Goal line offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillMurphy. Show BillMurphy's posts

Goal line offense

Patriots used to use linebacker Mike Vrabel as an eligible receiver. Looks like Rob Ninkovich has pretty good hands - maybe they should give him a try.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Goal line offense

How critical to this offense is Woodhead? He is too small to block well, is an average runner and isn't that reliable catching passes, especially down by the goal line. Vareen needs to get more reps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Needless with Gronk and Hernandez I feel just more oppourtunity for Nink to get hurt!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Goal line offense:
    [QUOTE] How critical to this offense is Woodhead? He is too small to block well, is an average runner and isn't that reliable catching passes, especially down by the goal line. Vareen needs to get more reps.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a more explosive player on the Pats with the ball in his hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE] How critical to this offense is Woodhead? He is too small to block well, is an average runner and isn't that reliable catching passes, especially down by the goal line. Vareen needs to get more reps.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

I think he's a reasonably solid player for us, not as good as he showed last year, but pretty solid. I think they should use him better - screens - I mean they should have screen passes set up for him all over the place.

I agree Vareen needs to get more reps though, but I was kind of hoping it would be as a lead back (although he's probably too small). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goal line offense : I think he's a reasonably solid player for us, not as good as he showed last year, but pretty solid. I think they should use him better - screens - I mean they should have screen passes set up for him all over the place. I agree Vareen needs to get more reps though, but I was kind of hoping it would be as a lead back (although he's probably too small). 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see him get some reps at lead back also. I don't think he's too small, and the stereotypical 6'2 230lb back looks like its been evolving over the years as smaller backs are consistently leading rushers. Guys Vereens size or smaller are Rice, Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, Murray, Ben Tate, McCoy etc. So I think it's a possibility, hopefully.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like to see more screens with Woodhead as well; one of the most agile backs I've ever seen.  I also agree that there's no reason Vereen couldn't be a featured back.  Really looking forward to seeing how the Ridley/Vereen thing plays out.  Are they competitors for featured back? Complementary to each other.  Like the options going forward though.

With respect to the original quesiton, I also agree that with Gronk and Hernandez no real need to use Ninko in this role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Ninko has played on the goalline as well as fletcher

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Needless with Gronk and Hernandez Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

The truth.

Wouldn't hurt to line up with a tackle eligible though to give the defense more to be concerned with.