Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

Ok, so, we see another discussion in which a player with the initials WW has come up.  When you think about it, has no bearing on this team now!  So, let's keep our discussion strings to those players currently on the roster and how they'll make this team a winner.  Commiserating about players who left with some 20/20 hindight statements do no real good for the present.  If you really liked a departing player, go make some "loving" comments on the website of the team on which that player currently plays.  Comparing a current player to a departed player, IMHO, seems like a whine wishing that player was back on the team. It won't change things as they stand today. Just sayin'!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so, we see another discussion in which a player with the initials WW has come up.  When you think about it, has no bearing on this team now!  So, let's keep our discussion strings to those players currently on the roster and how they'll make this team a winner.  Commiserating about players who left with some 20/20 hindight statements do no real good for the present.  If you really liked a departing player, go make some "loving" comments on the website of the team on which that player currently plays.  Comparing a current player to a departed player, IMHO, seems like a whine wishing that player was back on the team. It won't change things as they stand today. Just sayin'!

[/QUOTE]

Well, I speak for noone but myself, and I am lovin' this year's team.  The players of the past had their chances, now it's time to see what this group can do.  So far, I'm really liking their chances. 

I've got no regrets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

I hear you, enough already! He left on his own accord, no one forced him out. He thought his ego was bigger than the team! 

Amendola, Dobson, Gronk, Edelman and Vareen are the future. Love them or go cheer for Denver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like a legitimate topic of discussion to me.  Nothing requires you to read threads you don't like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

cyncal... hear-hear!  Focus on today's team and who could be here when there are injuries.  I am certain the team thinks in just that fashion.  Play the guys who are here now and make it work.  You can't drum up the past to win games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=942HcHKbOno

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You'll find your beloved 83 there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like a legitimate topic of discussion to me.  Nothing requires you to read threads you don't like.

[/QUOTE]

I guess my question would be, and I say this with all due respect, what is relevant about it?  Seriously, the point of 'what if' and 'if the Pats only had done this' is what, exactly?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

prolate.. I hear you.  But, what is the point to always bring up a past player?  Seems the intent is either to point out the failings of the replacment player or build up the replacing player as being better.  If the "new" player is doing great, does it really matter who they replaced?  I'll read these types of threads to see where they are going, but, they seem like either a "wish they were here" or a "bash BB for letting them go" discourse eventually.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana[/QUOTE]

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana[/QUOTE]

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson. 

[/QUOTE]

Well if he practiced what he preached he would not have died penniless

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess my question would be, and I say this with all due respect, what is relevant about it?  Seriously, the point of 'what if' and 'if the Pats only had done this' is what, exactly?  

[/QUOTE]

Personally, one of the things that is most interesting to me about Bill Belichick is his approach to team building.  The Welker decision was a critical part of BB's team building strategy this past offseason and understanding whether that was a good or bad decision is very enlightening if you want to understand the strengths and weaknesses of what Belichick does.  I'm not interested in the silly agendas that some people have here, but I am deeply interested in understanding Belichick's approach and its strengths and weaknesses better.  To me the Welker discussion is essential to gaining that understanding. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Point still made.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"De do do do, de da da da" - Sting

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

"And those who dwell in the past are condemned to live in it!"

Even with all the injuries, we've got a very good team shaping up over the last half of the regular season with Talib and Vereen returning, the young WRs improving and the running game getting re-established.  As many have said, you win with whom you've got, not whom you could have kept or whom you could have acquired.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champions???!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not interested in the silly agendas that some people have here

[/QUOTE]

Me either. Unfortunately that is now part of the forum culture Prolate. 

We literally have people rooting against *parts* of the team they are so entrenched.

The real crime is that you see so much poor analysis. The board always had its wahoos, but it always backed it up with solid football knowledge. Now we have people picking plays apart illogically in order to suit their objectives rather than to illuminate a point about football. 

The anti-Welker crowd are the ones placing a ridiculous yoke of blame on Brady because otherwise it validates some of the concerns over letting WW go. 

A lot of the pro-Welker people are inflating the miscues of the rookies, or acting like they are going to be busts, because it strengthens their position. 

It's funny ... you really need to know who sides with whom to be able to even read a simple thread, because a lot of the threads discussing what happened are heavily biased and not really related to football as it is played.

Oddly, I've not mentioned Welker in quite some time, at least not since someone started a Welker and TDs thread and I opined that I had wished NE would have used him as an EZ threat, but conceded that they didn't really have the deep wideout to clear the space for him. That was four weeks ago iirc. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

prolate...   that is an interesting thought regarding BB's mindset when building a team.

What is missing in all these discussions is no one knows exactly why BB does what he does.  Is there a fan on this board who has intimate knowledge of the team at the same level as BB?  I'd think not.  As a result, no one here can attest to all BB observes in practice, team meetings, one-on-one discussions with the player and those notes he takes during games etc.  All we can do is surmise and guess why BB goes in the direction he does when building this team.  I am certain the biggest question fans have of this process is why do the Pats rarely, if ever, go for "big name" players like we see other teams do.  IMHO, a big name player may have some self centered attitudes which may not fully integrate into the "team" environment BB eschews.  As we have experienced in the past, when a "big name" starts spouting words of "me this and me that" they are gone shortly thereafter.  WW may have started to have such thoughts and hence he was gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally, one of the things that is most interesting to me about Bill Belichick is his approach to team building.  The Welker decision was a critical part of BB's team building strategy this past offseason and understanding whether that was a good or bad decision is very enlightening if you want to understand the strengths and weaknesses of what Belichick does.  I'm not interested in the silly agendas that some people have here, but I am deeply interested in understanding Belichick's approach and its strengths and weaknesses better.  To me the Welker discussion is essential to gaining that understanding. 

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you if (and that is a huge IF) it were a legitimate discussion.  I have yet to see one posted in this forum.  Every one that I've seen has been nothing but an exercise in second guessing, finger pointing and a contest to prove whose d1ck is the bigger.

Seriously, have you seen a legit discussion and analysis of what went into the Welker negotiations that wasn't consumed by what I just described?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Point still made.

[/QUOTE]

I guess if you believe that, that's all that really matters....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ATJ...   you, too, are spot on.  A lot of "arm chair GMs" here who do second guess BB a lot!  Without the same knowledge BB has, how can one second guess, really.  But, as we all see here and in every team in the NFL, being a GM has its hits and missses.  We all have to be happy, that overall, BB has more hits and the result is 3 rings, 5 SB appearances, 7 AFCCG games and all the records this franchise has set.  More than most franchises since the beginning of this millenia!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Are there any players from the past we can still talk about?

Just need to set the baseline.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a "rest of the NFL" section and that really is where discussions about players on other teams really belong. Not here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Randy Vataha and Jim Plunkett are ok to talk about!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Randy Vataha and Jim Plunkett are ok to talk about!

[/QUOTE]

What about Mini-Mack Herron? or Randy Vataha?

Sections
Shortcuts