Gonna be a long year.....OUR D STINKS!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Gonna be a long year.....OUR D STINKS!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Gonna be a long year.....OUR D STINKS!!!!!

Undecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Be careful or someone may call you an idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Say what you must but I consider myself a knowledgable and diehard fan whom is realistic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Can't really pronounce that until:

1. We start scheming.  I don't suppose you will claim scheming has no impact?

2. Some of our newer guys take the field.  Brace is actually showing promise, and we've yet to see Cunningham.

3. Our new guys get some real games under their belt.

Bodden's injury hurt us in the sense that a team needs 3 starting DB's nowadays, and now we have two.  That said, I think it's still too early to say they'll stink.  As I often say however, looking good in preseason is better than looking bad in preseason, and the D is not looking good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Now see, you completely misunderstood what I wrote. I clearly wrote SOMEONE, not me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Gonna be a long year.....OUR D STINKS!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Be careful or someone may call you an idiot.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

That's because he is. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

If you can't execute your base D what makes you think they will execute their
    "schemes"?  The D is getting beat on the same type of plays for the past three years:

Draws

Tight Ends Down the seams

No Push from the pocket

and the 2nd drive the giants stopped themselves more than the Patriots D

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Is that a russian troller?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Troll is abvious. Shut up and wait for the regular season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I agree.  The first team D looked lousy on the first drive.  They look horrible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

2 Words           PRE SEASON
    2 More             DUMB A.S.S.!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, it's just the preseason . . . too bad it looks so much like last postseason

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Gonna be a long year.....OUR D STINKS!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE]

It stunk last year and they did nothing about it in the offseason which is disappointing. I know there is no scheming etc in the pre season and people said wait till the season last year and the D was terrible culminating in the dreadful home playoff loss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

gonna be a long year with these fairweather fansCry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gonna be a long year.....OUR D STINKS!!!!! : Is that a russian troller?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

looks cuban

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just your breath blowing back in your face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

I can't wait for the season to start!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats1977. Show pats1977's posts

Dude, relax! The colts lost all of their preseason games, and people are still picking them to at least make it to the SB. The Pats were 2-2 in the preseason back in 07 (We all know what happened). Am I concerned about the defense? You bet!!! But name me a team that doesn't have a weakness somewhere? I just hope Cunningham doesn't land in IR. He has missed a lot of practice and didn't suite up at all for the preseason games. I still think it's too early to make predictions. It's not like we're the lions or the rams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I sure hope someone hands Burguess and Banta cain a map cause they looked pretty lost out there. Mayo didn't have the best time setting the edge either. the rest of the game when you got ross ventrone in there as a safety you can't judge a lot,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I agree ............BB and the braintrust had a year with out a salary cap to come up with a defense and this is the best they can do............The worst for this defense is the offense. We can't run the ball constantly to make people honor the run. We start going three and out and we will get embarressed.this defense will live and die by the offense. We start giving teams a short field and we are toast. This could be the worst defense we ave had here in 10-12 years. Guyton needs to go .end the project.....Mayo needs to play up to the standard...since he got hurt he hasn't been the same......the secondary is a complete joke.........starting a rookie and 2nd year player at corners........I hope the Colts miss there flight........after last night I have no expectations..........8-8 wouldn't surprise me at all.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another pink helmet opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Whatever it is, we have not seen a lot to give us hope or confidence in the preseason.  It would be nice to see some good plays, such as when the Giants D held the Pats at the goal line.  Stuffed them cold.  Would love to see the new D do that for us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

At least the roller coaster of opinions will (mercifully) be 16 games, unlike the Sox board where the pinkies proclaim the Sox world series champs on Tuesday when they beat the Yanks and call for Theo's resignation on Wedneday when they lose to the Orioles. 

This Pats team will have some struggles on D. The influx of young guys and the loss of a few key vets virtually guarantees that the Pats will struggle some weeks defensively.  Butler, McCourty, Brace, Spikes and others may look overmatched and lost from time to time.  It's gonna happen.  It's part of the game -- young guys struggle at times.     

See it for what it is.  This team had to turn over the roster at some point.  This team is in transition, and we should be thankful that they'll be competitive while undergoing a rebuilding, retooling or reloading process -- whatever you care to call it. 

I simply cannot take 16 weeks of flip flopping from the fair weather fans.