Goldson May be Suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Goldson May be Suspended

Schefter is reporting Goldson might be in line for a suspension for his headhunting the past 2 weeks and his history of head shots.  Dunno if it would  be enforced for our upcoming game against Tampa, but it seemed like something that would be worth monitoring.  I have to say not having that guy in the secondary would make me feel a lot better in terms of our skill players leaving the field in one piece.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Goldson May be Suspended

I would like to have Richard Sherman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Barron and Revis would still have to be accounted for, but not having Goldson out there would be a big help. 

I think the Bucs may be due for a big loss. Two last-second, emotional losses. Could easily see them having a let-down this week. 

Let's go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yea I dont know what it is, but the players this past week sure didnt seem like they support safety in the league. Lots of head hunting and cheap shots led by the infamous Brandon Whiffyweather. Went head to head twice and then got his own head hurt...smh

Ya Big Dummy! (fred sanford voice)

For my money TB and Miami have the Nastiest Safety Combo. I dont know if fans are aware or not, but Miami is gonna be a tough game. Reshad Jones and Chris Clemons!! Man thats a tough Duo to go against. Its gonna be Fun having some comp. in the division again. Bufallo is looking better every week.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Merriweather should be suspended too. He hurt himself with a helmet to helmet. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Tampa is a bit of a miss right now. Schiano needs to get control of that team. 23 penalties for 220 yards through two games. That is more yards in penalties than 20 NFL teams have rushing through two games.

Not to mention they are having a bit of a QB controversy (http://on.nfl.com/1eV3z1K) and the Patriots could get Mike Glennon at QB next week. Which would mean (totally randomly) the Patriots would face the first three QBs from last years draft in their draft order to start the season. No way that has happened before.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

These no talent head hunters are destroying the game.  Much less a sport than it used to be.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

These no talent head hunters are destroying the game.  Much less a sport than it used to be.

You are joking right? The Old game was much worse. If you think THIS is headhunting, you must have missed all the NFL films of the good ol days when teams like the Raiders could send you to the Hospital frequently. I dont like all this legislation in the game. Trying to tell players HOW and WHERE to hit. The people making these rules must have never played. Its a joke, but mostly due to all the BS rules they have tried to impliment. The game in the 60s and 70 was MUCH more brutal though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Tampa is a bit of a miss right now. Schiano needs to get control of that team. 23 penalties for 220 yards through two games. That is more yards in penalties than 20 NFL teams have rushing through two games.

Not to mention they are having a bit of a QB controversy (http://on.nfl.com/1eV3z1K) and the Patriots could get Mike Glennon at QB next week. Which would mean (totally randomly) the Patriots would face the first three QBs from last years draft in their draft order to start the season. No way that has happened before.

and all this AFTER he consulted with BB in the offseason. Was allowed to adapt our team building philosophy and even practiced with us. Boy that BB sure if a great friend. Now I am not so upset with all the intimacy as BB clearly had the cover over Schiano's eyes. Told him he would help him and he probably sabotaged the program..lol

Good Job! We should win going away next week! Just gotta stay clear of ol' Revis

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You are joking right? The Old game was much worse. If you think THIS is headhunting, you must have missed all the NFL films of the good ol days when teams like the Raiders could send you to the Hospital frequently. I dont like all this legislation in the game. Trying to tell players HOW and WHERE to hit. The people making these rules must have never played. Its a joke, but mostly due to all the BS rules they have tried to impliment. The game in the 60s and 70 was MUCH more brutal though.

=========================

I was around to watch the game in the 60s and 70s, so we'll agree to disagree on that.

Players so much bigger, stronger, faster.  Few (if any) grass/mud fields to slow things down now.   Tatum was a skumbag and so were some of his teammates.  Steelers played a very physical game, but seemed to me not with the intent of injuring.   Doesn't seem to me that very many players speared helmut to helmut back then.  Seems to me that today we have an intent to injure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Schiano as far as I can tell is basically Mangini as a head coach.  Another guy who tries to act like old school coaches like BB or even Coughlin, but just pisses off the players and doesn't command their respect.  Some guys can do it and others can't.  Schiano looks like the latter and frankly underscores how hard it is for guys that come from college to succeed with that kind of coaching style where they have a lot more leverage via scholarships and the players are all kids.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

=========================

I was around to watch the game in the 60s and 70s, so we'll agree to disagree on that.

Players so much bigger, stronger, faster.  Few (if any) grass/mud fields to slow things down now.   Tatum was a skumbag and so were some of his teammates.  Steelers played a very physical game, but seemed to me not with the intent of injuring.   Doesn't seem to me that very many players speared helmut to helmut back then.  Seems to me that today we have an intent to injure.

This could very well be true. I have not idea how to measure intent, but I think its gotta be somewhat true after all the over emphasis and its still being done. Now Suh, I will grant you, He is bad for the league. One day he is really gonna hurt someone. Like I said, I only watched in NFL films. If you watched both eras real time,. I will have to defer to your wisdom. Maybe it was a harder game with less dangerous athletes?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Talk about beast, our offense will struggle this week, but the Jets beat these fools. I'm holding out hope the kids show up big time.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Interesting.  Yeah, seems like there is a divide in the locker room where his captaincy was rescinded.

I wonder if Schiano is ready to be an NFL coach. Would not be surprised to see him back in the NCAA is a few years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

the NCAA isn't a bad gig. Did you know that Urban Meyer is the highest paid state of Ohio employee?

Interesting.  Yeah, seems like there is a divide in the locker room where his captaincy was rescinded.

I wonder if Schiano is ready to be an NFL coach. Would not be surprised to see him back in the NCAA is a few years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts