Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Go vote tomorrow

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Go vote tomorrow

Well, we all voted.  The politicians can now go back to what they normally do..  only care for themselves, their special interests and their party lines.  They said what they needed to say to get elected and their ears now go deaf on what the American people REALLY want:  reign in government spending which in turn reduces the need for more tax revenue plus solutions, solutions, solutions that WORK!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

There was a time when people avoided discussing religion or politics in public. I pine for those days. Nowadays, everyone seems comfortable shoving their views in each other's faces. A little humility would go a long way; it starts with the humble belief that we don't have all the answers and that listening is more educational than talking.

TELL OBAMA ABOUT HUMILITY...HE HAS NONE, ALONG WITH NO LEADERSHIP ABILITY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

There was a time when people avoided discussing religion or politics in public. I pine for those days. Nowadays, everyone seems comfortable shoving their views in each other's faces. A little humility would go a long way; it starts with the humble belief that we don't have all the answers and that listening is more educational than talking.

Longing for the days of Bush/Cheney?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Longing for the days of Bush/Cheney?

NO, JUST SOME ONE WITH THE CREDENTIALS, COURAGE, AND CONSCIENCE TO BE PRESIDENT ALONG WITH AFOREMENTIONED QUALITIES!!!!   HOW ABOUT YOU?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RUSTY.... you are talking with out facts...

1.OBAMA thew our Western EUROPE missile shield under the bus to curry favor with Vladimir, who he promised to be more flexible after he got re-elected. Flexible at AMERICA'S expense.

2.OBAMA/BIDEN failed to get a Status of Forces agreement in Iraq and is losing the peace that the Armed FORCES won.

3. ISRAEL is looking for a new Moses to lead them out of bondage since that is where Obama has consigned with his comments about boundries.

4. Your other comments are all ad hominums.

5. OBAMA has neither the Credentials, Courage, or Conscience to be President. 

6. As for leadership ability, he has none. He could not lead me thru a Chinese cat house with a 100 lb bag of rice. Witness that he appointed Simpson/Bowles and then walked away from it.

7. Obama submitted two budgets to the Senate and got zero votes them from Dems and Republicans.

8. I'LL allow that OBAMA did one thing that I thought was impossible. He made Carter look good.

FYI .. I am a Fiscal Conservative as is the Tea Party. I've wasted too much time responding to a man who should know better. Especially since I'm one fingered typist. You should stick to football where you seem to have some knowledge.   

This is like a hilariously bad collection of Faux News talking points.  I don't even know where to begin.

1. You have literally no idea what flexibility even means.  Believe it or not other countries don't like it when we just do whatever the f uck we want and put missiles in their back yard.  The Russians are on record saying if we don't come to an agreement they will blow up the damn shield and you think the President should just flip the bird and move on.  Brilliant.  This is even ignoring the fact that Iran is nowhere near even having a dam nuclear weapon let alone having the dam capability to launch it halfway around the world.

2. Do you even know what a Status of Forces agreement is?  The one Bush signed before leaving office specifically gave the Iraqi government the final word on whether or not we leave troops there and when we were supposed to withdraw.  We simply honored the agreement Bush signed.

3.  I guess you missed the part where our intelligence agencies have collaborated enormously (including the development of the cyberattack to slow down Iranian nuclear research) or that we just finished running the biggest joint military exercises in history.  Oh man we are really leaving Israel out to dry.

4. This isn't a fact.

5. This isn't a fact.

6. The first part is not a fact.  The part about Bowles-Simpson is a laughable display of ignorance.  Bowles and Simpson came up with a plan.  If it was approved by the commission made up of 18 members of congress (from both the House and Senate) then it immediately passed Congress would go straight to the President to sign (this got around the filibuster).  The plan was not approved by the commission so there literally was no agreement to sign.  And why did it fail?  Because Paul Ryan and the rest of the conservative members of the House refused to vote for it because it included revenue increases.  How do I know Obama would have signed it?  Because he offered Republicans an even sweeter deal with significantly less revenue increases during the debt ceiling negotiations and they rejected that too.  Obama did not walk away from Simpson Bowles.  Republicans killed it before it could even get off the ground because they are all beholden to Grover A$$hat.

7.  When an entire political party decides that no compromises can be made on the revenue side of the budget then it is kind of hard to pass a budget isn't it.  Obama didn't submit budgets because he recognized correctly that it was a waste of time.  Republicans would reject any deal as they have during his entire first term.  Democrats were cowards and recognized the budgets had no chance of passing so they covered their a$$es and didn't vote for it so they couldn't be attacked based on any of its contents.

8. This isn't a fact.

It's f'ing remarkable to read all of this bs about how Obama isn't a "good leader" because he didn't bring everyone together in Washington.  It wasn't for a lack of trying.  His health care bill was a Republican idea.  The individual mandate was originally the creation of the highly conservative Heritage Foundation Think Tank.  IT WAS F'ING IMPLEMENTED AT THE STATE LEVEL BY A REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR WHO JUST RAN FOR PRESIDENT.  In his most generous offer to Republicans during the debt limit negotations he offered cuts to both Social Security and Medicare in exchange for less than half of the revenue that would have been raised by Simpson-Bowles.  Bipartisanship "failed" because Republicans have decided that they were more concerned with increasing their own power than solving the country's problems as evidenced by their strategy to oppose virtually every piece of legislation put forth by Obama (even if they supported it in the past) and then blame the gridlock on him.  Obama bent over backwards to offer them sweetheart deals agaisnt the wishes of the liberals in his party despite what they may tell you on Fox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

delete

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

RUSTY.... you are talking with out facts...

1.OBAMA thew our Western EUROPE missile shield under the bus to curry favor with Vladimir, who he promised to be more flexible after he got re-elected. Flexible at AMERICA'S expense.

2.OBAMA/BIDEN failed to get a Status of Forces agreement in Iraq and is losing the peace that the Armed FORCES won.

3. ISRAEL is looking for a new Moses to lead them out of bondage since that is where Obama has consigned with his comments about boundries.

4. Your other comments are all ad hominums.

5. OBAMA has neither the Credentials, Courage, or Conscience to be President. 

6. As for leadership ability, he has none. He could not lead me thru a Chinese cat house with a 100 lb bag of rice. Witness that he appointed Simpson/Bowles and then walked away from it.

7. Obama submitted two budgets to the Senate and got zero votes them from Dems and Republicans.

8. I'LL allow that OBAMA did one thing that I thought was impossible. He made Carter look good.

FYI .. I am a Fiscal Conservative as is the Tea Party. I've wasted too much time responding to a man who should know better. Especially since I'm one fingered typist. You should stick to football where you seem to have some knowledge.   

This is like a hilariously bad collection of Faux News talking points.  I don't even know where to begin.

1. You have literally no idea what flexibility even means.  Believe it or not other countries don't like it when we just do whatever the f uck we want and put missiles in their back yard.  The Russians are on record saying if we don't come to an agreement they will blow up the damn shield and you think the President should just flip the bird and move on.  Brilliant.  This is even ignoring the fact that Iran is nowhere near even having a dam nuclear weapon let alone having the dam capability to launch it halfway around the world.

2. Do you even know what a Status of Forces agreement is?  The one Bush signed before leaving office specifically gave the Iraqi government the final word on whether or not we leave troops there and when we were supposed to withdraw.  We simply honored the agreement Bush signed.

3.  I guess you missed the part where our intelligence agencies have collaborated enormously (including the development of the cyberattack to slow down Iranian nuclear research) or that we just finished running the biggest joint military exercises in history.  Oh man we are really leaving Israel out to dry.

4. This isn't a fact.

5. This isn't a fact.

6. The first part is not a fact.  The part about Bowles-Simpson is a laughable display of ignorance.  Bowles and Simpson came up with a plan.  If it was approved by the commission made up of 18 members of congress (from both the House and Senate) then it immediately passed Congress would go straight to the President to sign (this got around the filibuster).  The plan was not approved by the commission so there literally was no agreement to sign.  And why did it fail?  Because Paul Ryan and the rest of the conservative members of the House refused to vote for it because it included revenue increases.  How do I know Obama would have signed it?  Because he offered Republicans an even sweeter deal with significantly less revenue increases during the debt ceiling negotiations and they rejected that too.  Obama did not walk away from Simpson Bowles.  Republicans killed it before it could even get off the ground because they are all beholden to Grover A$$hat.

7.  When an entire political party decides that no compromises can be made on the revenue side of the budget then it is kind of hard to pass a budget isn't it.  Obama didn't submit budgets because he recognized correctly that it was a waste of time.  Republicans would reject any deal as they have during his entire first term.  Democrats were cowards and recognized the budgets had no chance of passing so they covered their a$$es and didn't vote for it so they couldn't be attacked based on any of its contents.

8. This isn't a fact.

It's f'ing remarkable to read all of this bs about how Obama isn't a "good leader" because he didn't bring everyone together in Washington.  It wasn't for a lack of trying.  His health care bill was a Republican idea.  The individual mandate was originally the creation of the highly conservative Heritage Foundation Think Tank.  IT WAS F'ING IMPLEMENTED AT THE STATE LEVEL BY A REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR WHO JUST RAN FOR PRESIDENT.  In his most generous offer to Republicans during the debt limit negotations he offered cuts to both Social Security and Medicare in exchange for less than half of the revenue that would have been raised by Simpson-Bowles.  Bipartisanship "failed" because Republicans have decided that they were more concerned with increasing their own power than solving the country's problems as evidenced by their strategy to oppose virtually every piece of legislation put forth by Obama (even if they supported it in the past) and then blame the gridlock on him.  Obama bent over backwards to offer them sweetheart deals agaisnt the wishes of the liberals in his party despite what they may tell you on Fox.

you just had an enema and posted the result here!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

"AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN JUNIOR. Capeche?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's "capisce", if you're being polite, otherwise it's "capisci".

Sections
Shortcuts