Go Benny Go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Go Benny Go

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He had a great game against the Raiders when he played with us too, didn't he?  O'Brien knew when to call his number and when not too. 

[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that Obrian and Saban are 2of the possible coaches of the year in the college ranks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A whole "half yard" with back up O Linemen in front of him and a young offense around him? Oh, the horror!

I wish we used him more after the TD drive he helped us score on out of halftime in SB 46.

[/QUOTE]

My god you really don't understand football, do you? A half yard? Yeah, that's nothing! LMAO!

Hey how are our runners doing with the 52 different guards, centers and tackles we've had to roll out there due to injury? Doesn't seem to be bothering them too much. Wasn't it two weeks ago you were blaming Benny's lack of production because of his line? So in two weeks they "gelled" and everything is all good now, right? It couldn't be because he's gone up against two terrible run defenses over the last two weeks?

Yards per carry has got to be the single most important stat for a runner - it tells you exactly what these get when they carry the ball. You can look at total yardage or even touchdowns, but in reality total yardage is affected by the amount of carries and touchdowns are affected by where these guys are scoring from (and how the ball ultimately got there). A half a yard less per carry is HUGE! If one guy is averaging 4 yards a carry and the other is averaging 3.5 yards per carry - one guy is getting 12.5% MORE everytime he touches the ball. That is huge...it's huge to a coach...to a player...to an offense...and ultimately huge to winning games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

A whole "half yard" with back up O Linemen in front of him and a young offense around him? Oh, the horror!

I wish we used him more after the TD drive he helped us score on out of halftime in SB 46.

[/QUOTE]

That's a half yard BELOW the NFL AVERAGE junior. Not a half yard below being good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My god you really don't understand football, do you? A half yard? Yeah, that's nothing! LMAO!

Hey how are our runners doing with the 52 different guards, centers and tackles we've had to roll out there due to injury? Doesn't seem to be bothering them too much. Wasn't it two weeks ago you were blaming Benny's lack of production because of his line? So in two weeks they "gelled" and everything is all good now, right? It couldn't be because he's gone up against two terrible run defenses over the last two weeks?

[/QUOTE]

And next week when they play a tough SD run D, junior will be back to the bad O-line ploy.

Do you think if Benny was our QB last year and Welker dropped the same pass he did in the SB Rusty would be crucifying him for a bad pass, or roasting Welker for a drop? Junior has his little favorites that get all the excuses but the guy who made this team a dynasty only gets his scorn. Pathetic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And next week when they play a tough SD run D, junior will be back to the bad O-line ploy.

Do you think if Benny was our QB last year and Welker dropped the same pass he did in the SB Rusty would be crucifying him for a bad pass, or roasting Welker for a drop? Junior has his little favorites that get all the excuses but the guy who made this team a dynasty only gets his scorn. Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Imagine if Patrick Chung threw it?!

Seriously I can't think of a single more important thing for a runner than their yards per carry average - this tells you exactly what the guy is getting whenever they touch the ball. If one guy is getting 4 yards per carry and another is averaging 3.5...that's 12.5 percent less!! This is what decides winning or losing. This is what makes a guy a pro bowler or just an average guy.

I really can't believe a guy that claims he knows football doesn't get this. This really has to be the single most dumb thing I've ever seen him write. This blows away the Ocho Cinco love affair he had. It kills the the Alex Smith is better than Brady stuff (who is now riding the bench by the way). Too funny...way too funny!