was a sloppy game for both teams, but SF won on the road at a place where not too many teams win in December

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SF came on the road to beat us during a month in which we had not lost in 10 years at home.

Also, think about how many free plays the Patriots defense got because Kaepernick fumbled the snap.

It was a sloppy game for both teams, but SF won on the road at a place where not too many teams win in December

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? Did you just say how many "free plays" NE's D got?  Just how many "free plays" did our own offense give them on short fields, dummy?

Your trollish ignorance is ridiculous.  NE fumbled what, 4 times, and Brady had 2 INTs! 

Also, NE's D/STs got screwed on two turnovers they created. People are awfully quiet this morning on the Hightower strip and the Ginn punt fumble.  Gee, most punt returners don't react like that if the ball doesn't glance off their body.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty logic.  SF fumbled *6* times and 1 pick

NE fumbled twice with 2 picks

4 is now greater than 7

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? Did you just say how many "free plays" NE's D got?  Just how many "free plays" did our own offense give them on short fields, dummy?

Your trollish ignorance is ridiculous.  NE fumbled what, 4 times, and Brady had 2 INTs! 

Also, NE's D/STs got screwed on two turnovers they created. People are awfully quiet this morning on the Hightower strip and the Ginn punt fumble.  Gee, most punt returners don't react like that if the ball doesn't glance off their body.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty logic.  SF fumbled *6* times and 1 pick

NE fumbled twice with 2 picks

4 is now greater than 7

[/QUOTE]

and then has to nerve to call someone a dummy!  smh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

sorry a few of you, i thoguht this was a football discussion board.

if pats can plya this bad for 3/4 of a game and barely lose a game they had no buisiness being in late in the game says a lot. 

how strong a team is / a power ranking is based on what they would do 3 out of 5 games for instance against one another, not on a record or even a close loss.

that gaem showed me in 2 of 3 games we should beat the niners (without gronk)

with him we are a cut above.

funny someone callnig me a homer above when i get crucified on this board reguarly for being objective. amusing.

peace

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

1. i dont see it, pats got outplayed and made too many mistakes.

2.power rankings mean nothing

3. if those two teams meet in the super bowl, it will be another great game like this past one was

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

given this game, opposite of most ive heard, this cements our position ABOVE SF in power rankings, given how much had to go their way for them to beat us (it was an enormous amount) and the coming back  28 points unaswered late.

green bay's offense, giants de , seattle (who has gotten better on offense since we played them), are more a mystery.

[/QUOTE]

personally i think they are also above the 85 bears, the 80's 49ers, the lombardi packers and the steel curtain steelers-why stop with just SF??

[/QUOTE]

good point. they may be.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

personally i think they are also above the 85 bears, the 80's 49ers, the lombardi packers and the steel curtain steelers-why stop with just SF??

[/QUOTE]

i com ehere to talk football, not to give or take shots at people. thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not that im condoning that response by jints....but this thread did come off a bit homer-ish. they lost the game and the 9ers were the better team last night, its as simple as that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i do too...i found ur OP well kind of ridiculous and i was being just a weee bit sarcastic

[/QUOTE]

noted. i usually try to psot when i have something to add to a conversation or communciation, as opposed to take away from.

peace

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hmm... The 49ers have a better record and beat the Patriots in Foxboro. Therefore the Patriots are better, makes sense...

The 49ers actually won that game despite not playing their best either. They turned the ball over twice (both times in the red zone - once in the end zone). The failed on a 4 and 1 at the Patriots 25 to end one drive, and miss a FG under 40 yards to end another. Just one of those plays goes different and they allowed 28 points in a 15 minute span at one point does not tie the game.

The 49ers gave up more yards in penalties and wasted two timeouts early in the fourth quarter when the could get plays called in time (once on offense and once on defense). For crying out loud, the fumbled the snap four times.

The 49ers beat the Patriots in Foxboro without actually playing a great game. I think it is fair to say that right now, the 49ers deserve to be considered the better team.

I still think the Patriots can beat them if there is a Super Bowl rematch, but I am not going to claim that Patriots are a better team based on anything I saw on Sunday night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Speaking of pwer rankings patriots dropped to #5, even though they beat the Donkos and Texans. The media is in love with pouting again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/18/week-15-power-rankings-3/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Loved the ability for us to come back like that against a great defense, but someone made a good point on the radio today...San Fran let down their guard with that enormous lead. When it mattered once again, they put their foot back down on our throats and squezed out any ounce of fight we had...quickly too. I think the guy that said that had a point that I didn't really consider and there was some evidence of it on the field (change from man to zone...more of a conservitive approach, etc.).

In reality I think we just didn't play well enough to win, nor did we deserve to. I do think we can beat them though and will if we meet them again...it's weird, but I actually think the 49ers are better built for the weather than we are. That would be different in a Super Bowl. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

now those who disagreed, do you see what im talking about. power rankings not based on who wins on ONE day, but who will win best of 5 for example.