Globe Reporting gone Bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Globe Reporting gone Bad

Since Reiss left, the Globe reporting of the Patriots has gone from strong and informative..to poor . There definitely seems to be a strong turn towards the negative...led by Albie Breer.

I'd love to know this guys' qualifications, other than maybe HS jv football or something...He seems to have a strong negative viewpoint towards Belichick, Moss etc.

Very few people realize Moss played almost entire season w/a separated shoulder..from a brutal hit in Denver. Thats why we NEVER saw him extend his arms outward...or his patented above his head 'rebound' type catches....Whenever a ball was thrown high, he was forced to cradle...Yet, Albie chose to slander the guy..bigtime.

His reporting of Moss 'giving up' vs Carolina....well, lets put it this way...Chris Gamble is telling those close to him [ and said same to R Moss]....that he never said that....That Albie put those words in his mouth.

Tomase, Borges...run out...Time to get rid of this clown too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Globe Reporting gone Bad

I agree about the focus on negativity, but where did you find the reference to Moss having a separated shoulder?

I suspect the change in editorial direction at the Globe is what led to Reiss' departure.  I can't even imagine Reiss writing some of this stuff.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Let us not forget...the Globe is owned by the NYT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~I know at the onset this sounds like a ridiculous comparison, but one of the reasons why I liked and enjoyed Mike Reiss so much when here, is the same reason I dig early Ernest Hemingway.  Lol, Hear me out...IF I recall correctly, I believe Hemingway was a sport's writer himself during his very earliest of years.  The sheer simplicity of his short, choppy, (*cough-neurotic) sentences makes for an an easy read.  Hemingway, just like Mike Reiss did (even when doing his more editorial-like columns), Showed but Did NOT Tell.  Reiss like EH, gave you the facts of the matter and somehow still kept it entertaining with good yet simple story-telling backed largely by easily understood yet trully excellent descriptive details.  Reiss and EH took the reader on an enjoyable journey, and by offering The Who, What, When, Where, But NOT The WHY-

~It thus, Informed the reader and therefore, Respected them enough to draw their OWN freakin' conclusions on the matter...  In this sense the writer's essentially saying, "Alright, I gave them an easily understood telling of ALL the details, but since there are far too many presumptuously opinionated imbeciles sounding off on this planet, and in a world FILLED with the pretensions of generalized conclusions, I'm THEREFORE, gonna toughen-out NOT givin' my own two-sense and thinkin' just because I'm the story-teller my opions don't stink as much as their's do, And In The End, actually allow them the crazy notion of reflection by letting them draw their own conclusions on the matter."  

...I pretty obviously (pssh...and successfully) attempt to do the very same as Mike Reiss and Ernest Hemingway...With my intelligent underuse of descriptive terms (green, fast, etc), overuse of explanatory adverbs (very, a ton, greatly, etc.), AND If that doesn't COMPLETELY get my point across, I subtly underline, italicize, and use bold keys to shove my thoughts down the reader's throat (see how I did that with those hot keys-yea, I felt the need to explain that last part)...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I started reading the Globe back during the 1985 season. I couldn't get enough of Will McDonough and Michael Madden reporting on the Patriots and all things NFL.

Then, the day after the Super Bowl drubbing, Ron Borges (yes, he's been here that long) reported that Irving Fryar was among 12 NFL players who tested positive for marihuana. At least he waited until after the super bowl.

After Madden left and McDonough passed away I stopped reading the Globe. Then came the internet and I found bostonsportsmedia.com and Mike Reiss on boston.com.

Then I found this blog which is much better than reporters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcjoker. Show bdcjoker's posts

You are insinuating that it was well written and good reading....how silly of you. Now what is funny today?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Carraway...Moss has a private training facility here in S Fla....I know this as a fact...Question...Did you ever see him raise his arms above his head?...Remember Indy game in 2007?, the freak catch???..He was severely limited & thats why he didn't practice Weds during season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Digger ....McDonough & Madden make these clowns working for the Globe look like toddlers....This Breer character is arrogant, I guess because Belichick makes his job tough.

I'm having a hard time deciding who is worse, Tomase or Breer???...Getting to be the time to run Breer out of town too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Well Texas Pat thinks reporters are using his ideas to write stories.

Sections
Shortcuts