Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like a legitimate topic of discussion to me.  Nothing requires you to read threads you don't like.

[/QUOTE]

I guess my question would be, and I say this with all due respect, what is relevant about it?  Seriously, the point of 'what if' and 'if the Pats only had done this' is what, exactly?  

[/QUOTE]

Discussion. If you remove all the what if's what kind of discussions could you have? Basically you'd be left with breaking down plays exactly how they happened and not talk about anything else. Seems pretty boring personally. But as an exercise try not discussing any what if's which includes what if they run more, or what if Talib isn't ready to go after the bye week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Going forward.. let's talk about players who are ON the team now, forget the past!

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hear you, enough already! He left on his own accord, no one forced him out. He thought his ego was bigger than the team! 

Amendola, Dobson, Gronk, Edelman and Vareen are the future. Love them or go cheer for Denver.

[/QUOTE]

so tell us how do you feel about Arrington and Nink. They are part of the future too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Z says it above.  It's unfortunate that conversations on this site have devolved into pizzing  contests in which real football analysis is replaced by ego-driven drivel. 

Still, I see no reason to limit topics just because some people can't have mature discussions about them.  That would seem to be giving too much power to the immature. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots made a huge mistake letting Leon Gray go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are there any players from the past we can still talk about?

Just need to set the baseline.....

[/QUOTE]

Anyone retired who is not active and not those players folks here "wish" were back playing for the Pats, I guess!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seems like a legitimate topic of discussion to me.  Nothing requires you to read threads you don't like.

I guess my question would be, and I say this with all due respect, what is relevant about it?  Seriously, the point of 'what if' and 'if the Pats only had done this' is what, exactly?  

[/QUOTE]

Personally, one of the things that is most interesting to me about Bill Belichick is his approach to team building.  The Welker decision was a critical part of BB's team building strategy this past offseason and understanding whether that was a good or bad decision is very enlightening if you want to understand the strengths and weaknesses of what Belichick does.  I'm not interested in the silly agendas that some people have here, but I am deeply interested in understanding Belichick's approach and its strengths and weaknesses better.  To me the Welker discussion is essential to gaining that understanding. 

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you if (and that is a huge IF) it were a legitimate discussion.  I have yet to see one posted in this forum.  Every one that I've seen has been nothing but an exercise in second guessing, finger pointing and a contest to prove whose d1ck is the bigger.

Seriously, have you seen a legit discussion and analysis of what went into the Welker negotiations that wasn't consumed by what I just described?

[/QUOTE]

We haven't. This board has been flushed down the tubes. Actual open logical discussion is practically gone. The Sox board is now the best on Boston.com. These things are cyclical. A few years back Softlaw reduced the Sox board to this level of bedlam. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone retired who is not active and not those players folks here "wish" were back playing for the Pats, I guess!

[/QUOTE]

Man. Ronnie Lippet. Andre Tippet. 

How about this match in the cotton field: Curtis Martin. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Z....  Russ Francis.. imagine him and Gronk together??!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Randy Vataha and Jim Plunkett are ok to talk about!

[/QUOTE]

What about Mini-Mack Herron? or Randy Vataha?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Mini-Mack is ok too, I already mentioned Randy. Grogan and Hannah can be talked about as well as Tip and Nellie!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it. Funny, Francis would be a small TE in this day and age. 

Actually, if there were exPats I think could help this team the most they would be Ted Washington and Bruce Armstrong. Haha. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it. Funny, Francis would be a small TE in this day and age. 

Actually, if there were exPats I think could help this team the most they would be Ted Washington and Bruce Armstrong. Haha. 

[/QUOTE]

Say that to his face!!!!  He doesn't look small.  Would be an interesting comparison for TEs past and present.

Sections
Shortcuts