God the Jets are a sad group of people.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: God the Jets are a sad group of people.

I don't really have a problem with fans rallying if that's what they want to do. There's nothing paticularly wrong with the hight school approach, if that's what you think you need. But what this virtually screams out loud -- whether they care to admit it or not -- is that greater New Jersey knows this is their heroes' last game of this campaign.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"Patsman2" will be there with Whodildo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Rally = a chance to sell Jets gear

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Or sell more PSLs at a discount. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Tooo funny Killa.. How do you know when your team is elite.. When you beat a team and the other teams is given a moral victory for keeping it close (see GB Vs pats). Rex's antics are purely to shield his team from getting a lobotomy this Sunday. Now I don't believe any team is 42 points better than any other I do believe the Patriots are 14~17 point favorites over the Jets. But my prediction will be closer because I feel that there will be a call or a lucky bounce or something that goes their way and makes this closer than it should be. Although the outcome will never really be contested. patriots 38 Jets 24..  if somehow the Pats come out hot and get up by 14pts early, it's going to be a ridiculously long day for Rex and Sancheese.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Hooray!!!! The Circus is coming to town.
    This is going to be like watching the Bad News Bears Movie. The Only problem is that in real life, teams like the Bad News Bears never win.

Yup, I heard about the rally too. They had a Fans and former players rally before the Colts game too. I just googled it and the details are still to be announced for this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

They are a sad bunch indeed.  See the link below to a poll thread at the green gang forum.  Seems to me they are not as confident as they post, either here or there. Out of 224 posters doing the poll, only 45 are confident they will win.  The balance of opinion shakes out as toss up to complete defeat.  Check it out.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63296

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: God the Jets are a sad group of people.:
    Hooray!!!! The Circus is coming to town. This is going to be like watching the Bad News Bears Movie. The Only problem is that in real life, teams like the Bad News Bears never win. Yup, I heard about the rally too. They had a Fans and former players rally before the Colts game too. I just googled it and the details are still to be announced for this one.
    Posted by Rerun85

Hmmm------clown.check---elephant.check--side show freak.check

You're right Rex is a circus all by himself!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This one from the "gang green" forum has me in tears:

"1. I heard the coaching staff say that they're going to keep the game plan simple and not get too complicated. Any time the coaching staff tries to get too fancy, we trip over ourselves and lose. Some times, our biggest enemy is "over preparation".

2. Since Rex Ryan became our coach, the Jets are 2-2 vs the Pats. They aren't a machine that we can't stop. We've done it before, we can do it again.

3. The Pats may not lose at home during the regular season, but they sure can during the playoffs. Remember last year?

4. Rex Ryan is 3-1 in the playoffs, with 3 of those wins on the road.

5. More than half of our wins this season came on the road. We are a good road team.

6. Sanchez is becoming clutch. He's brought us back to win in the 4th quarter this year more times than I can remember.

7. The team is hungry for revenge against the Pats from that 45-3 loss earlier. We got humiliated on national tv. Time for payback... "

Or this:

"Weatherford's punts aren't going to go for 12 yards this time. Jets'll show up and give them a game this time. "

Yes, that';s the reason why you lost, Jets rube.

My good god.

How about this one?

"Before the 45-3 drubbing - I firmly believed the Jets were the better overall football team.

Top to bottom, even with the Pats at 14-2 - I still think the Jets are the better football team. I actually think Green Bay, Atlanta, Baltimore and Steelers are better than the Pats.

Regardless of Sunday's outcome- the Pats are not winning the Superbowl this year.

I think Brady is due to come down to earth (a little) and the Jets will win a close one."

Oh my:

"I honestly think we have the better personnel at 75% of the positions, but Brady offsets so much of that. I think our receivers can get open, but we can't have Sanchez killing us for 50% of the game this time."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Reminds me of the 2001 and 2003 seasons when every the playoff teams did not respect them and felt entitled.

Some people simply do not get what it means to be a successful NFL football team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Red Sox fans never did that when travelling to New York.  Perhaps, the Knicks should have a rally before they come to Boston, as well?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Maybe we should cut Gang Green some slack. I was amazed when I read on Sunday that Mark Sanchize is the first quarterback in Jests history to win three (3) playoff games. Should we forgive the denizens of greater New Jersey for having no idea how to act during the playoffs? Aren't these doofuses (or is it doofi?) just bandwagon Jints fans in disguise anyway?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Get some perspective here guys, this is undoubtably one of the biggest games in Jets history. A rally is respectable considering the magnitude of the playoff situation. New England is a #1 seed at the height of the NFL right now.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Barring their '82 AFC Title collapse or the 1997 choke job in Denver, and of course the pasting last month, this is without any doubt of any kind, their biggest game.

They'll tell you they played big playoff games in SD or Pitt recently, or Indy last year,  but let's not kid ourselves.

NE is the preeminent team/franchise in this league, and they need to exercise their demons, especially after proclaiming themselves SB Champs earlier in 2010.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

"Patsman2" will be there with Whodildo.
    Posted by BBReigns

Rusty will be there.  He is the stool/fool that fireman end stands up on when he starts his J-E-T-S chant. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Good thing "Patsman2" only chimes in on the Jets related threads while he's here.

lol

How come you haven't used the "Phat Rex" handle today, Patsman2?  Did you step out of line yesterday using it?

haha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Get some perspective here guys, this is undoubtably one of the biggest games in Jets history. A rally is respectable considering the magnitude of the playoff situation. New England is a #1 seed at the height of the NFL right now.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick

Perhaps, last year's play-off game was more deserving; a bigger game in their history?  I understand what you are pointing at.  However, please understand, Pats fans are simply ribbing them on this one. ;)

Regardless, the Pats go to work tomorrow/Wednesday.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/northeast-snow-storm-not-enough-to-cancel-patriots-wednesday-workout.html

In addition, they got some players back:

www.nesn.com/2011/01/danny-woodhead-dan-koppen-cleared-for-contact-aaron-hernandez-returns-to-practice.html">http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/danny-woodhead-dan-koppen-cleared-for-contact-aaron-hernandez-returns-to-practice.html

Lookout, they're coming ONE WAY!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

A RALLY WEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

This game is big for the Pats, but to the Jets, it's huge. I think you're being a bit of a knucklehead to think this game means nothing more than "just another playoff game" to the Jets and their fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

They can have their rally before they leave New York for their beat down. We'll have our rally after the Super Bowl!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Quick practice update via Reiss:

Cunningham returned to practice.  Pryor did not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Did someone mug you outside the stadium in January of 2008 or what about last year's playoff?

In any case, have a blast. I am jealous. This is one I'd love to be at.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Season tickets for 5 years, yet this is your first playoff game?

2009 season had a playoff game last year at Foxborough, for example.  Did you sell them in 2008 and 2009?

Sections
Shortcuts