God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

"...Pats are My boys!"

<<Contrarian and WesternOregon completely confounded...now looking at Buddism/Islam/Scientology as the new answer to winning football />>

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

I like Tim, and I thought he handled the loss as well as he could, and played a good game.  I was tired of the circus, and now maybe it will calm down.  MAYBE.  But CC will not change, he's just crowing about his pick of KC over GB.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow...":
    I like Tim, and I thought he handled the loss as well as he could, and played a good game.  I was tired of the circus, and now maybe it will calm down.  MAYBE.  But CC will not change, he's just crowing about his pick of KC over GB.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I like Tebow, too, but the hype has been obnoxious, and the whole Tebow-as-God's-anointed is an insult to the many other men of faith who ply their trade quietly and without fanfare.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : I like Tebow, too, but the hype has been obnoxious, and the whole Tebow-as-God's-anointed is an insult to the many other men of faith who ply their trade quietly and without fanfare.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Compounded by all the Tebow Trolls here.  Maybe they will shut up, but I know for sure in CCs case, he will just find some other way to insult the Patriots.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

DO NOT BLAME TEBOW IT IS THE MEDIA WHO HAVE TAKEN UP THE TORCH AND LIT THE FIRE UNDER TEBOW.
    TEBOW HAS ONLY SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH WHEN ASKED BY THE MEDIA.
     HE HAS NOT FORCED IT UPON ANYONE.
    JUST BECAUSE HE "TEBOWS" WHICH SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE AFTER A TD AND MANY DO AFTER AND BEFORE A GAME (KNEELAND PRAY).
    THE MEDIA WENT NUTS ABOUT IT.

HE IS A MISSIONARY'S SON AND HAS SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH IN THE CORRECT VENUES LIKE CHURCHES AND RETREATS AND SEMINARS. NOT AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR IN THE LOCKER

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Great day to be a pats fan. How dare you watery fans doubt Brady and the Patriots over that "QB" just because he talks about God all the time. You don't deserve success. I hope your faces are red, enjoy supporting the Broncos the Patriots don't want you anymore!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

DO NOT BLAME TEBOW IT IS THE MEDIA WHO HAVE TAKEN UP THE TORCH AND LIT THE FIRE UNDER TEBOW. TEBOW HAS ONLY SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH WHEN ASKED BY THE MEDIA.  HE HAS NOT FORCED IT UPON ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE HE "TEBOWS" WHICH SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE AFTER A TD AND MANY DO AFTER AND BEFORE A GAME (KNEELAND PRAY). THE MEDIA WENT NUTS ABOUT IT. HE IS A MISSIONARY'S SON AND HAS SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH IN THE CORRECT VENUES LIKE CHURCHES AND RETREATS AND SEMINARS. NOT AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR IN THE LOCKER
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Really?

Since you're from Florida, Jim, did you actually see any of his games at Florida, when the whole Tebow-Jesus thing began...when he wore scripture verses in his eyeblack during every game?

There are many Christians in the NFL what you would never know were Christian, unless you knew them personally. I know Tebow is a Christian because he publicized it so heavily.

Still, as I said earlier, I like the kid. I think he's a really good football player, but I wouldn't him as my quarterback.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : I like Tebow, too, but the hype has been obnoxious, and the whole Tebow-as-God's-anointed is an insult to the many other men of faith who ply their trade quietly and without fanfare.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

As I keep saying, when did Tebow ask for the hype?  Tebow is the only person who does not talk about Tebow.  I am a Pats fan but also a Tebow fan and felt today showed how far he has come this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Really? Since you're from Florida, Jim, did you actually see any of his games at Florida, when the whole Tebow-Jesus thing began...when he wore scripture verses in his eyeblack during every game? There are many Christians in the NFL what you would never know were Christian, unless you knew them personally. I know Tebow is a Christian because he publicized it so heavily. Still, as I said earlier, I like the kid. I think he's a really good football player, but I wouldn't him as my quarterback.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

So the fact that Tebow chooses to accept his responsibility to spread the Gospel through his life and actions and others do not is a reason to vilify him? He professes nothing but his own faith. He has not claimed any special 'help' or privilege because of his Christianity. Others here are right in the fact that it has been the media's handling of the situation that has made it obnoxious. All Tebow has been is honest.
    Whether I like him as a player, QB or person, I admire him for standing true to his convictions. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : As I keep saying, when did Tebow ask for the hype?  Tebow is the only person who does not talk about Tebow.  I am a Pats fan but also a Tebow fan and felt today showed how far he has come this season.
    Posted by BoylestonBB

Bingo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

DO NOT BLAME TEBOW IT IS THE MEDIA WHO HAVE TAKEN UP THE TORCH AND LIT THE FIRE UNDER TEBOW. TEBOW HAS ONLY SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH WHEN ASKED BY THE MEDIA.  HE HAS NOT FORCED IT UPON ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE HE "TEBOWS" WHICH SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE AFTER A TD AND MANY DO AFTER AND BEFORE A GAME (KNEELAND PRAY). THE MEDIA WENT NUTS ABOUT IT. HE IS A MISSIONARY'S SON AND HAS SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH IN THE CORRECT VENUES LIKE CHURCHES AND RETREATS AND SEMINARS. NOT AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR IN THE LOCKER
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS IN ALL CAPS.  IT REALLY HELPS TO MAKE YOUR POINT, AND MOST OF US WOULD PAY ZERO ATTENTION TO YOU IF IT DIDN'T DO IT.  IT'S NOT ANNOYING OR ANYTHING.  I THINK I'LL ONE-UP YOU BY GOING BOLD.  IT HAS BEEN AN ANNOYING WEEK AND IF YOU CAN READ, WE SAID WE ARE SICK OF THE MEDIA BLOW UP OF TEBOW, SOME OF US SAID WE DIDN'T THINK HE WAS A BAD GUY.  THE TYPE OF POST YOU PUT UP IS ONE IF THE THINGS I'M SICK OF.   I KNOW WHO HE IS, I DIDN'T NEED YOUR POINTLESS POST ABOUT IT.  I DON'T LIKE FLORIDA EITHER, ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE ME A BROCHURE?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : THANKS FOR POSTING THIS IN ALL CAPS.  IT REALLY HELPS TO MAKE YOUR POINT, AND MOST OF US WOULD PAY ZERO ATTENTION TO YOU IF IT DIDN'T DO IT.  IT'S NOT ANNOYING OR ANYTHING.  I THINK I'LL ONE-UP YOU BY GOING BOLD.   IT HAS BEEN AN ANNOYING WEEK AND IF YOU CAN READ, WE SAID WE ARE SICK OF THE MEDIA BLOW UP OF TEBOW, SOME OF US SAID WE DIDN'T THINK HE WAS A BAD GUY.  THE TYPE OF POST YOU PUT UP IS ONE IF THE THINGS I'M SICK OF.   I KNOW WHO HE IS, I DIDN'T NEED YOUR POINTLESS POST ABOUT IT.  I DON'T LIKE FLORIDA EITHER, ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE ME A BROCHURE?
    Posted by Davedsone[/]

Bingo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Why is everyone talking about Tebow and no one mentioning Cam Newton?  Newton really should be the bigger story, no?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : So the fact that Tebow chooses to accept his responsibility to spread the Gospel through his life and actions and others do not is a reason to vilify him? He professes nothing but his own faith. He has not claimed any special 'help' or privilege because of his Christianity. Others here are right in the fact that it has been the media's handling of the situation that has made it obnoxious. All Tebow has been is honest. Whether I like him as a player, QB or person, I admire him for standing true to his convictions. 
    Posted by markes8336

Sorry, but lots of people spread the Gospel without making a spectacle of themselves.

At your job, do people kneel down in the conference room every time they make a good presentation? If Muslim players broke out a rug on the 50-yard line and prayed towards Mecca, would fans be so accepting?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

There are many born again christians in the NFL that have displayed their faiths in Jesus, including some of the Patriots during the Superbowl run (I remember Adam Vinatari sharing his faith as a born-again christian during a tv interview). However the media does tend to hype up the Tebow-faith- in-Jesus wave.

Tebow is a true soldier of Christ and give God all the glory after each win and each loss. He gets more of publicity becuase he is a historic Heisman winner turned pro and is getting the fame like the way Brady did when he was first a starter for the Pats.

Tebow gets the publicity (thanks to the media) but it is God who gets all the Glory.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: God says...

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Sorry, but lots of people spread the Gospel without making a spectacle of themselves. At your job, do people kneel down in the conference room every time they make a good presentation? If Muslim players broke out a rug on the 50-yard line and prayed towards Mecca, would fans be so accepting?
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

...seems YOU have an issue. Whether it is with the Gospel, the Son, the QB, the media, other followers or just the state of the world; your angst is apparent. 

Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.

Merry Christmas NY-Pats-Fan4

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

There are many born again christians in the NFL that have displayed their faiths in Jesus, including some of the Patriots during the Superbowl run (I remember Adam Vinatari sharing his faith as a born-again christian during a tv interview). However the media does tend to hype up the Tebow-faith- in-Jesus wave. Tebow is a true soldier of Christ and give God all the glory after each win and each loss. He gets more of publicity becuase he is a historic Heisman winner turned pro and is getting the fame like the way Brady did when he was first a starter for the Pats. Tebow gets the publicity (thanks to the media) but it is God who gets all the Glory.
    Posted by rman0909

Amen, and well said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

There are many born again christians in the NFL that have displayed their faiths in Jesus, including some of the Patriots during the Superbowl run (I remember Adam Vinatari sharing his faith as a born-again christian during a tv interview). However the media does tend to hype up the Tebow-faith- in-Jesus wave. Tebow is a true soldier of Christ and give God all the glory after each win and each loss. He gets more of publicity becuase he is a historic Heisman winner turned pro and is getting the fame like the way Brady did when he was first a starter for the Pats. Tebow gets the publicity (thanks to the media) but it is God who gets all the Glory.
    Posted by rman0909

Good post.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: God says...:
    In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : ...seems YOU have an issue. Whether it is with the Gospel, the Son, the QB, the media, other followers or just the state of the world; your angst is apparent.  Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests. Merry Christmas NY-Pats-Fan4
    Posted by WesternOregon

I have already accepted the Good News. I do not accept one person becoming the poster boy of the Good News. Neither should you; that is how cults are formed.

Some here, including yourself, say he didn't ask for it. I believe he sought the publicity. I don't think that makes him a bad person. I think the mania surrounding him is unwarranted, and unfair to the many who love their Lord every bit as much as Tebow. And the argument spread by some, like yourself, who have suggested that Tebow wins because of his faith, when there are many faithful men on the other team, I find patently ridiculous. It suggests that God loves Tebow more than He loves the Christians on the other team. Even more ridiculously, it suggests that God cares about the outcome of football games.

That, above, is the entirety of how I feel. If you see angst in my words, the angst must already be in you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: God says...:
    In Response to Re: God says... : I have already accepted the Good News. I do not accept one person becoming the poster boy of the Good News. Neither should you; that is how cults are formed. Some here, including yourself, say he didn't ask for it. I believe he sought the publicity. I don't think that makes him a bad person. I think the mania surrounding him is unwarranted, and unfair to the many who love their Lord every bit as much as Tebow. And the argument spread by some, like yourself, who have suggested that Tebow wins because of his faith, when there are many faithful men on the other team, I find patently ridiculous. It suggests that God loves Tebow more than He loves the Christians on the other team. Even more ridiculously, it suggests that God cares about the outcome of football games. That, above, is the entirety of how I feel. If you see angst in my words, the angst must already be in you.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

I'm not going to "argue" or "debate"...take a chill pill bro...Marry Christmas. You're reading WAY too much into it all...sheeesh. If you believe I've stated Tebow wins because of his faith you misrepresent me. I don't think nor communicate that for a second.
    What I've said all along is we all have our own relationship with Christ. It would seem you have great angst.

Not sure why...not sure I care to discuss.

Good night...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

Have no hate against Tebow, actually breath of fresh air with all these spoiled athletes. He plays hard and wants to win for his team, cant hate that.
    Posted by bobbysu

Well said bobbysu. It is the media creating all the hype. Let the kid play. I agree with another poster, he would make a great TE.

Sections
Shortcuts