God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow...":
    In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : So you think his faith is harmless?  What about the part wherein Tebow professed that Jews don't go to Heaven because they don't worship the way his god wants them to worship? Kraft is a very classy guy, we can all agree.  Classiest owner in all sports, right?  He said last week, to paraphrase, "Tebow is a nice, young man.  But the Patriots are gong to bring him back down to Earth this week."  Why do you think craft said something like that, so out of character for him to do so publicly? Maybe because his amazingly good and kind wife - who was Jewish - just passed, and he knows that Tebow made that idiotic, bigoted statement? And FYI, for about two year, ages 7-8, I was a Born Again, pushed by my kind-but-misguided gramps.  I did the tent revivals.  I did the Pentecostal churches. I did the prison churches. I saw the arena sermons.  All for about three or four years.  I heard and witnessed "speaking in tongues" (what a joke!).  I will never forget when I heard at a Better Businessmen's Breakfast at a Green Airport hotel function room, "Give up you heart!  Give up your soul!  Give up your MIND TO JESUS," while a hairy-armed, 40ish, cult minion dug his claws into my 10-year-old arm and literally tried to drag me to the stage for a baptismal.   Those are Tebow's people and I am not fooled by his antics.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

In what way is TT's statement that Jews will not go to heaven bigoted? Rather bigoted of you to say, using your definition of the word.

As far as your stereotype of all Christians; it is little different than saying "all blacks are criminals".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : In what way is TT's statement that Jews will not go to heaven bigoted? Rather bigoted of you to say, using your definition of the word. As far as your stereotype of all Christians; it is little different than saying "all blacks are criminals".
    Posted by BabeParilli

It is the definition of bigoted: "All those people are damned because they are different from me.  Their beliefs are wrong and mine are right.  They are not as good as me.  I am going to heaven.  They are gong to purgatory."

Don't confuse Tebow's brand of Christianity with other forms of it.  I have been a part of it.  I have been up close to it.  Beneath the shiny, happy veneer, it is hateful, bigoted, controlling and mean-spirited.

For you to portray me as the bigot when I state the facts of Tebow's beliefs and statements of bigotry, is analogous to you denouncing me as a bigot for me saying that klansmen are bigots for their persecution of minorities and non-Christians.

P.S.  - People have written that Tebow should not be considered offensive, "Hey, he prays for the inured rival player.  What could be wrong with that?"  

Well, maybe it was fine.  But I have witnessed and also been subject to many Evangelists forcing their prayers on me or others, without permission.  It is just as likely that Tebow started praying on Carter without consent as it is that he was first granted by Carter that it was alright to do so.  We don't know which happened.  In the Evangelical's mind, there is no reason why he should not be allowed to pray on somebody for healing, whether they want it or not.  They don't ask, "May I pray for you to be healed?"  They state, "I am going to put my hand on you and pray for Jesus to heal you."  Very pushy.  Part of their M.O. Again, been there, done that.  You can take it to the bank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : It is the defintion of bigoted: "All those people are damned because they are different from me.  Their beliefs are wrong and mine are right.  They are not as good as me.  I am going to heaven.  They are gong to purgatory." Don't confuse Tebow's brand of Christianity with other forms of it.  I have been a part of it.  I have been up close to it.  Beneath the shiney, happy veneer, it is hateful, bigoted, controlling and mean-spirited. P.S.  - People have written that Tebow should not be considered offensive, "Hey, he prays for the inured rival player.  What could be wrong with that?"   Well, maybe it was fine.  But I have witnessed and also been subject to many Evangelists forcing their prayers on me or others, without permission.  It is just as likely that Tebow started praying on Carter without consent as it is that he was first granted by Carter that it was alright to do so.  We don't know which happened.  In the Evangelical's mind, there is no reason why he should not be allowed to pray on somebody for healing, whether they want it or not.  They don't ask, "May I pray for you to be healed?"  THey state, "I am gong to put my hand on you and pray for Jesus to heal you."  Very pushy.  Part of their M.O. Again, been there, done that.  You can take it to the bank.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

First, you need to look up the word bigot. You will find it is describing you just as much as it describes him in its lesser sense and not applicable at all in its truest sense.

From atheists to Muslims to Jews to your local witch doctor; they all think they're right. It doesn't make them a bigot to see things that way. The subject is too subjective for the term to apply.

Certainly there are those of every persuasion that go too far in their quest to make others think as they do. To paint any of them with the same broad brush is a loathsome endeavor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Here is the problem with your point: Some forms of religion are extremely dogamtic and it is easy to pigeonhole them.  Puritans, Shakers, Pentecostals, Orthodox Jews, Fundementalists, Amish - all adhere to rigid, strictly conformist dogma, for examples.  You know exactly where they stand/stood.  

Deists, humanists, Unitarians, Reform Jews, Methodists, Buddists, etc. have comparitively loosely laid guidelines.  You can't make sweeping statements about their beliefs aside from stating that they are neither uniform nor rigid.

And like I said, I was on the "inside" of Tebow's form of religion.  If you haven't been there, and left, then you just don't know that of which you opine.  It isn't like anything you will see in a Lutheran church, believe it. And if you are there in Tebow's form of faith and remain there, you certainly have your own biased reason to defend it.  The stereotypical depictions you see portrayed in Hollywood films, like Saved!, are spot-on.

Or maybe you are just picking a fight, regradless of content, as you are known often do here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here is the problem with your point: Some forms of religion are extremely dogamtic and it is easy to pigeonhole them.  Puritans, Shakers, Pentecostals, Orthodox Jews, Fundementalists, Amish - all adhere to rigid, strictly conformist dogma, for examples.  You know exactly where they stand/stood.   Deists, humanists, Unitarians, Reform Jews, Methodists, Buddists, etc. have comparitively loosely laid guidelines.  You can't make sweeping statements about their beliefs aside from stating that they are not uniform nor rigid. And like I said, I was on the "inside" of Tebow's form of religion.  If you haven't been there, and left, then you just don't know that of which you opine.  It isn't like anything you will see in a Lutheran church, believe it. And if you are there in Tebow's form of faith and remain there, you certainly have your own biased reason to defend it.  The stereotypical depictions you see portrayed in Hollywood films are spot-on. Or maybe you are just picking a fight, regradless of content, as you are known often do here.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I don't pick fights. I simply tell people when they are FOS and they rankle at the exposure.

I am not an adherent to TT's flavor of Christianity and have stated I think he is wrong to force his views into the situations he does. Frankly, I find religions in general to be FOS. Yet painting every Baptist as a foaming at the mouth proselytizer is something I wouldn't do either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : I don't pick fights. I simply tell people when they are FOS and they rankle at the exposure. I am not an adherent to TT's flavor of Christianity and have stated I think he is wrong to force his views into the situations he does. Frankly, I find religions in general to be FOS. Yet painting every Baptist as a foaming at the mouth proselytizer is something I wouldn't do either.
    Posted by BabeParilli

See babe...  There's always gonna be an issue with the plumbing when a person openly purports to maintain a "No B#llsh#t Clause" in their everyday affairs...yet, the very instant they begin discussing the finer details of their unbiased, objective & crystal clear guiding principles in person, They just keep on chit-chattin' away...totally oblivious themselves, and fully believing the person that they're talking to- Doesn't make note the fountain geiser of cascading b#llsh#t streaming outta your own ears... 

~On seperate note now...  Imo, it's a nice & refreshing change to see the outcome of a STRING oof games this week, decided a bit more, by the actual players on the field, Rather than Roger Goodell, Jesus, and ESPN New York.  2 thumbs up!  Laughing  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : See babe...  There's always gonna be an issue with the plumbing when a person openly purports to maintain a "No B#llsh#t Clause" in their everyday affairs...yet, the very instant they begin discussing the finer details of their unbiased, objective & crystal clear guiding principles in person, They just keep on chit-chattin' away...totally oblivious themselves, and fully believing the person that they're talking to- Doesn't make note the fountain geiser of cascading b#llsh#t streaming outta your own ears...  ~On seperate note now...  Imo, it's a nice & refreshing change to see the outcome of a STRING oof games this week, decided a bit more, by the actual players on the field, Rather than Roger Goodell, Jesus, and ESPN New York.  2 thumbs up!    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I thought Tebow actually had a decent game. His completion percentage was good until the end when he had to throw more. I still think he can be a starting NFL QB. Have you seen QB play in the league this year there are the elite: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, the pretty good: Romo, E. Manning, Vick, etc. , but outside of ten or so guys it a pretty poor.

I honestly, could care less about the religious stuff (personally, I was raised Catholic, but no longer practice). I just do not know how we got to a point where Tebow kneeling in the endzone and praying is more offensive than Aaron Hernandez celebrating by pretending he is a strip club "making it rain".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

Tebow will be a TE next year.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

That position may be more appropriate then his current choice: the missionary position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: God says,

In Response to Re: God says,:
    In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : I thought he was a superb runner.   But he is the horrible QB most thought.  On almost every completed pass (and many runs), there was the most ridiculous holding by the Broncos - starting right in the first three plays, including the bear hug on Andre Carter that allowed Tebow to convert the first of his third downs.  Take away that insane holding and he gets sacked/intercepted/off bad throw many times more in this game. As it is, I thought he looked below average.  Two fumbles, multiple sacks (one of the worst sacks we have seen in the NFL in years). I will give him credit for a few -a few - laser throws into coverage (which even bad QBs make in every game), and for being able to read the D better than most average QBs.  But that's it. Based on what I saw in two games this year, he is pretty much only as good as the officials make him.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I hate when people complain about the holding and penalties that they think is only happening to their team. There was a play in the Patriots game that Ocho basically tackled a DB downfield while blocking and it went uncalled. I swear that if you watch every down of an NFL game there is pass interference (either offensive or defensive) on every pass play and holding on every snap in NFL games.

He lost one fumble (so the second is immaterial). The horrible sack was fourth in a situation where anything other than a first down was going to end the game so he tried to make something happen. I give him credit for not giving up. The yards did not matter so throwing the ball away would not have helped.

I thought he looked like I expected. The way the Patriots offense was clicking yesterday, the Broncos needed to score on basically every possession to stay in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

When you actually look at who the Broncos beat during this run, you realize nothing they did what particularly impressive.  The much hyped defense got lit up by Christian Ponder, with A.P. NOT playing and had their strong games against the likes of NYJ, KC and Caleb Hanie's Bears.

It was a good win for the Pats and Denver was a hot team but I don't view the Broncos as a truly "quality" opponent.  Although this year in the NFL, especially the AFC, there is a serious shortage of "quality" teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: God says...

In Response to Re: God says...:
    In Response to Re: God says... : Not reading anything into it except your words, both past and present.  It's funny how you say you don't want to argue or debate, and yet all the argumentative, debating words seem to emanate from you. This is not all bad; your spirit knows truth when it hears it. And, deep down,  it knows that all this publicity being heaped on one young man--and the maniacal following that it has created--is spiritually unhealthy, and not good for anyone. Yes, all glory should be for God, but far too much of it is being heaped on Tebow. Whom has he saved that it should be thus? A person's faith ought be a quiet thing, like the still small voice, itself. It ought be shared with those selected with a heart to listen, not advertised to the masses in ways that draw attention to self. It is fine that Tim Tebow loves the Lord, as billions do, but public spectacles of that love teach the unwise and unknowing that God is seeking public spectacle from believers...when His expressed will is exactly the opposite. You will not debate with me, because you have nothing to debate. It is easier to walk away than to defend an indefensible position; easier to call a person "angst-ridden," though his words directed at you were simple, pure and true. I bid you a good night, as well, and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

If you think this, it is your belief. Some are given the GIFT to openly and IN PUBLIC witness to God. Tim Tebow's dad prayed for Timmy as a pastor, minister and evangelist well before Tim was born. How's the saying go? Be careful what you ask for, you may get it. This is Tim Tebow's platform. Realize this NY-PATS-FAN4, some will come to the Lord because of Tim Tebow. Imagine...just imagine. All because of Christmas, we have a saviour. So be careful to not judge a brother in Christ. Put down your angst toward me and him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Very funny! Amazed at some of the witty things posters come up with on this board!In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow...":
    In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Thank you. Whatever other debates may rage about whether Tebow ought to be an NFL qb or how he practices his faith, he has impressed me as uniformly classey, humble, and honest. In today's world, that's nothing to sneeze at.
    Posted by pschuller

Sections
Shortcuts