Glenn, Milloy, Branch, Seymour, Mankins...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Glenn, Milloy, Branch, Seymour, Mankins...

Dumping these guys worked out fine for us.

Yes Mankins could still return and the O-line could still suffer w/o him, but he is prob gone, but we HAVE to get a pick for him.

Yes only a 3rd rd pick for Moss is low value, but in the end I trust it will turn out like those other subtractions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

Re: Glenn, Milloy, Branch, Seymour, Mankins...

we dont need another pick ram...we have plenty and half of em will probably get traded back and flipped into future seasons like usual...we need depth at WR now...i agree we may as well dump mankins while we are at it and get something for him...since this is turning into the season of the malcontent makeover

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I disagree

This is a rebuilding year, or 'bridge' year as Theo would say

Sure the team would be better with him for now, maybe 11 wins instead of 9.
    Even with Moss did people see a Super Bowl this year? No. But an offseason where we don't tie up 30 million in a 34 year old and draft 4-5 STARS, plus get Bodden/Warren back, add an elite FA and have all our picks 5 spots higher then ahd we kept Moss

I'm fine with that

ew dynasty starts in '11

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Remember, we got Moss for a 4th Rounder when he was 3.5 years younger.  This is a step up in return, especially after 259 receptions, 50 TDs, 3900 yards and all the plays and records he helped with.  Who knows if the Pats don't package some of those picks for an established player somewhere.  Maybe we swing a pick or 2 to Oakland for NA and help adjust the defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Add Bledsoe to that discussion.  I would also think Light could be shopped at this point, an aging vetern in the last year of his deal...but yet still a starting LT.  How much would chicago give us for him...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still not sure I understand the timing of the trade.  But I really believe that Moss was forcing the issue a bit.  If he was a goner and they were worried that he would sulk, then get the pick while it's there. 

I am in the minoirty of fans who think this team is in its "bridge" period and that they will reload and cash some of these picks in for complementary players when management thinks they are legit contenders.  I do not think they are superbowl bound this year with or without Moss.  You don't trade a Moss if you think you're on the doorstep of superbowl contention. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

wont even be an 11 lol...and i am getting beyond bitching about the moss trade, it is what it is...thats not what i was talking about

i was just talking about trying to get a serviceable player in return for mankins since we already have an a$$load of picks BB is just gonna trade anyway

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Glenn was a 26 year old stud WR who played in a couple of games, was deactivated for behavor issues and contract whining and the team WON THE SUPER BOWL

Then Glenn only got us a 4th rd pick

Granted that was a young defense, but our offense now, minue Randy, is prob better than '01 would have been WITH Glenn

This FO has a history of not letting the players run the show when it comes to $... pay your dues and take slightly less than amrket value so you can be on a winner and you are golden

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I lived in the Bay Area during the Bill Walsh era.  Similar songs were sung about him (Lott, Dean, Montana, Craig, etc).  Maybe BB learned something from Walsh. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

BB has learned what the value of every player on the 53 man roster is to him based on the sytem he runs

In reality, only Brady (and maybe Vince) is worth more than market value to the current franchise. Seymour's '01-'05 was worth overpaying for when he was only 25... but then his late 20's were marred by injuries and underperfomances.

Milloy, Law, Branch and Samuel would have made the Pats better in each of the years after they left. But all were overpaid in the longterm and BB does not do that. When you win a SB like after Milloy it is ok, when you are rebuilding like after the brady injury (Asante/Sey) it is ok, when you should have won and were an impact defender or decent WR away from a 4th title (Branch/Law min '06 = SB #4) it is questionable.

If we got 2nd rd picks for Sey/Branch over SEA/OAK vastly overpaying for them, you could have a bigger bone to pick.

Everyone but Brady (and a select few tha get good $ every couple years) better pull a Bruschi, Vrabel, Troy Brown, Light and Rodney Harrison. If you complain before your deal is up, or demand top 5-10 money @ your position when it it debatable that the team won't be better off with a draft pick and spreading that cash around... then goodbye

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn, Milloy, Branch, Seymour, Mankins...:
    [QUOTE]BB has learned what the value of every player on the 53 man roster is to him based on the sytem he runs In reality, only Brady (and maybe Vince) is worth more than market value to the current franchise. Seymour's '01-'05 was worth overpaying for when he was only 25... but then his late 20's were marred by injuries and underperfomances. Milloy, Law, Branch and Samuel would have made the Pats better in each of the years after they left. But all were overpaid in the longterm and BB does not do that. When you win a SB like after Milloy it is ok, when you are rebuilding like after the brady injury (Asante/Sey) it is ok, when you should have won and were an impact defender or decent WR away from a 4th title (Branch/Law min '06 = SB #4) it is questionable. If we got 2nd rd picks for Sey/Branch over SEA/OAK vastly overpaying for them, you could have a bigger bone to pick. Everyone but Brady (and a select few tha get good $ every couple years) better pull a Bruschi, Vrabel, Troy Brown, Light and Rodney Harrison. If you complain before your deal is up, or demand top 5-10 money @ your position when it it debatable that the team won't be better off with a draft pick and spreading that cash around... then goodbye
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

and that is the bottom line. Nobody is above "The Team"

Sections
Shortcuts