Gonna be like 2007 - All new WR group

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Gonna be like 2007 - All new WR group

So Lloyd, and Welker are gone, anyone think they bring back Branch? Emmanuel Sanders still might be signed.

Wow.

I hope they get a big 6'5 WR in the draft or another big mobile 6'6 TE.

Brady gonna have hos work cut out getting all the timing worked out with these new guys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Gonna be like 2007 - All new WR group

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

So Lloyd, and Welker are gone, anyone think they bring back Branch? Emmanuel Sanders still might be signed.

Wow.

I hope they get a big 6'5 WR in the draft or another big mobile 6'6 TE.

Brady gonna have hos work cut out getting all the timing worked out with these new guys

Who is the Randy Moss among this group of K Mart WRs? Are you sure this will not be 2006 instead?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

K Mart WRs?

sounds like a whine

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

K Mart WRs?

sounds like a whine

Your comparison of the incoming WR corp to 2007 sounds like a fantasy and wishful thinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

K Mart WRs?

sounds like a whine

=Your comparison to 2007 sounds like a fantasy and wishful thinking.

You don't trust BB? The guys we had last year weren't that stellar.

Welker, Lloyd, Branch, and what's his name, and who else did we have?

oh yeah picked up Stallworth, and he got injured his first game

c'mon be real

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Who picked the grocery and was the chef last year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Don't forget this guy Kansas,

Andre Holmes. We know this much about Holmes: he's long and fast, and that's something the Patriots don't have much of in their receiver group right now. He's built like an "X" and is a player we look forward to seeing on the field. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4740964/wr-snapshot-six-under-contract

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4738119/holmes-height-helps-in-preparation

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81ea9e47/2011-combine-workout-Andre-Holmes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Andre Holmes. We know this much about Holmes: he's long and fast, and that's something the Patriots don't have much of in their receiver group right now. He's built like an "X" and is a player we look forward to seeing on the field. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4740964/wr-snapshot-six-under-contract

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4738119/holmes-height-helps-in-preparation

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81ea9e47/2011-combine-workout-Andre-Holmes

Yes, someone who did not survive practice squads in 2 different teams and never played a NFL snap. A saviour in waiting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Yes, someone who did not survive practice squads in 2 different tewams and nver played a NFL snap.

More negativity. What a shocker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

More negativity. What a shocker.

You look for positivity and salvation from Andre Holmes?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hate to say it Kansas but Nomad's right. BB had a great WR year in 07' but aside from that hasn't been all that stellar at picking WR's.

Now I'm hoping it's closer to 07' then 06' but there are some major question marks:

• Amendola, can he stay healthy?
    • Jones, is another health question mark and was #2 on a bad WR core
    • Sanders, hasn't even been signed yet and was a #3 WR

Now they have potential

• Amendola is younger and provides more of an outside threat then Welker which could result in a wash
    • Jones is quicker and younger version of Branch so that should be an upgrade
    • Sanders would be a younger and better YAC then Lloyd which should be an upgrade

Provided health and they live up to their potential they should be an upgrade to last years core but nether is gauranteed at this point and we haven't even signed Sanders yet. Lets hold of comparing them to the 07' team which had a top 5 WR of all time on it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yes, someone who did not survive practice squads in 2 different teams and never played a NFL snap. A saviour in waiting.

Nah, just someone to watch for, you never know. It seems you are unhappy with the moves. I choose to be upbeat. There is more to come like those trade rumblings we heard about yesterday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Nomad... Don't you know these players are possible Hall of Fame inductees?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Nah, just someone to watch for, you never know. It seems you are unhappy with the moves. I choose to be upbeat. There is more to come like those trade rumblings we heard about yesterday.

I am not happy with the restructing. When the Pats was one play away from winning the SB last year, and lost in the AFC Championship this year, why gamble with this radical wholesale overhaul of the WR corp instead of trying to bring some improvemnts to it? Will Brady's effectiveness be significantly impacted by having to adjust to a totally new WR corp he has never worked with? It is not like the window of opportunity to have Brady around will be there forever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I am. When the Pats was one play away from winning the SB last year, and lost in the AFC Championship this year, why gamble with this radical wholesale overhaul of the WR corp instead of trying to bring some improvemnts to it? Will Brady's effectiveness be significantly impacted by having to adjust to a totally new WR corp he has never worked with? It is not like the window of opportunity to have Brady around will be there forever.

Stop talking sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

K Mart WRs?

sounds like a whine

=Your comparison to 2007 sounds like a fantasy and wishful thinking.

You don't trust BB? The guys we had last year weren't that stellar.

Welker, Lloyd, Branch, and what's his name, and who else did we have?

oh yeah picked up Stallworth, and he got injured his first game

c'mon be real

Maybe thats why he doesnt trust BB...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Umm, the point of the OP is that the receiver group in 2013 will be a complete do-over from the one in 2012

Old players out. New players in

Just like the '07 group was a revamp from '06

The OP is not suggesting Amendola/Jones/Sanders = Welker/Moss/Stallworth

The first response above took this thread in an unintended direction

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm sure there will be more developments at the position before free agency and the draft end, but i the big receiver that everyone wants is probably already on the roster: Hernandez.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

i'm sure there will be more developments at the position before free agency and the draft end, but i the big receiver that everyone wants is probably already on the roster: Hernandez.

Hern is 6'1...also not that fast.

A lot of people want that big fast 6'4 WR...which is pretty unrealistic when you consider our draft position

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Looks to me like the Pats are going short game next in an explosive way. Riddy, Vereen, Gronk, Herndanz, will see a lot more action this year. Wouldn't at all be surptrised to see them go offense TE, RB, WR in the draft. Young and fast.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

right. we all want a calvin johnson. but there arent that many of those guys out there and BB hasnt generally targeted them. i think having hernandez as a longer guy who can play outside the numbers sometimes made them feel comfortable with smaller WR's last year and probably will again this year.

personally i'd be curious about heyward-bey on short money, but i havent heard his name mentioned anywhere at all.

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to artielang's comment:

Hern is 6'1...also not that fast.

A lot of people want that big fast 6'4 WR...which is pretty unrealistic when you consider our draft position

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, I wish the Pats had that 2007 WR core here for this season.

Yes, the only part of this that is the same so far is the whole new WR angle.

Not liking or feeling good about what is going on in this position as of right now.  TFB probably isn't too happy at the moment. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Umm, the point of the OP is that the receiver group in 2013 will be a complete do-over from the one in 2012

Old players out. New players in

Just like the '07 group was a revamp from '06

The OP is not suggesting Amendola/Jones/Sanders = Welker/Moss/Stallworth

The first response above took this thread in an unintended direction

Thanks Ache for clarifying what I stated. Some of these guys will find negativity in anything

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Thanks Ache for clarifying what I stated. Some of these guys will find negativity in anything

Then why did you not cite 2006 as your reference point, when there was pretty much a complete overhaul of the receiving corp as well? Whether the next season will turn out to be like the diastrous 2006 season or the extraordinary successful and record setting 2007 season still remains to be seen.

Sections
Shortcuts