God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..."

In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow...":
    [QUOTE]Tebow will quietly go away now along with all his christian followers.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Sorry, but lots of people spread the Gospel without making a spectacle of themselves. At your job, do people kneel down in the conference room every time they make a good presentation? If Muslim players broke out a rug on the 50-yard line and prayed towards Mecca, would fans be so accepting?
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Interesting post NY-PATS-FAN4

What amuses me on this forum is there are still 3 posts with God/Bible in the OPS headings. I won't comment on them much, if at all now but you mentioned Muslims/players.

The Muslims/players don't mind about the Tebowmania thrills at all because the Muslims DO Believe in Christ.

They place HIM as a prophet just below Mohammed himself. Their Arab forefathers actually witnessed the Crucifixtion, the resurrected Christ, HIS preaching...all of it, even the Virgin Birth. They also believe in HIS second coming and are actually waiting on HIM, however waiting for reasons other than Christians. They actually worship him (not as God) but the one sent by God but below their main prophet Muhammed (not God Either). It's written in their history. They do'nt mind Tebowmania at all!

Yes, I find it also interesting that the Wars between the Christians and Muslims in Centuries past were fought over the MAIN God. Long story on that! Nevertheless explainable in a sad way! The wars between Demoshytes and Republicraps would be a closest comparison in modern day terms. eg; MANmade!

Have a good and healthy all....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: God says...

In Response to Re: God says...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says... : I'm not going to "argue" or "debate"...take a chill pill bro...Marry Christmas. You're reading WAY too much into it all...sheeesh. If you believe I've stated Tebow wins because of his faith you misrepresent me. I don't think nor communicate that for a second. What I've said all along is we all have our own relationship with Christ. It would seem you have great angst. Not sure why...not sure I care to discuss. Good night...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Not reading anything into it except your words, both past and present. 

It's funny how you say you don't want to argue or debate, and yet all the argumentative, debating words seem to emanate from you.

This is not all bad; your spirit knows truth when it hears it. And, deep down,  it knows that all this publicity being heaped on one young man--and the maniacal following that it has created--is spiritually unhealthy, and not good for anyone. Yes, all glory should be for God, but far too much of it is being heaped on Tebow. Whom has he saved that it should be thus?

A person's faith ought be a quiet thing, like the still small voice, itself. It ought be shared with those selected with a heart to listen, not advertised to the masses in ways that draw attention to self. It is fine that Tim Tebow loves the Lord, as billions do, but public spectacles of that love teach the unwise and unknowing that God is seeking public spectacle from believers...when His expressed will is exactly the opposite.

You will not debate with me, because you have nothing to debate. It is easier to walk away than to defend an indefensible position; easier to call a person "angst-ridden," though his words directed at you were simple, pure and true.

I bid you a good night, as well, and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Interesting post NY-PATS-FAN4 What amuses me on this forum is there are still 3 posts with God/Bible in the OPS headings. I won't comment on them much, if at all now but you mentioned Muslims/players. The Muslims/players don't mind about the Tebowmania thrills at all because the Muslims DO Believe in Christ.   They place HIM as a prophet just below Mohammed himself. Their Arab forefathers actually witnessed the Crucifixtion, the resurrected Christ, HIS preaching...all of it, even the Virgin Birth. They also believe in HIS second coming and are actually waiting on HIM, however waiting for reasons other than Christians. They actually worship him (not as God) but below their main prophet Muhammed (not God Either). It's written in their history. They do'nt mind Tebowmania at all! Have a good and healthy all....
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

Interesting post, palookaski, thanks.

But how do you think Tebowite fans would react if Muslim players pulled out their prayer rugs on the sidelines of games, and prayed to Mecca? Do you think they would be as welcoming and supportive?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I'm a big Tebow fan just not against my beloved Pats! That being said I don't see Tebow in this league in 2 years! Nice guy below average NFL QB-enough said.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Interesting post, palookaski, thanks. But how do you think Tebowite fans would react if Muslim players pulled out their prayer rugs on the sidelines of games, and prayed to Mecca? Do you think they would be as welcoming and supportive?

That question depends on the person(s). I think there would be an outcry from many or most. But the media would surely love that sort of story and sell news with it as they are doing now with Tebowmania. I laugh when I say this but when Tebow had a press conference this past week - full of reporters - he ended up saying to them 'GOD Bless You'! There were many GROANS from the reporters over that one...hahahahhaa.  What does that tell you? My point is, IF THAT HAPPENED the media will let Muslims alone and come down on the Christians for doing so.

Many Christians themselves do not understand what Salvation really is and thats the sad part. True Christians do NOT condemn others. Salvation is easy, it's a FREE GIFT Eph 2: 8-9. Accept or do'nt. God speaks to your Heart not your Mind and the heart changes for the better in all walks of life in how we treat and help others etc. Simple but long story!

have a good evening all ...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For a minute there I expected Carter to jump up after Tebow tried to heal him.

All joking aside, pretty classy of Tebow.  I don't get all the hate on this guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]For a minute there I expected Carter to jump up after Tebow tried to heal him. All joking aside, pretty classy of Tebow.  I don't get all the hate on this guy.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh....again .... Perfect fit for Tebow....no kidding, I'm developing a Software program that will reveal messages in a photo. If zooming in on a certain part of the photo if you zoom-in on any item like a helmut, shoe, hand etc. then the pixels are broken down and a message can be read but not by the naked eye. Sort of EYE SPY! I can see it now in the hand of Tebow, 'Rise up good man you only did your job, I forgive you' !

have a good and healthy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : Interesting post, palookaski, thanks. But how do you think Tebowite fans would react if Muslim players pulled out their prayer rugs on the sidelines of games, and prayed to Mecca? Do you think they would be as welcoming and supportive?

Given the way some fundamentalist Christians reacted to the TV show "All American Muslim" I don't have high hopes for their tolerance.  Personally, I doubt Tebow would be so small minded (he seems like a decent person, though I find his constant public professions of his faith a bit silly and tiresome).  I do wonder about some of his fundamentalist Christian admirers though .  .  . many of them strike me as excessively intolerant.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever.  He played a decent game, but they just run a version of the wildcat.  And, like the wildcat, once you get it figured, it's no big deal.  It was their blocking schemes that seemed to be the problem, NOT the QB or RB.  It's like our guys were just getting pushed aside in that first quarter.  After the adjustment, pretty good.  Some good throws by Tebow, but it seemed whenever they needed for than 10 yards they tried to hit for 30.  Odd choices there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I still remember that shot of him right after Brady just scored the first time, priceless

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]DO NOT BLAME TEBOW IT IS THE MEDIA WHO HAVE TAKEN UP THE TORCH AND LIT THE FIRE UNDER TEBOW. TEBOW HAS ONLY SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH WHEN ASKED BY THE MEDIA.  HE HAS NOT FORCED IT UPON ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE HE "TEBOWS" WHICH SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE AFTER A TD AND MANY DO AFTER AND BEFORE A GAME (KNEELAND PRAY). THE MEDIA WENT NUTS ABOUT IT. HE IS A MISSIONARY'S SON AND HAS SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH IN THE CORRECT VENUES LIKE CHURCHES AND RETREATS AND SEMINARS. NOT AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR IN THE LOCKER
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jim,

I agree with you. I can't believe all of the hype and hatred brought on by this QB. All he does iscome out week to week and do his job and is getting better at it when you look at the numbers, see the games on TV that he plays in, etc. Sure he still has lots of room for improvement, but he deserves a lot of credit for ignoring the negative press or using it as fuel to improve. Either way just in most sports stories it is the press that starts it and all too many fans just suck it up like candy to a baby. I wish Tebow well, just not against the Pats.

Hetchinspete 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says... : I'm not going to "argue" or "debate"...take a chill pill bro...Marry Christmas. You're reading WAY too much into it all...sheeesh. If you believe I've stated Tebow wins because of his faith you misrepresent me. I don't think nor communicate that for a second. What I've said all along is we all have our own relationship with Christ. It would seem you have great angst. Not sure why...not sure I care to discuss. Good night...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

WesternOregon,

We all have our faith but please do not assume "we" all have our own relationship with Christ as that puts everyone on the Earth within the Christian faith. I'm of a faith that was around well before Christ and of which Christ was before his teachings bore a new religion and I've no relationship with him although I've respect for his teachings. Please realize there are many other religions on this large planet of which Christianity is just one and have respect for those of other religions.

Sorry everyone for this post as I do not like to preach religion or politics within this forum.

Hetchinspete.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to God says, "To hell with Tebow...":
    [QUOTE]"...Pats are My boys!" <<Contrarian and WesternOregon completely confounded...now looking at Buddism/Islam/Scientology as the new answer to winning football /> />

God said no such thing. But, the Patriots' "D" did, after the first quarter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Tebow's TEAM won seven in a row and God had nothing to do with that.  In addition, Tebow's TEAM lost yesterday and God had nothing do with that either.  As an evangelical Christian he is witnessing for his faith...  It's part of the program for evangelicals.  Good for him.  However the winning and the losing has more to do with football fundamentals than it does with religion.  Again, it is the media driven NFL hype that causes stories like these to come to the fore, not Tebow or anyone else.  Tebow is just doing what comes natural for him.  If you like it, enjoy.  If you dislike it, too bad.  If you are indifferent, like me, ignore it and the Patriots will make it go away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : I like Tebow, too, but the hype has been obnoxious, and the whole Tebow-as-God's-anointed is an insult to the many other men of faith who ply their trade quietly and without fanfare.

Thank you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: God says,

[QUOTE]I like Tim, and I thought he handled the loss as well as he could, and played a good game.  I was tired of the circus, and now maybe it will calm down.  MAYBE.  But CC will not change, he's just crowing about his pick of KC over GB.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I thought he was a superb runner.  

But he is the horrible QB most thought.  On almost every completed pass (and many runs), there was the most ridiculous holding by the Broncos - starting right in the first three plays, including the bear hug on Andre Carter that allowed Tebow to convert the first of his third downs.  Take away that insane holding and he gets sacked/intercepted/off bad throw many times more in this game.

As it is, I thought he looked below average.  Two fumbles, multiple sacks (one of the worst sacks we have seen in the NFL in years).

I will give him credit for a few -a few - laser throws into coverage (which even bad QBs make in every game), and for being able to read the D better than most average QBs.  But that's it. Based on what I saw in two games this year, he is pretty much only as good as the officials make him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says... : WesternOregon, We all have our faith but please do not assume "we" all have our own relationship with Christ as that puts everyone on the Earth within the Christian faith. I'm of a faith that was around well before Christ and of which Christ was before his teachings bore a new religion and I've no relationship with him although I've respect for his teachings. Please realize there are many other religions on this large planet of which Christianity is just one and have respect for those of other religions. Sorry everyone for this post as I do not like to preach religion or politics within this forum. Hetchinspete.  
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

You're fine. When it comes to this sort of thing, most people assume too much and don't think enough. Perhaps the whole hype around Tebow will provide folks with an opportunity to think a little more before they speak/write. Though I am a Christian, I don't take the same approach as Tebow, though I respect him for what he does. My biggest problem with any religious practice is when it is accompanied by hypocrisy, but it seems to me Tebow has a great deal of integrity and humility in his approach. And of course, none of this has anything to do with football, except the coincidence that Tebow is a football player. The media is mostly to blame in this whole affair, because instead of talking about how technically competent he is as a thrower or what type of religious practice he follows, they should be discussing what an effective leader he is and how uncanny he is at getting his team to win, when there is some possibility (i.e. not yesterday when the Pats were too much for them).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]There are many born again christians in the NFL that have displayed their faiths in Jesus, including some of the Patriots during the Superbowl run (I remember Adam Vinatari sharing his faith as a born-again christian during a tv interview). However the media does tend to hype up the Tebow-faith- in-Jesus wave. Tebow is a true soldier of Christ and give God all the glory after each win and each loss. He gets more of publicity becuase he is a historic Heisman winner turned pro and is getting the fame like the way Brady did when he was first a starter for the Pats. Tebow gets the publicity (thanks to the media) but it is God who gets all the Glory.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

You will never convince me that God cares about winning football, if that is what you mean by "Glory". If not, I would be interested in hearing what it is that athletes do to give God "all the Glory". Thanks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]DO NOT BLAME TEBOW IT IS THE MEDIA WHO HAVE TAKEN UP THE TORCH AND LIT THE FIRE UNDER TEBOW. TEBOW HAS ONLY SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH WHEN ASKED BY THE MEDIA.  HE HAS NOT FORCED IT UPON ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE HE "TEBOWS" WHICH SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE AFTER A TD AND MANY DO AFTER AND BEFORE A GAME (KNEELAND PRAY). THE MEDIA WENT NUTS ABOUT IT. HE IS A MISSIONARY'S SON AND HAS SPOKEN ABOUT HIS FAITH IN THE CORRECT VENUES LIKE CHURCHES AND RETREATS AND SEMINARS. NOT AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR IN THE LOCKER
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that is balderdash.  Just on Friday I heard a clip of Tebow being asked how he has progressed this season over last season.  Instead of Tebow addressing the question as it pertained to his QB skills, as was intended, Tebow talked about how he has progressed in his faith this year. He didn't mention football once in his response.  All he ever does is sell his faith every chance he gets, every time he has a mic and/or camera on him.

OK, so the guy is on a mission, and he is really just using football as a conduit. I would not be surprised if he and his dad planned it this way long, long ago, groomed for this platform from a young age.  But for you to claim that he doesn't bring up his religion at every turn, that it is only the media's fault, is fantasy.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]For a minute there I expected Carter to jump up after Tebow tried to heal him. All joking aside, pretty classy of Tebow.  I don't get all the hate on this guy.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Whatever other debates may rage about whether Tebow ought to be an NFL qb or how he practices his faith, he has impressed me as uniformly classey, humble, and honest. In today's world, that's nothing to sneeze at.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God says, "To hell with Tebow..." : So the fact that Tebow chooses to accept his responsibility to spread the Gospel through his life and actions and others do not is a reason to vilify him? He professes nothing but his own faith. He has not claimed any special 'help' or privilege because of his Christianity. Others here are right in the fact that it has been the media's handling of the situation that has made it obnoxious. All Tebow has been is honest. Whether I like him as a player, QB or person, I admire him for standing true to his convictions. 
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

So you think his faith is harmless?  What about the part wherein Tebow professed that Jews don't go to Heaven because they don't worship the way his god wants them to worship?

Kraft is a very classy guy, we can all agree.  Classiest owner in all sports, right?  He said last week, to paraphrase, "Tebow is a nice, young man.  But the Patriots are going to bring him back down to Earth this week."  Why do you think Kraft said something like that, so out of character for him to do so publicly? Maybe because his amazingly good and kind wife - who was Jewish - just passed, and he knows that Tebow made that idiotic, bigoted statement?

And FYI, for about two year, ages 7-8, I was a Born Again, pushed by my kind-but-misguided gramps.  I did the tent revivals.  I did the Pentecostal churches. I did the prison churches. I saw the arena sermons.  All for about three or four years.  I heard and witnessed "speaking in tongues" (what a joke!). 

I will never forget when I heard at a Better Businessmen's Breakfast at a Green Airport hotel function room, "Give up you heart!  Give up your soul!  Give up your MIND TO JESUS," while a hairy-armed, 40ish, cult minion dug his claws into my 10-year-old arm and literally tried to drag me to the stage for a baptismal.  

Those are Tebow's people and I am not fooled by his antics.