Go Benny Go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Go Benny Go

19 carries 129 yards 1 TD and still 7 minutes to go in the game.  2 100 yard games in a row.  Who does this average back think he is?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Go Benny Go

Two 100 hundred yard games in two years actually. Good for him, he got it going against a defense that has allowed 5.8 yards per rush over the previous 3 games. Does this mean that Benny should of got more carries here? Or that Belichick should of kept him? We will find out...tune in next week for another episode of " as Green Ellis Turns". 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Two 100 hundred yard games in two years actually. Good for him, he got it going against a defense that has allowed 5.8 yards per rush over the previous 3 games. Does this mean that Benny should of got more carries here? Or that Belichick should of kept him? We will find out...tune in next week for another episode of " as Green Ellis Turns". 

Haha I knew the first thing anyone was going to say was "oh it was against weak competition".  Amazing that never comes up when its a Pats player......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Haha I knew the first thing anyone was going to say was "oh it was against weak competition".  Amazing that never comes up when its a Pats player......

You don't think that had something to do with it? Did you see any of that game? Oakland might as well put no one on the field to stop running plays - they would do better.

I'll hand it to him though...he already faced a similar team against the run in Cleveland this year and didn't do anything, so perhaps he's as good as you think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, Benny popped a 48 yarder against the terrible Raiders run D. Other than that he was running at exactly what the Raiders give up on average. The week before he was up against the even worse Chiefs.

This should bring him up to a whopping 3.8 ypc for the year.

But calling him average is a little generous. The average per carry in the NFL this year in 4.2 yards. Even after exploiting the hapless Raiders Benny will be nearly a half yard a carry short of average.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100035/BenJarvus-Green-Ellis-49-yard-run

Mike Reiss sums up my thoughts on Benny nicely in his blog this morning,
    "while former lead back BenJarvus Green-Ellis did great things for the Patriots, and his reliability was appreciated by many, the Patriots are much more dynamic at the position this year with the combination of Stevan Ridley, Vereen, Danny Woodhead and Brandon Bolden."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4735099/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-131

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Good for him. I like the guys we have now but it's nice to see Benny play well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

He had a 49 yard run,

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100035/BenJarvus-Green-Ellis-49-yard-run

"while former lead back BenJarvus Green-Ellis did great things for the Patriots, and his reliability was appreciated by many, the Patriots are much more dynamic at the position this year with the combination of Stevan Ridley, Vereen, Danny Woodhead and Brandon Bolden."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4735099/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-131

"BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 129 yards and a touchdown against the NFL's most generous defense. He had runs of 48 and 39 yards -- the longest of his career -- to set up scores." (nfl.com)

So other than his 2 big runs he had 2.5 ypc. Interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dude has average talent, but plays with big heart. Scores TDs and doesn't fumble which makes him slightly above average. But, he'd be buried in the depth chart if he were still here - except perhaps in goal line situations. 

I wish him well but we're much better off to intimidate with the run now. No one had to game plan against BJGE, nor do they have to game plan against him now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He had a great game against the Raiders when he played with us too, didn't he?  O'Brien knew when to call his number and when not too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He had a 49 yard run,

"BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 129 yards and a touchdown against the NFL's most generous defense. He had runs of 48 and 39 yards -- the longest of his career -- to set up scores." (nfl.com)

Did you happen to see his 48 yarder? It was off tackle to the left - his best year here that used to be his bread and butter run - no one has let him hit that run in two years...until the Raiders gave it to him today. How bad do you have to be to let that happen?

Hey good for him...seems like a decent guy, I just don't think he's very good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

Did you happen to see his 48 yarder? It was off tackle to the left - his best year here that used to be his bread and butter run - no one has let him hit that run in two years...until the Raiders gave it to him today. How bad do you have to be to let that happen?

Hey good for him...seems like a decent guy, I just don't think he's very good.

I'm happy for the guy. I've never wished him ill. As you know, it's just the overrating around here that was annoying.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

What an idiotic arguement, take out the two best runs and then average it.  That makes total sense.  Sorry Babe EVERY run counts when you do an average. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Bengals could be dangerous, they are improving week by week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

19 carries 129 yards 1 TD and still 7 minutes to go in the game.  2 100 yard games in a row.  Who does this average back think he is?????

BJGE is a good guy and was helpful here. Are you saying you would rather have him over any one of these guys??? Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Woodhead, and dont forget next year Jeff Demps. If your talking smack cause Benny had one good game, fine. If you actually prefer him over any one of our current backs your not very bright.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's official. Benny has bolstered his average per carry to 3.8, nearly a half yard less than the league average (4.2).

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

What an idiotic arguement, take out the two best runs and then average it.  That makes total sense.  Sorry Babe EVERY run counts when you do an average. 

This might make sense, if I had presented an argument rather than simply made an observation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

BJGE is a good guy and was helpful here. Are you saying you would rather have him over any one of these guys??? Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Woodhead, and dont forget next year Jeff Demps. If your talking smack cause Benny had one good game, fine. If you actually prefer him over any one of our current backs your not very bright.

Talking smack? No.  I am keeping up with a guy I liked when he played here and was written off as average at best back when he left.

As far as backs we have now.  Jury is still out on Bolden as he hasn't played enough games to judge.  Woody is a different back all together and is a 3rd down back not an every down back.  Verren and Ridley should be better, lets see if they can stay healthy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

This might make sense, if I had presented an argument rather than simply made an observation.

Oh fun word games.  While your observations are just as dumb as your arguments.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

Whatever. I noted a fact. You can go with the personal attack and call that dumb if you wish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

Whatever. I noted a fact. You can go with the personal attack and call that dumb if you wish.

Keep playing word games.  I called it an argument.  You said it was an observation, now its a fact.  Whatever you call it, taking out the two biggetst runs and then saying he "only averaged" 2.5 is dumb wether its an argument, observation, or fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He had a 49 yard run,

Keep playing word games.  I called it an argument.  You said it was an observation, now its a fact.  Whatever you call it, taking out the two biggetst runs and then saying he "only averaged" 2.5 is dumb wether its an argument, observation, or fact.

I made an observation about a fact.

I'll tell you what's dumb. Getting all puffy chested about a guy who is nearly a half yard BELOW the leage AVERAGE per carry when he just happens to bust loose a couple of times against a terrible run D. Now, that's DUMB. Know anybody dumb like that?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts