Gonzalez: Greatest TE Ever??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Gonzalez: Greatest TE Ever??

just a general football question...has i believe 400 more receptions than second on list and multiple all-pro...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Gonzalez: Greatest TE Ever??

hes definitely among the best ever...no doubt about that. i wanted to see him get to the super bowl, but at least moss gets a chance to win one now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

There is no doubt.  Gonzalez was an incredible TE and many of his great years he didn't have any help in KC.

he is by far the best - can't imagine anyone mounting an effective argument against him being the best ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

There is no doubt.  Gonzalez was an incredible TE and many of his great years he didn't have any help in KC.

he is by far the best - can't imagine anyone mounting an effective argument against him being the best ever.

i think i have to agree with you...shame he never got further in the playoffs because i think he is a bit overlooked without that exposure

but real football fans and his peers also agree with you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, probably so.  The Dan Marino of TE's.  He deserved to have at least one Championship team.  He is amazing, glad to see him get a playoff win before hanging up the cleats.  I still think he could play another year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think the modern sports media has created an almost unfair way to judge players - namely "did they ever win a championship?"

It's not really fair.

Some great players have toiled on bad teams.  Gonzalez is one.  Another great TE Ozzie Newsome is another.

Dan Fouts was always a guy who I thought was as good as any QB I've ever seen.  That doesn't change because the San Diego defense couldn't stop anyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think he's at least the second best or maybe the third depending on how well Gronk plays in the future,I kind of lean towards John Mackey as being the best TE ever. However Apples and Oranges! Others who rank up there near the top include Gates,Winslow SR.,Newsome,Francis and even Ditka to an extent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I think he's at least the second best or maybe the third depending on how well Gronk plays in the future,I kind of lean towards John Mackey as being the best TE ever. However Apples and Oranges! Others who rank up there near the top include Gates,Winslow SR.,Newsome,Francis and even Ditka to an extent.

Don't forget Dave Casper.  That guy was a monster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

No way it's Gronk! Have you seen him in the playoffs! No really have you! Can somebody help me where he's been? Oh injured again when it counts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to wasecl's comment:

No way it's Gronk! Have you seen him in the playoffs! No really have you! Can somebody help me where he's been? Oh injured again when it counts.

I am a huge critic of Hollywood Gronk.  Didn't like his party boy antics post superbowl and hated his off season celebrity moves.

BUT - it is not his fault he didn't play today.

He should not have played against Miami or Houston.  That's on the coach.

Any other coach would be grilled on that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I am a huge critic of Hollywood Gronk.  Didn't like his party boy antics post superbowl and hated his off season celebrity moves.

BUT - it is not his fault he didn't play today.

He should not have played against Miami or Houston.  That's on the coach.

Any other coach would be grilled on that. 

They were trying home field adv but that was useless. He didn't get injured in those games so no harm. A broken forearm is IR so not putting him on long ago is surprising.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They were trying home field adv but that was useless. He didn't get injured in those games so no harm. A broken forearm is IR so not putting him on long ago is surprising.

He re-broke the arm against Houston.

Two more weeks of healing may have had him in todays game.

Oh well.  Bellicheck will NEVER be asked about it.

Sections
Shortcuts