Going forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Going forward

This team looks really good to me.  I havent felt this good since 07 about our chances in playoffs be it home or road.  Barring major injuries this is a Superbowl team.  Mark my words Denver will lose next week as this team will be ready to go full speed.

Ground game clicking and receivers getting better each week... With Dennard and Talib in backfield this team can win it all! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Going forward

In response to SANPAT's comment:

This team looks really good to me.  I havent felt this good since 07 about our chances in playoffs be it home or road.  Barring major injuries this is a Superbowl team.  Mark my words Denver will lose next week as this team will be ready to go full speed.

Ground game clicking and receivers getting better each week... With Dennard and Talib in backfield this team can win it all! 

I feel pretty good after this loss but I thought the Pats would handle the Ravens in the AFC championship game last year (and in 2011) so I can't say this year's team is better than those.  Don't forget the Pats last year dominated the Broncos for 3 quarters before playing sloppy and allowing the Broncos to make it respectable late.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I too fell good.

The offense is much more versatile. It can go by air or it can go with power on the ground. I think they should keep showcasing that through the rest of the season. Let them really worry about it, so they forget about the passing game.

Even the D looks promising. They were close to making two more sacks than they actually did. Another notch up on the pass pressure and they will be very good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I too fell good.

The offense is much more versatile. It can go by air or it can go with power on the ground. I think they should keep showcasing that through the rest of the season. Let them really worry about it, so they forget about the passing game.

Even the D looks promising. They were close to making two more sacks than they actually did. Another notch up on the pass pressure and they will be very good.

I don't feel so positive with the defense though. Talib got hurt again and McCourty struggled tonight. Sure the holding call was mostly an acting job by Olson but for a veteran to wrap his hands around the tight end like that and not expect a call is silly. I mean it's not like McCourty has not been called for some brutal PI's in the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've liked this team all year, but I have two major concerns now:

1.  The injuries on defense have really had a negative effect.  Early this year, I really felt the team had finally turned the corner on defense, but with the loss of so many key players, the defense is starting to look more like the defense of the past three years than the defense we had at the beginning of the season. When healthy, this is a defense that can protect leads and control the pace of the game.  Now, with all the injuries, it's looking again like a defense that can't be relied on not to give up a big play at critical moments. 

2. The offensive line.  Overall, the offense is looking much better with the return of so many key skill players and the maturation of Dobson (and maybe even Thompkins).  I like the increased diversity of the skill players, as well. But the line is inconsistent and continues to make critical mistakes.  The offense is losing in the trenches too often and that's keeping it from sustaining drives.  Increasingly, it's becoming clear why the pats have relied so heavily on the hurry-up over the past few years.  Quick snaps in the running game and quick passes take a lot of pressure off the O line.  At this point, however, the skill players may still not be "tuned up" enough to allow the Pats to run that hurry-up as much as they did the past two or three years.  I would like to see the Pats not have to rely so much on the hurry-up, but to do that, the O line needs to play better, blowing defenders off the ball in the running game and giving Brady the time he needs to hit receivers on slower developing pass routes. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to SANPAT's comment:

Unlike me...I hope you got a good nights sleep last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Are you joking? It sad that the offensive is cranking up but the defense has too many injuries to get it done. I am expecting a big loss to Denver on Sunday. I hope Iam wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Win or Lose...I freaking love this team's championship heart.  I stick by my statement. Bring on the playoffs!

cry babies need not post on this one!

Sections
Shortcuts