Goes to show you what I know

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Goes to show you what I know

-I thought we would see Mallett in both weeks 1 and 2 because the Pats would have comfortable leads 

-I thought Collins would be on the field in dime coverage 

-I thought TWilson played well enough last year and in camp to start the year ahead of Harmon on the depth chart

-I thought Dennard would miss the first 2-4 games with suspension

-I thought to start the season Boyce would have the biggest impact of the 3 rookie WR's

-I never saw Sudfeld as an inline TE taking Gronk snaps, but did think he would be a weapon split out in the Hern role

-I thought Cunningham and Benard were locks for this roster

-I thought Amendola would stay healthy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Re: Goes to show you what I know

In response to rkarp's comment:

-I thought we would see Mallett in both weeks 1 and 2 because the Pats would have comfortable leads 

-I thought TWilson played well enough last year and in camp to start the year ahead of Harmon on the depth chart

-I thought to start the season Boyce would have the biggest impact of the 3 rookie WR's

-I never saw Sudfeld as an inline TE taking Gronk snaps, but did think he would be a weapon split out in the Hern role

I'm with you on all but the last one. I had a friend once, great athlete, who seemed to have a cloud of injury karma follow him everywhere. Disabled Again has that same cloud.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well...you were bound to wrong on Mallett as I correctly predicted he was headed to the Browns for a second round pick....

Wait..what?..never happened....oh well...welcome to the club........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Luckily for us, Rusty is here. He is never wrong and makes up for the rest of us...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Russ has been in a real slump. The past 6 months he's been bludgeoned by everyone, even rookies here on the board. I have noticed he hasnt been around as much, I think he is too embarrassed....he still likes to post infantile name calling, but it is very clear he is out of touch with the Pats, TB, BB, the salary cap and the draft/free agency process. He really should go over to the Panthers fan boards and try for a new life. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I thought tebow would be on the roster.
    I thought Brady and thompkins would be playing catch .

I thought Brady (and mcd) could overcome the inexperience of his receivers with clever play calling and moving the ball around.

I thought sudfeld would would have a bunch of catches.  ( remember reading how he was a sleeper fantasy pick?)

overall however...  The season is a HUGE success.  2-0 after 2 character building wins and the typical Thursday STINKER is in the past.

Every other team (except jets) still have to play their Thursday stinker on 3 days rest.  The NFL realized this scheduling sucks for players and teams , so they made it even by putting every team on a Thursday. . Makes for some REALLY sh!tty games, though .  Make sure you sign up for NFL network by October. you have Cleveland playing buffalo... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I thought tebow would be on the roster.
    I thought Brady and thompkins would be playing catch .

I thought Brady (and mcd) could overcome the inexperience of his receivers with clever play calling and moving the ball around.

I thought sudfeld would would have a bunch of catches.  ( remember reading how he was a sleeper fantasy pick?)

overall however...  The season is a HUGE success.  2-0 after 2 character building wins and the typical Thursday STINKER is in the past.

Every other team (except jets) still have to play their Thursday stinker on 3 days rest.  The NFL realized this scheduling sucks for players and teams , so they made it even by putting every team on a Thursday. . Makes for some REALLY sh!tty games, though .  Make sure you sign up for NFL network by October. you have Cleveland playing buffalo... 

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

We're all wrong at one time or another but I don't know why you thought Mallett would play.  Go back and look at all the blowouts there have been while he's been on the roster.  It is irrelevant.   He does not play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I thought Blount would be revealed as the stiff he is by now. Instead, he's our kick returner? What?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I thought the experiment with these jokers on offense would end during preseason and the Pats would bring in NFL players instead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I thought one of the rookie receivers would emerge.  I figured with Brady putting the ball in the right place one of them would become LLoyd with a few yards after catch that Lloyd never gave us.

I did't think we would see the production from the slot that we have seen.  It's apparent that is because Brady needs to throw it to someone who will catch it.  WW gave the Pats about 7.5 catches a game there.  They are relying on the slot even more right now with nothing from the TE or the wide receivers.

I thought Vereen would be the second coming of Kevin Faulk.  I hope he is in the second half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Russ has been in a real slump. The past 6 months he's been bludgeoned by everyone, even rookies here on the board. I have noticed he hasnt been around as much, I think he is too embarrassed....he still likes to post infantile name calling, but it is very clear he is out of touch with the Pats, TB, BB, the salary cap and the draft/free agency process. He really should go over to the Panthers fan boards and try for a new life. 

Really embarrassed at every turn.  Yesterday I caught him trying to get people to believe Wilfork and Kelly were injured as a way to cover up for the poor run defense.  One of my favorites was when he was explaining the need for the salary cap room, suggesting operating costs were part of the money.  When pressed, he changed his tune and told people he meant picking up free agents. 

If I were constantly wrong and my old tricks were being spotlighted as lies and fraud, I'd avoid the place also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Just Amendola and Sudfeld I agree with, everything else was a reach. 

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Base upon what BB has done during all of his years with this team, I predicted I had no clue what to expect.  Hey, it turns out that I was right!  The other part of my prediction was that, regardless of what the masses on this board think he should have done, somehow his team will once again make it to the playoffs.  So far, it looks like he is on track.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You thought Amendola would stay healthy? Why?

Here's what I thought...I thought Edelman would be an important piece of the offensive puzzle - not because of pure talent, but out of necessity - so far I've got that right. I thought Amendola would get hurt towards the end of October after leading the league in catches and really screw us up...the scenario that is happening now may actually turn out to help us in the long run (of course him staying healthy all year would of been best). I thought we'd see Collins starting in place of nink on the opposite side of Chandler on pass rushing downs here and there...hasn't happened...although Buchanon has been out there a bit. I thought Boyce would be puttting meaningfull minutes in and really helping...I have no idea what's going on there. I thought our running game wouldn't look nearly as good without a passing game, because I just don't think we are very good in that department...so far that looks true. I didn't think Bequette would make the team, nor Cunningham, and after watching  Benard a little more closely I wasn't surprised he was cut either.

What do I think now? I think if ONE - of our only two real defensive tackles - goes down...it's all over folks. This defense we have "rebuilt" will fall apart - and that's just crazy...you "rebuild" something and don't put enough into the defensive middle?? That's the weirdest thing I've seen from this team. The Welker mistake was one thing, but this is ridiculous. I also think that if Edelman goes down before Amendola gets back, we are in trouble. I think the Gronkowski back injury is a question mark that has lost some focus due to all our other problems - but I'll tell yeah if everything were to come together (the stars line up)...we catch a few breaks...this team may actually have MORE than the ones we cruised into the playoffs with the last 4 years. That will take some luck...there will be some real ugly stretches, but if Belichick can hold it all together, we may look more like the Ravens heading into the playoffs (of last year), than the Patriots of the past few seasons.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I thought one of the rookie receivers would emerge.  I figured with Brady putting the ball in the right place one of them would become LLoyd with a few yards after catch that Lloyd never gave us.

I did't think we would see the production from the slot that we have seen.  It's apparent that is because Brady needs to throw it to someone who will catch it.  WW gave the Pats about 7.5 catches a game there.  They are relying on the slot even more right now with nothing from the TE or the wide receivers.

I thought Vereen would be the second coming of Kevin Faulk.  I hope he is in the second half.

Remember my "Brady addicted to Welker " thread?  It spelled out the comfort TB developed throwing short pitch and catch to WW who is always open and catches his bullets and the TIMING of it.  Brady likes to get rid of the ball.  he's human.  He's not the fearless Freddie he was 10 years ago.

Fast forward and the only success TB seems to have is 13 catches by Edelman for 6 yards a pop.

Constant frustration on the outside.  Why.. ? It's  not as EASY .  Gotta shake the addiction.  Takes a while. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

You thought Amendola would stay healthy? Why?

Here's what I thought...I thought Edelman would be an important piece of the offensive puzzle - not because of pure talent, but out of necessity - so far I've got that right. I thought Amendola would get hurt towards the end of October after leading the league in catches and really screw us up...the scenario that is happening now may actually turn out to help us in the long run (of course him staying healthy all year would of been best). I thought we'd see Collins starting in place of nink on the opposite side of Chandler on pass rushing downs here and there...hasn't happened...although Buchanon has been out there a bit. I thought Boyce would be puttting meaningfull minutes in and really helping...I have no idea what's going on there. I thought our running game wouldn't look nearly as good without a passing game, because I just don't think we are very good in that department...so far that looks true. I didn't think Bequette would make the team, nor Cunningham, and after watching  Benard a little more closely I wasn't surprised he was cut either.

What do I think now? I think if ONE - of our only two real defensive tackles - goes down...it's all over folks. This defense we have "rebuilt" will fall apart - and that's just crazy...you "rebuild" something and don't put enough into the defensive middle?? That's the weirdest thing I've seen from this team. The Welker mistake was one thing, but this is ridiculous. I also think that if Edelman goes down before Amendola gets back, we are in trouble. I think the Gronkowski back injury is a question mark that has lost some focus due to all our other problems - but I'll tell yeah if everything were to come together (the stars line up)...we catch a few breaks...this team may actually have MORE than the ones we cruised into the playoffs with the last 4 years. That will take some luck...there will be some real ugly stretches, but if Belichick can hold it all together, we may look more like the Ravens heading into the playoffs (of last year), than the Patriots of the past few seasons.

[/QUOTE]

All the worrying about the DT position... there are 2 dts on the practice squad, plus versatility at the DE position.  Relax.

The obvious concern is on the other side of the ball . none of the wrs have shown up yet and hopefully some of that is the short week.  Should have kept SIMS in the mix to see if his big frame  would be a better option than Boyce for instance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I thought Blount would be revealed as the stiff he is by now. Instead, he's our kick returner? What?

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive things . . . Foot in Mouth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I feel a little silly admitting this, but that whole Aaron Hernandez murder thing took me completely by surprise.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

I am wrong. It's RKrap who isn't wrong. He still hasn't admitted he lost our bets with dozens of witnesses supporting me.

I thought Brady would not have back to back subpar games after the 2011 title game. I was wrong.

See?

Spoken like a true Jets troll.