Gonna be like 2007 - All new WR group

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Gonna be like 2007 - All new WR group

In response to nomadfan's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Thanks Ache for clarifying what I stated. Some of these guys will find negativity in anything

Then why not cite 2006 as your reference point, when there was pretty much a complete overhaul of the receiving corp as well.

I know, the thread title could have been better.  It can been taken both ways.  I think everyone is on edge around here right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the extraordinary successful and record setting 2007 season still remains to be seen.

Is that what you thought is was? Do you remember we got beat in the SB with that great 2007 WR corps, and that's when our defense was top rate

heck if our defense wouldn't have had a melt down against the dolts in 2006 AFCCG, that 2006 WR corp probably would have been good enough to beat da Bearsin the SB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

We are a couple pieces away from an scary WR corp... hopefully sanders, Edelman and a #2 draft pick come to town.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

the extraordinary successful and record setting 2007 season still remains to be seen.

Is that what you thought is was? Do you remember we got beat in the SB with that great 2007 WR corps, and that's when our defense was top rate

heck if our defense wouldn't have had a melt down against the dolts in 2006 AFCCG, that 2006 WR corp probably would have been good enough to beat da Bearsin the SB

Yes, the entire 2007 season should be judged by a freak catch by Tyree. And we'll see whether the 2013 WR corp will do better than Caldwell and the 2006 corp. God help us if that all they can do. But I am glad that you feel satisfied with the low bar that they are comparable to 2006. And the 2006 team , with the deer in the headlight WRs,  got beat by the Indy, whether they can beat the Bear later are just conjecture. If 2006 was so good, there would not have been another totally revamped 2007 version of WR.

The Pats narrowly lost last year in the SB, and was the number 2 seed this year but lost in the AFC championship. Why does it need a complete overhaul instead of some incremental improvement? The diminishing window of opportunity while the team still have Brady cannot and should not be compromised by an experiment stemming from BB's ego or the club's obessession of getting everyone on the cheap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

We are a couple pieces away from an scary WR corp... hopefully sanders, Edelman and a #2 draft pick come to town.

Nomad doesn't think so, poor guy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Nomad doesn't think so, poor guy

Have they signed Edelman?  Did you not just dismiss Edelman's possible contributions in the Edelman to 49er thread?

Sanders , a number 3, primarily slot receiver, had 44 receptions and 2 fumbles last year.  I am sure all the other NFL team are trembling in fear with these acquistions.  With no WRs the other teams fear, they can jam up the middle to counter the TEs.

Just don't post in mid season bemoaning the lack of offense production because Brady cannot get on the same page with the new receivers or that they could not learn the playbooks.  It is not always champagne when BB pees down your throat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Scary to whom? Opposing team or our defense and the fans?

The Pats does not have the #2 pick. If you mean a second round draft pick, think Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson. What in BB's history of drafting WR give you ground to make that statement?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Umm, the point of the OP is that the receiver group in 2013 will be a complete do-over from the one in 2012

Old players out. New players in

Just like the '07 group was a revamp from '06

The OP is not suggesting Amendola/Jones/Sanders = Welker/Moss/Stallworth

The first response above took this thread in an unintended direction

Thanks Ache for clarifying what I stated. Some of these guys will find negativity in anything

No problem

He was picking an argument with you about a point you werent even making lol

Just thought I'd point it out

Peace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I can't see 2007.  More like 2006.  However, I consider 2006 to be Brady's finest season ever.  He did so much with so little.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Classic, was that after the super bowl where WW had the infamous drop? or this year after the loss tot he Crows in the AFCCG?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Guys just think how exciting the offense could possibly though! We have 2 new recievers, 3 if we go through with Sanders. Theyre all unknowns on our offenses so you dont know what kind of impact they would have on it. Think about it. Amendolas quarterback was Bradford, Jones was Fritzgerald, and Sanders was Big Ben. None of them are Tom Brady. Theyll most likely thrive with the opportunity our system gives them. They all had good production for their teams so it has to atleast suggest that theyll do good here. Also their all young with would also bode better for us. We wont have someone like Branch, Lloyd, Galloway, or another post 30 reciever on the field. These guys have energy and are hungry. With that being said I genuinely think Jones will surprise us the most. We have lower expectations on him than the other 2 and i really think hell be a good addition to the club.

I agree, though it's also possible they won't all get through camp. I suspect by the time camp starts there will be three or four more guys in the mix.  Hopefully, they do more to get a solid group of wideouts than they did last year, when we started the season with just four on the roster I believe.

I would not mind them using a high pick on a receiver this year.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Who picked the grocery and was the chef last year?

What's your point? They scored the second most points in league history I believe. Whoever picked the offense did a fine job. I trust that guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

I don't think the WR core is a finished product by any means yet.

One of the signings I am interested in is Donald Jones, Pats have probably watched every single one of his plays on film and see potentional, I like these inter-division signings. I wouldn't be surprised if he panned out and was a decent player for us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Who picked the grocery and was the chef last year?

What's your point? They scored the second most points in league history I believe. Whoever picked the offense did a fine job. I trust that guy.

If you followed the discussions, you would have noticed that my statement was in response to :

" You don't trust BB? The guys we had last year weren't that stellar.

Welker, Lloyd, Branch, and what's his name, and who else did we have?

oh yeah picked up Stallworth, and he got injured his first game

c'mon be real"

And you also would have noted that I have said the Pats was one play away frpm winning the SB a year ago, and last year only lost in the AFC Championship. The offense was not so bad that BB should dismantle the whole WR corp and gave Brady an entirely new group of WR he had never worked with before for next season.  The offense needed some improvment, but BB may be wasting the smaller and smaller window of opportunity when Brady is already 36 years old by throwing him an experiment that might not work, and say we'll try something else in 2014.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Guys just think how exciting the offense could possibly though! We have 2 new recievers, 3 if we go through with Sanders. Theyre all unknowns on our offenses so you dont know what kind of impact they would have on it. Think about it. Amendolas quarterback was Bradford, Jones was Fritzgerald, and Sanders was Big Ben. None of them are Tom Brady. Theyll most likely thrive with the opportunity our system gives them. They all had good production for their teams so it has to atleast suggest that theyll do good here. Also their all young with would also bode better for us. We wont have someone like Branch, Lloyd, Galloway, or another post 30 reciever on the field. These guys have energy and are hungry. With that being said I genuinely think Jones will surprise us the most. We have lower expectations on him than the other 2 and i really think hell be a good addition to the club.

Great viewpoint

Sections
Shortcuts