Gomer the Quitter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Gomer the Quitter

Peyton's "legacy" took an enormous hit in my eyes due to his pathetic performance in the SB.  It's bad enough that his team got absolutely slaughtered and looked like they didn't belong, but the worst part was that he comitted the ultimate sin for a QB.  He quit.  He gave up.  He acknowldged defeat with a lot of time left.  Down 29-0 with most of the 3rd quarter yet to be played, he audibled to a draw play on a 3rd and 14 with the ball near midfield, and Seattle crowding the line.  Of course the play got stuffed and then they punted it away, along with any chances for a comeback.  The entire second half, Seattle was crowding the line and taking away Gomer's screen passes and dump-offs.  They essentially had 1 Safety deep (Thomas) for most of the game.  Deep shots were there to be taken for Gomer, especially in the second half when they were in a deep hole and needed points quickly.  But the coward chose to stay conservative and was afraid to throw deep, even down 36-0.  It was a pathetic display of cowardly play.  The guy is afraid to play to win.  Say what you will about Brady, but he never gives up.  Neither did Montana.  Or Favre, Unitas, Elway, etc.  Gomer ain't an all-time great.  No way.  He's a quitter and a coward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Gomer the Quitter

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peyton's "legacy" took an enormous hit in my eyes due to his pathetic performance in the SB.  It's bad enough that his team got absolutely slaughtered and looked like they didn't belong, but the worst part was that he comitted the ultimate sin for a QB.  He quit.  He gave up.  He acknowldged defeat with a lot of time left.  Down 29-0 with most of the 3rd quarter yet to be played, he audibled to a draw play on a 3rd and 14 with the ball near midfield, and Seattle crowding the line.  Of course the play got stuffed and then they punted it away, along with any chances for a comeback.  The entire second half, Seattle was crowding the line and taking away Gomer's screen passes and dump-offs.  They essentially had 1 Safety deep (Thomas) for most of the game.  Deep shots were there to be taken for Gomer, especially in the second half when they were in a deep hole and needed points quickly.  But the coward chose to stay conservative and was afraid to throw deep, even down 36-0.  It was a pathetic display of cowardly play.  The guy is afraid to play to win.  Say what you will about Brady, but he never gives up.  Neither did Montana.  Or Favre, Unitas, Elway, etc.  Gomer ain't an all-time great.  No way.  He's a quitter and a coward.

[/QUOTE]

VERY significantly it is NOT the first time. Check out his playoff games against us prior to the 4th and 2 debacle in 2006.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best thread of the year, IMO! Kudos to you sir!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  It's easy to say when it's true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

WHOOPS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WHOOPS!!!

[/QUOTE]

Great hand-eye!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

WHOOPS!!!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

Lets talk about this play.  Who's fault was this?  There have been a lot of people putting the balme on the center for hiking the at the wrong time, but when you watch the play the entire line goes at the same time the center snaps the ball.  Did the entire line make a mistake, or is this all on Manning?  I say it's Manning's fault...... but I'm biased! Lmao!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE 

WHOOPS!!!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

Lets talk about this play.  Who's fault was this?  There have been a lot of people putting the balme on the center for hiking the at the wrong time, but when you watch the play the entire line goes at the same time the center snaps the ball.  Did the entire line make a mistake, or is this all on Manning?  I say it's Manning's fault...... but I'm biased! Lmao!!

[/QUOTE]

You gotta put some on Manning. you script the first drive of every game. so you should know what plays you are running but dum bass manning wanted to go talk at the line.

half his fault half the centers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady would never give up compared to what Manning did...this is why irates me to no end when people make Manning out to be second coming of Christ...he couldn't shine Brady's shoes in terms of leadership and cloth ability in bigger games..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would say both Brady's and Gomie's last 2 SBs have been underwhelming where each has taken a serious hit.

[/QUOTE]

I would say BB's teams have taken their toll on TB's legacy, if there's a toll to be taken.

Most of people give TB credit for playing with ??????, as they should, so there is no hit for the GOAT.

Defense doesn't crap their collective pants in 06,07,11 then there would be no question at all who the MVP and GOAT is.

I would say, BB the non-defensive genius, has taken a bigger hit and deservedly so.  You don't put crappy D's out there year after year after year and get called genius.  NOPE!

The bend and break wind D, has got to go, this isn't 2004.

Oh, and I would say your probably the most ignorant moron on the planet.  YUP!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE 

WHOOPS!!!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

[/QUOTE]

You gotta put some on Manning. you script the first drive of every game. so you should know what plays you are running but dum bass manning wanted to go talk at the line.

half his fault half the centers

[/QUOTE]

i thnk he was yelling his infamous Omahaha BS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  And people on this board say I am obsessed with Manning.  You guys have a far worse problem than I.  Real or not, you'll latch onto ANYTHING that you believe MIGHT support your obsession. 

You guys need a new life. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

The Colts and Broncos fans must feel similarly to Pats fans with their HOF QB struggling or choking in their last 2 SBs, maybe it being the last SB they've seen as a pro.

It is what it is. 

Chasing stats and making it about you, never really works from the QB position, whether it be Marino, Favre, Gomer or Brady. It just doesn't seem to work.

[/QUOTE]

31st ranked  D.  Where did the genius go?   Worst pass D in SB history.  Nuff said!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  And people on this board say I am obsessed with Manning.  You guys have a far worse problem than I.  Real or not, you'll latch onto ANYTHING that you believe MIGHT support your obsession. 

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: We need a new life?? Tell us, Gomez...what are you doing on a Patriots' football forum in the off-season, reading our posts on Peyton?? Why do our criticisms upset you so?? Hmmm??

LOL!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I must say I was kind of stunned at the way Manning played, don't get me wrong, I thought they'd lose, but to lose like that? Some of those interceptions were terrible, especially the one where he was pressured...he should of never of thrown that ball..yet he did. If Brady had played for the Broncos in that Super Bowl at least the game would of been interesting, he's used to being pressured like that...he's used to his guy not getting open like that. The game would of been competitive - this just shows you how different these two are - Brady is the better player overall.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]
    Brady took an unnecessary Safety in SB 46 and then ran away on 1st down and tossed a pick for no reason to start the 4th, so really, he and Gomie have a ton in common.

There is no difference. Each is more concerned with stats than understanding the game.

[/QUOTE]

brady doesnt have 8 one and done's though...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Manning is the ultimate front runner.  He's great piling on the points against weak teams but can't manage adversity to save his life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

BB.  Coach and GM. Polian cannot hold a candle to BB the GM. Face it: NE had a better GM and coach as compared to Gomer.

If Gomer had a better GM and/or coach, face it, Gomer has home field in those years, he might win.

BB was brilliant, a legend as GM and coach to flip this franchise in the right direction, right on down to carrying Brady as the 4th QB in 2000.

BB.  Simply the best ever. The more time goes by, it will be realized.

[/QUOTE]

Manning had top 10 defenses multiple times and went one and done those years. his teams were not bad I posted all of this in a thread a while back.

no doubt BB has put good team around TB but PM has had a ton of talent to work with and has choked

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Manning's performance against Seattle was surprisingly poor.  I did not expect Denver to win but I don't think anyone could have anticipated the laying of that big an egg.  I don't know if he quit; I do know that if he is supposed to be in the GOAT conversation he should be expected to do better than what he did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: We need a new life?? Tell us, Gomez...what are you doing on a Patriots' football forum in the off-season, reading our posts on Peyton?? Why do our criticisms upset you so?? Hmmm??

LOL!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Cleansing Mr. Texas Pat, cleansing. 

Tell you what, it's hard work.  Some of you have very very stubborn stains. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Colts and Broncos fans must feel similarly to Pats fans with their HOF QB struggling or choking in their last 2 SBs, maybe it being the last SB they've seen as a pro.

It is what it is. 

Chasing stats and making it about you, never really works from the QB position, whether it be Marino, Favre, Gomer or Brady. It just doesn't seem to work.

[/QUOTE]

31st ranked  D.  Where did the genius go?   Worst pass D in SB history.  Nuff said!

[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with the truth. The D the last 6 years has been atrocious. Yes, Brady and the offense could have played better, but how can you argue with giving your D a lead late in the game and the D folding like a cheap suit? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I must say I was kind of stunned at the way Manning played, don't get me wrong, I thought they'd lose, but to lose like that? Some of those interceptions were terrible, especially the one where he was pressured...he should of never of thrown that ball..yet he did. If Brady had played for the Broncos in that Super Bowl at least the game would of been interesting, he's used to being pressured like that...he's used to his guy not getting open like that. The game would of been competitive - this just shows you how different these two are - Brady is the better player overall.

[/QUOTE]

Brady took an unnecessary Safety in SB 46 and then ran away on 1st down and tossed a pick for no reason to start the 4th, so really, he and Gomie have a ton in common.

There is no difference. Each is more concerned with stats than understanding the game.

[/QUOTE]

This is a prime example of how clueless you are regarding football...I'm talking maybe you shouldn't even be allowed to talk sports.

I've watched Brady's safety ten times - maybe more -there was no one open on that play, sorry, but it's true.

And I've watched that pick to gronk quite a few times too - Brady should of been sacked on that play - the fact that he wasn't was a testament to him. The pick itself essential equated to a punt anyway. In Super Bowl 46 Brady had the longest drive for a score in Super Bowl history...going something like 8 for 8 on that drive. If we had won the game Brady would of won the Super Bowl MVP easily - no contest - I'd be willing to say he was the best player on the field for both teams that day. The comparison of Manning, to Brady's play in those Super Bowls is ridiculous...absolutely absurd.

You are the worst fan this team has ever seen, in fact last night I said trolls on this board are less destructive than you, I take that back..trolls are better fans of this team than you. Fact.