Golden Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Golden Tate

This kid (5-10 195 WR, ND) is just on another level than most players on the field.  I watch him player every week and he consistently makes play after play after play after play, which is difficult when teams know the ball is going to him when a big play is needed.  Whether it's a tough 5 yd catch over the middle for a drive saving 1st down or beating double coverage for a 50 yd TD pass, or taking a punt back 87 yards for a TD, the kid can do it all.  Ask projected top 10 pick, safety Taylor Mays (USC) how tough he is....

IMO, they need to take him with one of their first four picks in the 2010 draft and plug him in opposite Randy.  Not to mention he plays in a Charlies Weis offense which should accelerate his acclimation to the Patriots offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Golden Tate

I like the other kid who got hurt every year from ND.  I do think Tate is a baller.  What about Spiller from Clemson?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

couldnt agree more.  he is the best WR in college ball right now.  dez bryant would be the best if he were playing, but tate is for real.  bill and the rest of this staff will do what needs to be done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

we'll have the 32nd pick and i think we can get him there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I repeat, NE must draft (assuming he declares) this kid.  10-201, 3 TD last night against Stanford (93 1,496, 15 TD's on the season).  He's been consistently dominant against a high level of competition all season and would solve their third WR issues.....atleast that's my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Well since we are going to trade away our #1 we got from Oakland... I wonder!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Golden Tate:
    [QUOTE]Well since we are going to trade away our #1 we got from Oakland... I wonder!!
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

The Oakland pick is in 2011.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

So are you saying BB will be doing a double Tate?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]So are you saying BB will be doing a double Tate?
    Posted by bostonreadercomments[/QUOTE]

If I have my way, yes.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It was against Stanford...not elite level competition, and he plays in Weis' offense (pass happy, down the field). Seems the whole board watched the game last night, let's not overreact to a single game. Sure, some have seen him all year long, but his numbers are inflated due to the team he plays on. Not to say he's a bad receiver, but I do'nt think he's as highly touted as some are saying on here. He ranks just inside the Top 10 WRs on most lists, and is nowhere near a first round grade anywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Golden Tate:
    [QUOTE]This kid (5-10 195 WR, ND) is just on another level than most players on the field.  I watch him player every week and he consistently makes play after play after play after play, which is difficult when teams know the ball is going to him when a big play is needed.  Whether it's a tough 5 yd catch over the middle for a drive saving 1st down or beating double coverage for a 50 yd TD pass, or taking a punt back 87 yards for a TD, the kid can do it all.  Ask projected top 10 pick, safety Taylor Mays (USC) how tough he is.... IMO, they need to take him with one of their first four picks in the 2010 draft and plug him in opposite Randy.  Not to mention he plays in a Charlies Weis offense which should accelerate his acclimation to the Patriots offense.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

HANDS DOWN I AGREE! i have seen him play all year as well, and what he did last night was amazing. He is a stud! i wouldnt be surprised if he sneeks into the late 1st round area. His route running and hands have improved, i think he can be a very good slot and wideout in our offense. He can also be an automatic boos to our punt returning, we can lighten the load for Wes Welker.

Throughout the game yesterday i was just imagining him in the pats offense, that guy is a complete player, i HOPE the pats draft him. I would!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]It was against Stanford...not elite level competition, and he plays in Weis' offense (pass happy, down the field). Seems the whole board watched the game last night, let's not overreact to a single game. Sure, some have seen him all year long, but his numbers are inflated due to the team he plays on. Not to say he's a bad receiver, but I do'nt think he's as highly touted as some are saying on here. He ranks just inside the Top 10 WRs on most lists, and is nowhere near a first round grade anywhere.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Golden Tate would be a STEAL in the second round. hands down.

He has the most receiving yards in notre dame history, he is also very clutch, awesome punt returner, and his YAC ability is elite. he has great cutback vision for a receiver, hes a true playmaker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]It was against Stanford...not elite level competition, and he plays in Weis' offense (pass happy, down the field). Seems the whole board watched the game last night, let's not overreact to a single game. Sure, some have seen him all year long, but his numbers are inflated due to the team he plays on. Not to say he's a bad receiver, but I do'nt think he's as highly touted as some are saying on here. He ranks just inside the Top 10 WRs on most lists, and is nowhere near a first round grade anywhere.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

93 (6th in the country) for 1496 (4th) and 15 td's (2nd) isn't overreacting to a single game.  Not to mention he went for 58-1080-10 last year.

And I don't mind if you disagree with my assessemnt of the player, but please come with more than "his numbers are inflated because of the team he plays on".  I mean how dare you ND for running a productive pro-style offense.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfA5-Q0s-0&feature=related

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Golden Tate fits in this offense so well and he already is in Charlies offense to where the Pats can easily put him in and cater him. He can fill that void for when Moss leaves and then in his rookie year and sophomore year fill that void of the third WR that the Pats oh so desperately need right now.

Because let me say this right now Brandon Tate likely wont succeed in the NFL due to him just reinjuring his knee the second time in two years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Golden Tate : HANDS DOWN I AGREE! i have seen him play all year as well, and what he did last night was amazing. He is a stud! i wouldnt be surprised if he sneeks into the late 1st round area. His route running and hands have improved, i think he can be a very good slot and wideout in our offense. He can also be an automatic boos to our punt returning, we can lighten the load for Wes Welker. Throughout the game yesterday i was just imagining him in the pats offense, that guy is a complete player, i HOPE the pats draft him. I would!
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

And he came to ND as a running back so he's tough and can provide a lot of yards after contact.  As you said, he can line up all over the field, and return punts/kicks and we all know how much BB loves versatility in his players.

With Floyd being out for an extended period of time, teams knew Tate was gonna get the ball and still couldn't stop him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]This kid (5-10 195 WR, ND) is just on another level than most players on the field.  I watch him player every week and he consistently makes play after play after play after play, which is difficult when teams know the ball is going to him when a big play is needed.  Whether it's a tough 5 yd catch over the middle for a drive saving 1st down or beating double coverage for a 50 yd TD pass, or taking a punt back 87 yards for a TD, the kid can do it all.  Ask projected top 10 pick, safety Taylor Mays (USC) how tough he is.... IMO, they need to take him with one of their first four picks in the 2010 draft and plug him in opposite Randy.  Not to mention he plays in a Charlies Weis offense which should accelerate his acclimation to the Patriots offense.
    I concur..He is also capable of lining up in the backfield or being used as an H-Back. The type of versatile player that Belichick likes. He's got pro written all over him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] he is very talented.wouldnt mind him landing here.i also wouldnt mind a receiver like moss.haveing his talent speed,and height.for moss could be checking out in a couple of years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't see it.

To me, Golden Tate would only replicate the same skill set that the Patriots already have with Welker and Edelman.

Gamer, deceptively fast on the field (not stopwatch), quick out of breaks, possession receiver, LACK OF SIZE, LACK OF HEIGHT, LACK OF TOP SPEED

Those are SLOT RECEIVER skills

The last three will inhibit him from playing the wideout positions.  It'll be tougher for him to get a clean release from the line of scrimmage on the outside of the formation as opposed to the slot where he'd be about a yard and a half behind the LOS.

if Dez Bryant falls for any reason, I'd love to see the Pats get him.  He's tall and fast - he could do what Galloway failed to do (tall, fast-top-speed guy who can stretch the field on the side opposite to Moss).

Or they could always sign Terrell Owens... jk Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I'd like for us to find a lineman who can help protect Brady AND help open holes for the running game.  Plus, I think we still need some help defensively - like a decent pass rusher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

A Tate who is more metallic than glass would be nice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Michael Floyd is also a superstar wide receiver at ND.  He wasn't supposed to return to the lineup this year, but came back and played in the last 3 games--but perhaps at half mast. 

How bad can the ND defense be when they have 3 future NFL stars and go 6-6.   Anyhow, Golden and Michael, take them both.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

we need a pass rusher but most of the good ones go in the first round, we will probably be out of the running because most likely we trade our first round pick and move down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

after watching percy harvin kill it in the NFL this year, i dont think this is that big a stretch.  tate could be great

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I would love for Tate to join the Pats. However, as for draft priorities, I would rather have Pats pick an every down RB (Maroney's had enough time to prove he can be that, and I don't think he has), LB (Either a stud in the middle or a replacement for AD outside), and a DT (It seems that injuries are becoming more common now) before they pick a WR.

In that game between ND and Stanford, it was Gerhart that impressed me more. Not very fast, but he's a power back with Welker-like mental toughness. I think he would give TB and BB to get the offense in better balance, and perhaps they would not have to throw the ball on short yards. Or, perhaps, a more believable play action might yield better results for the pass.

Again, I m not saying no. It would be good if Tate falls on their lap after filling the bigger needs.

Sections
Shortcuts