Gomer gets 51

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Gomer gets 51

In response to UD6's comment:

goodness!  the amount of angry energy spent here diminishing Manning and his accomplishment could light up the grinch's christmas tree for years. 

bah humbug, right folks?

who is diminishing his accomplishments??? Greatest accumulator of regular season stats all time! The modern day NFL is all about stats and fantasy football and manning is the poster boy. He and his fans should savor his acomplishments they are his legacy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought manning said " when Brady breaks the record I hope the HOF gives the ball back".  

Someone said earlier and I agree that BB should gt Fitz. Personally I'd like him to get Brandon Marshall   Like to see him catch from a great QB for a change. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

goodness!  the amount of angry energy spent here diminishing Manning and his accomplishment could light up the grinch's christmas tree for years. 

bah humbug, right folks?

IMHO, I do not think anyone here diminishes his accomplishments nor is anyone "angry".

Consider the way the TD record was broken yesterday.  The Broncos were up 30 - 13 with less than 5 minutes to go in the game and the Broncos call a pass play specifically to go for the endzone. (Manning threw 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter, as I know you know) A blatant attempt to go "record hunting" at a time another score was not needed.  Pats do it, we see cries in the media for running up the score.  Manning does it and it is further proof he is the GoaT at QB.  When Brady got his #50, it was in a relatively tight game against the Giants, finally won 38 - 35 ( not 37 - 13 like the Broncos) to clinch an undefeated season.

Take it for what it is worth.  You, UD, are a devoted Colts fan and have had the pleasure to have Manning as your team's QB all those record setting years and you feel like you do.  Pats fans feel as they do about Brady.  If the roles were reversed, which at times they have when it comes to better accomplishments Brady has versus Manning, you come off as "angry", if not condescending, about Brady and his records when compared to Manning. (You always chime in the Pats won SBs because of a kicker, well, it took a QB to lead the team down the field to get in the position for a winning FG)  I am certain it makes you bristle that for all the regular season records Manning owns, so many look at Brady's accomplishments in the playoffs as a measuring stick as to who is considered a better QB.  As do many Pats fans bristle about Manning being considered better because of all those stats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

bah humbug, right folks?

IMHO, I do not think anyone here diminishes his accomplishments nor is anyone "angry".

Consider the way the TD record was broken yesterday.  The Broncos were up 30 - 13 with less than 5 minutes to go in the game and the Broncos call a pass play specifically to go for the endzone. (Manning threw 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter, as I know you know) A blatant attempt to go "record hunting" at a time another score was not needed.  Pats do it, we see cries in the media for running up the score.  Manning does it and it is further proof he is the GoaT at QB.  When Brady got his #50, it was in a relatively tight game against the Giants, finally won 38 - 35 ( not 37 - 13 like the Broncos) to clinch an undefeated season.

Take it for what it is worth.  You, UD, are a devoted Colts fan and have had the pleasure to have Manning as your team's QB all those record setting years and you feel like you do.  Pats fans feel as they do about Brady.  If the roles were reversed, which at times they have when it comes to better accomplishments Brady has versus Manning, you come off as "angry", if not condescending, about Brady and his records when compared to Manning. (You always chime in the Pats won SBs because of a kicker, well, it took a QB to lead the team down the field to get in the position for a winning FG)  I am certain it makes you bristle that for all the regular season records Manning owns, so many look at Brady's accomplishments in the playoffs as a measuring stick as to who is considered a better QB.  As do many Pats fans bristle about Manning being considered better because of all those stats.

oh boy AGC, this thread is on its 6th page with pats fans diminishing the accomplishment on every page. 

You'll excuse me if I find it a bit disingenuous for this crowd to call out Manning for going after a record.  No one here gave Brady crap for going for it in 2007.  In fact, it was celebrated that Brady broke Manning's record.  This is a group that relished the pats going for a 16-0 record 2007 although the pursuit did nothing to help their playoff seeding.  Only purpose for going for it was "record hunting".  right? 

If you look at the game log for that game, you can't help but see that Brady was going for the record. he was mostly throwing everytime the pats were inside the 20 yd line.  he was throwing from the 8 yd line, 4 yd line, 13, 19, 1 and 9 yd line.  In a meaningless game.  

That begs another point.  This board gave the colts crap for not going for a record in a meaningless game.  Which is ok?  going for it or not going for it?  

What I've gathered is that "record hunting" is ok if the pats do it, but shameful if others do it. 

AGC, I suppose you were ok with Manning's first 2 4th quarter TD's since the game was still in the balance, right?  It was just the 51st.  That one chafed you, huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

bah humbug, right folks?

IMHO, I do not think anyone here diminishes his accomplishments nor is anyone "angry"....

oh boy AGC, this thread is on its 6th page with pats fans diminishing the accomplishment on every page.... 

AGC, I suppose you were ok with Manning's first 2 4th quarter TD's since the game was still in the balance, right?  It was just the 51st.  That one chafed you, huh?

First, the record was going to be broken be it in this last game or next week..  they are meant to be.  UD.. here is the difference:

Manning gets all these records, even when getting TDs late in a game, we hardly hear a peep from the media regarding record chasing or running up the score, which late TDs in a blow-out call for as was seen yesterday.  In 2007, we heard A LOT about Brady record chasing and the Pats running up the score.  All we hear today is how great Manning is and not a peep the last, record breaking TD, was thrown with less than 5 minutes in the game and the Broncos up 30 - 13. 

Admit it, UD, there is a big difference in how the media fawns over Manning versus Brady.  I feel I am a balanced person, but, I do take notice in how certain things are portrayed and a difference is obvious.  Peyton Manning - Sportsman of the Year for 2013 by SI over someone like Big Papi who was instrumental in leading the Red Sox to ANOTHER World Series title, #3, and Manning has yet to win anything this year except excel at some stats?

When someone is head over heels enamored of someone, they are blind to everything which could impune that person.  As Pats fans here are great supporters of Brady to the nth degree, you are for Manning to your nth degree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

bah humbug, right folks?

who is diminishing his accomplishments??? Greatest accumulator of regular season stats all time! The modern day NFL is all about stats and fantasy football and manning is the poster boy. He and his fans should savor his acomplishments they are his legacy.

Anyone watching the special about his old man knows that Peyton has been a spolight and records chaser since high school, even earlier...he's a great, great QB, but only winning one SB makes him the 2nd best QB in his family. That's a fact jack!

To say Eli is better than Peyton because of one more Super Bowl victory is pretty stupid. To keep posting pictures of animals that look like their laughing is even more stupid. When the same person does both guess what that makes them?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bah humbug, right folks?

IMHO, I do not think anyone here diminishes his accomplishments nor is anyone "angry"....

oh boy AGC, this thread is on its 6th page with pats fans diminishing the accomplishment on every page.... 

First, the record was going to be broken be it in this last game or next week..  they are meant to be.  UD.. here is the difference:

Manning gets all these records, even when getting TDs late in a game, we hardly hear a peep from the media regarding record chasing or running up the score, which late TDs in a blow-out call for as was seen yesterday.  In 2007, we heard A LOT about Brady record chasing and the Pats running up the score.  All we hear today is how great Manning is and not a peep the last, record breaking TD, was thrown with less than 5 minutes in the game and the Broncos up 30 - 13. 

Admit it, UD, there is a big difference in how the media fawns over Manning versus Brady.  I feel I am a balanced person, but, I do take notice in how certain things are portrayed and a difference is obvious.  Peyton Manning - Sportsman of the Year for 2013 by SI over someone like Big Papi who was instrumental in leading the Red Sox to ANOTHER World Series title, #3, and Manning has yet to win anything this year except excel at some stats?

When someone is head over heels enamored of someone, they are blind to everything which could impune that person.  As Pats fans here are great supporters of Brady to the nth degree, you are for Manning to your nth degree.

agc - i agree there was some discussion about the pats running up scores in 2007, but I also know that pats fans have magnified that discussion tenfold to satisfy their hatred of the media.  Its fair to say that pats fans hate media attention and think they are being singled out when anyone in the media says something negative about the pats.  Its also fair to say that when there are positive things to say about the pats but the pats don't get all of the attention, pats fans are again angry because the media is intentionally omitting or limiting the conversation the pats deserve.  The media can never win where pats fans are concerned. 

Now as to the comparison of 2007 pats to 2013 broncos. 

1. the pats didn't lose.  the broncos have lost 3 times and the season isn't done. 
    2. in 2007, the pats won 7 of their first 8 games and 8 of their first 10 by at least 3 TD's.  They won 10 games that year by at least that margin.  By contrast, the broncos have only won 5 games thus far by that many.  They've actually lost 2 of their last 5 games and lost their last game before winning by 24 yesterday.  Not exactly the same kind of dominance from Denver as the pats in 2007
    3. the broncos are currently 22nd in the league in pts given up while the pats in 2007 were 4th. 
    4. the pats also were known to have a chip on their shoulder for the spygate issue.  It was fair to wonder if Belichick was interested in sticking it to everyone. 

Finally, I have no doubt Manning wanted that record yesterday and here's why.  The broncos played at 1:00 yesterday.  The pats played at 4:30 against a streaking Ravens team in Baltimore.  If Manning does not get the record yesterday but the broncos win while the pats lose, there's no reason for Manning to play next week except for the record.  If you think Manning deserves crap today, could you imagine the uproar if he played next week just to get the record?  You guys would have had a field day with Manning.  He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't from a pats fans perspective, and that's just the way you guys like it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

If it makes up for his only having 1 ring then good luck to him. If you asked Brady do you think he'd rather the TD record than the 3 rings?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Talk about your dumb threads......

Anyone here DOESN'T recall the concern that Manning's career may be over two season's please raise your hand and take two steps. OK? Next, those of you who passionately stated that he NEEDS to retire (for health reasons, of course), keep your hands up and take another two steps back (that should be 99% of you). Fine. Now, those of you who publically stated that, if he chose to continue playing, there would be no sympathy should he get hurt (seeing how he's a stat hog and all), put both hands in the air and take THREE steps back. That will be @ 99% of you.

Let's recap: we have a player who we though his career was over, needed to retire (purely medical reasons only), and would get no sympathy should he suffer a career ending or even life threatening injury, yet's he's manageed to break Brady's record. And yet, all thid was done ONLY because he's a stat hog, and cares nothing about winning another SB. What a joke!!!!!  QWe all know that if Brady did this, he's be canonized, promoted to sainthood, bronzed, and out on display in the Patriots HOF, right next to the snow blower used against the Fish! Problem is, very few of you will ever admit this.

Let him have the freaking record. To quote the great Sectry of State... It doesn't matter! I don't care how he gets it either! AT least a TD pass is more legit than a QB lying down to take a "sack" for the DLman's record.

(BTW, check out Brady's 2007 year. I see several late game, when there was no doubt who was going to win, TD passes. My personal fave was a TD toss vs the 'Skins with 9:00 left, up 45-0. #2 fave was with 3 min left, up 24-7 vs the Bolts. Honorable mention goes to teh two Bills games: #1: up 31-7, 10:30 left, and #2   9 min to go,up 35-7. So, be very careful when talking about the "timing" of the pass(s) when thrown in games.)

This stuff will eat you alive if you let it! The one undeniable fact is that Brady has 2 more SB wins than Horseface. Many of us use this as the base crutch in the never ending "Brady vs Manning" debate. But, if carried out to its fullest, Bradshaw is still the guy to beat. Your rules....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

One other note AGC, no matter how hard we try to be objective (and we may do a relatively good job), we cannot get the fandom out of our blood.  When you are critical of Manning receiving the sportsman of the year award instead of your own David Ortiz - it demonstrates that you can't remove yourself entirely from your fandom. 

By suggesting that Ortiz should have won sportsman of the year, I can make a case that you are saying that not only does the media have it in for Belichick, but Boston sports in general, or rather that because the patriots are connected to the boston sports market, every other sports franchise in the town suffers as a result of it.  Really??  

I think David Ortiz is great, but Ortiz is a DH.  Ortiz he was 10th in AL MVP voting and didn't even earn a 1st or a 2nd place vote.  Manning has just broken the TD record, could break the yards record, is 37 years old, and had 4 neck surgeries the most serious of which was just over 2 years ago to fix a condition that some said he would never recover from and caused him significant, debilitating weakness in his throwing arm.  But you are right, Manning doesn't deserve the award.  In fact, we should give the MVP to Tom Brady, and while we are at it give man of the century to a bostonian. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkPatrol. Show SnarkPatrol's posts

Please tell me that is not you in your avatar.

That picture defines CREEPY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In my opinion they should run the score up every chance, every team. Teach our youth that winning means something and if you don't like it stop it.  If stats are manning s thing then go for it, come playoff time better be able to stand up on it.  Take 2001 rams, 2007 pats, manning s 1and dones etc.  

theres no mercy rule in football. If running the score up was accepted then we would not be having this thread. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

And where was Manning when he broke it? Warm and dry in the dome in Houston. He'll be spending January outdoors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

And where was Manning when he broke it? Warm and dry in the dome in Houston. He'll be spending January outdoors.

good news.  he's only played one game this year indoors.  Right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Number 51 was a pathetic defensive effort by the hopless Texans.

this is a prime example of why people can't stand Pats fans...how petty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

good news.  he's only played one game this year indoors.  Right?

Outdoors in January is slightly different from outdoors in the fall. Manning's record outdoors when the temperature is under 40 is bad. His record in sub freezing temperatures is even worse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"whaaaaaaaa.  And the colts Win!"    -> another lame entry from one of the most classless people I have run into on the Internet. 

All credit to Peyton Manning, the record is legit. I consider Peyton to be the best regular season quarterback of all time. Maybe Marino is in consideration also. 

Where Peyton falters is in the postseason, where he badly needs a couple more championships.

perfectly said....Regular Season = BEST. Post Season
    = NOT TOP 10

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I'd list all the reasons why everyone hates NYC fans but I want to finish before New Years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I'd list all the reasons why everyone hates NYC fans but I want to finish before New Years

well u hate the Giants and their fans cause we own you : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ha ha coming from the guy who owns nothing.  Hey did will give you tomorrow off? Can't be any need for a wheel and tire specialist on christmas eve.  Did you and dad get all the leaves raked?  Amazing how many there are on the island.  Hey if dad takes you to Disney take a look at all the trees that are off the island. Regular fall gold mine 

its people like you is the reason that nyers are hated world wide, and I have been world wide so I can comment. How about you, seen much? Oh yeah Cozumel, Disney and Spain with mom and dad.  Don't you have a fear not thread to take more beatings in?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

AGC - no pass allowed now.  Everyone here gloated to no end about Brady's record and none were rational enough to give Manning credit for his 2004 season at then. 

Its seems shallow to say such a thing now, 5 years later, since Brady lost the record.

I don't recall "gloating" as you put it.  Regardless, if you consider a fan base being happy a player on their team established a signficant NFL record, then you have gloated a heck of a lot more than Patriot fans!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Ha ha coming from the guy who owns nothing.  Hey did will give you tomorrow off? Can't be any need for a wheel and tire specialist on christmas eve.  Did you and dad get all the leaves raked?  Amazing how many there are on the island.  Hey if dad takes you to Disney take a look at all the trees that are off the island. Regular fall gold mine 

its people like you is the reason that nyers are hated world wide, and I have been world wide so I can comment. How about you, seen much? Oh yeah Cozumel, Disney and Spain with mom and dad.  Don't youave a fear not thread to take more beatings in?

ah Philly its touching the way I bring out the best in you...or what passes for ur best anyway. Wow u have been around the world and tho ur not from there u asked everyone in those many disparate places what they think of NYers...amazing...tell u what: next time ur in a place with an active volcano jump in...or maybe see if u can survive in the arctic on bread and water for a year or two...challenge urself Phillip challenge yourself!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

One other note AGC, no matter how hard we try to be objective.....

By suggesting that Ortiz should have won sportsman of the year,

I think David Ortiz is great, but Ortiz is a DH.  Ortiz he was 10th in AL MVP voting and didn't even earn a 1st or a 2nd place vote.  Manning has just broken the TD record, ... 

Using Ortiz was an example of a sports accomplishment most professional athletes strive to achieve - be part of a team which WINS a professional team championship.  MVP in the WS, mind you, being a big reason the Sox won it...  MVP was for regular season and Manning garners a lot of "regular season" kudos.  Talk to me when Manning is "instrumental" in getting his team to win a SB or a championship as many sportsman of the year recipients represent and not achieving stats, necessarily.  As for Ortiz being a DH, so what.  It is what he did as a player for that team to win that championship.  Manning broke a TD record and the fact he came back from FOUR neck surgeries is great, but, you make it like he should get sympathy votes for that alone.  I seem to recall Brady also suffered a potential career ending injury and we do not hear anyone say he should get an MVP award because he came back from that like we see folks talk about Manning's neck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

its people like you is the reason that nyers are hated world wide, and I have been world wide so I can comment. How about you, seen much? Oh yeah Cozumel, Disney and Spain with mom and dad.  Don't youave a fear not thread to take more beatings in?

ah Philly its touching the way I bring out the best in you...or what passes for ur best anyway. Wow u have been around the world and tho ur not from there u asked everyone in those many disparate places what they think of NYers...amazing...tell u what: next time ur in a place with an active volcano jump in...or maybe see if u can survive in the arctic on bread and water for a year or two...challenge urself Phillip challenge yourself!

You don't have to ask.  They tell me they were to ny and the city's nice but the people suck. You never hear them say that about Miami. Just ny. You never go off the island but you think you know all and see all. Your most likely going to be trolling a patriots web site on the Christmas break, talk about loser. Your pretty clueless but you go thinking your illusion. I'd hope you never breed but the way you act I don't think that's an issue. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady will always be greater than PM. Because if Brady came in on his abusing that female-trainer he would have ran up and kicked him right in that stupid Fetus Head of his.

You Dolt and Donkey fans can have the stat ho. We'll take the champion.

Sections
Shortcuts