Glad Randy Moss is no longer here=====>

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Re: Glad Randy Moss is no longer here=====>

In Response to Re: Glad Randy Moss is no longer here=====>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glad Randy Moss is no longer here===== /> : It's entirely possible, sportstalk. Don't forget, if Randy clears waivers (not out of the realm of possibility) the Vikings are on the hook for the rest of his current contract and Randy is free to negotiate another deal on top of that. Something to think about. Ohhh . . .   and pochen . . .   I'm not sure comparing Randy to a two-year-old is getting your point across in the fashion you imagined it might.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you for being the first to point that out.  I just did some checking & it appears you are right on track.  So to be clear, if he clears waivers he then becomes a free agent able to sign w/ any team while still being paid the pro-rated amount of his 2010 salary by the Vikings.  So it is not so far fetched to believe he orchestrated his release from the Vikings for this purpose.  A lot of teams might pass on a waiver claim hoping they could sign him for less as a free agent!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Good points, but I think the bad outweighs the good with Moss (which is why he was being phased out). He certainly would help WW's and hernandez, but do you think Bill O'Brien would be on board?

Also, I think he's a bit of a negative leader (I'm sure you read Patriot Reign). Reports today are that The Vikings were concerned about his effect on Percy Harvin (who loved him apparently...there's no denying teammates like Moss) and that he was a DB to some people who were serving the vikings food. A big deal? No. But it does give a glimpse of Randy Moss. He's loud and domineering, and it'd be impossible to have him play a bit role quietly IMO.

Anyway, I've written way too much about this. He'll probably be claimed, but it'll be interesting to see if he isn't. I bet BB likes the  TEAM, and would like to see where they can go from here. All the pro Moss argument could've been applied to Terry Glenn in 01, and we all know what happened that year.

[QUOTE]I actually posted something like that too. Brady's rating to Moss this season was in the 60's. But football is conditional, and it is obvious (for instance) the the early season looks Hernandez was getting were underneath the spots Randy cleared out.  I can see arguments for and against bringing him back. I will (as if I have a choice, lol) let the waiver process play out, and then let BB decide that one if he has the opportunity to do so. I cannot, as you are doing for your reasons, say NE absolutely should not, simply because he worked well here, and answers some needs in the short term. Although I recognize your concerns about the player. Pros:  He is still a great WR, who just isn't world beating like in 2007, and he doesn't need to produce statistically to have an impact ... He could come cheap! The players here all love him and consider him a team player ... Cons: He already asked for a trade, and while I wouldn't characterize it as "shooting his way out of NE" it certainly casts a shadow on what bringing him back would mean ... He threw Minny under the bus ... more unprofessional than anything he has done here in NE... black mark  He isn't the world's best type player anymore, and this draws attention to his shortcomings as a blocker, and short route runner .... do they lose something, that is to say, by taking Branch/Tate off the field sometimes?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I don't buy what Randy was selling after the game on Sunday.   IMO that interview was premeditated & done for a purpose.  There is more to Randy Moss than meets the eye.  By all accounts he is extremely intelligent guy.  I believe he is trying to get that new contract in any way possible, that's his one & only goal right now.  If he has to put on a dog & pony show in order to up the likelihood of getting his payday, he will.  Part of me doesn't begrudge him that...he's trying to do what's best for himself & his family.  But I just don't think he's a fit here in New England anymore.
    Posted by sportstalk[/QUOTE]

It was absolutely premeditated.  He was part of a sinking boat and rather than take his chances and help his team bail water he kicked a hole in the floor.  He knew that the quickest way out of town was to question his coach publicly, and while he was at it, he thought he should throw in a mea culpa in the hope that New England would actually welcome him back to a system where he can fit right in (read: improve his stats) and where it looks like they are a legit playoff contender.  Absolutely devious, calculated, and brilliant if you consider that this season is all about proving to someone that he's still worth the big money.  I wouldn't put it past him to go to a mediocre team where he can be the show, all with an eye on his pending free agency.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]So you using animal and scorpion to compare to a human being is a better example? What about Josh Hamilton? I don't see you replying to that.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

It's a fable, it's meant to teach a moral lesson, not to be taken literally.  And yes, Josh Hamilton is a good exapmple on your part.  But I don't see you replying to my point that Moss has a track record, which you or anyone else cannot deny.  The last month has shown me a lot about Moss that makes me wonder if anyone should really sign him at this point.  Is he really worth the headache if things don't go 100% perfect?  

Look Pochen, if you want him back because you believe he's misunderstood, and you really believe he's learned a lesson, you are a better person than I apparently.  I tend to move on rather than learn lessons the hard way.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

A perplexing question: Moss back to NE or not?
    One cannot separate stats and abilities from the emotional make up of the person and his effect on the team. We all know Randy can be a lot to handle and he could have a deleterious effect on the team. The question is: Is BB and TB enough to handle him? I think they could but I am not sure they want to.

We have already re-set our offense and we have also said goodbye to Randy with affection publicly and privately. I just don't see them going back on everything and starting over again, even though it may be Randy's wish to do that. Sometimes, goodbye is really goodbye. Even though I like Randy and from a nostalgic point of view I would like him to come back I still believe everyone has to grieve, let go and get on with their life, for better or for worse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

some of the posts in this thread makeme feel like I'm tripping on acid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]some of the posts in this thread makeme feel like I'm tripping on acid.
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

Your avatar makes me feel like I'm tripping on acid . . .

which I well may have been the first time I saw that movie.

Foot in mouth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

My 2 years old is doing the wrong thing every single day without us teaching her to drop food on the floor, to spit food out if she doesn't like it.

You may want to try limiting her to only one six pack an evening. It helps...  really

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glad Randy Moss is no longer here===== /> : Your avatar makes me feel like I'm tripping on acid . . . which I well may have been the first time I saw that movie.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

In 1985, I was definitely not on acid during that little classic.

Sections
Shortcuts