Good Article by Callahan in the herald on the overrated "Big Ben"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Good Article by Callahan in the herald on the overrated "Big Ben"

I posted this earlier on in the week. 

Putting Roethlisberger in the same conversation as either Peyton or Tom is an insult to both QBs. Roethlisberger is a rapist with no real talent except the fact that he's about the same size as a gorilla and looks like one too. 

Big Ben in SBs = 30-52 379 yards 1TD - 3 INTs
    Tom in his first 2 SBs = 48-75 499 yards 4TDs - 1INT
    Tom in SB play = 101 - 156 1,001 yards 7TDs - 1 INT
    Peyton in SB play = 56-83 580 yards 2TDs - 2 INTs

We all know Peyton isn't a great clutch QB, but his regular season stats make him one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. Don't ever mention that raping thug in the same breath as Tom or Peyton. 

I stand by it. Roethlisberger is a joke. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamDestruction. Show TeamDestruction's posts

Didn't Ben win a Super Bowl with like a Passer rating of like 22.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ben is winning the big dance because the Steelers, arguably, have the best defense and DC in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Good Article by Callahan in the herald on the overrated "Big Ben":
    [QUOTE]Ben is winning the big dance because the Steelers, arguably, have the best defense and DC in the NFL.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    Without that Steelers D, Big Ben wouldn't be able to do what he does.  Can you imagine if Brady still had the strong D from the SB years intact through the decade?  He wouldn't be stuck at 3 rings as the D let him down in SB42.

The media and talking heads are havng a field day and love affair about Big Ben and how so many are actually picking him over Brady if their team needs a 2 minute closing drive.  What they forget is Brady, inthe Jets loss has all sorts of time to pass, but, no receivers were open.  Between the two, if both have the same amount of time to pass, Brady would run circles around Big Ben.  No one, though, will claim Brady can run better than him.  Manning, Brees and Brady are in the same mold, they are PASSERS first.  Ben simply uses his size to survive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He is a despicable human being according to those who cover the NFL.  I've heard (by Pittsburgh media) and read bad things about him beyond the two sexual assault charges.  He also happens to be a better QB than a lot of people give him credit for, and people want to downplay how good he is because of his off the field antics and because people are hesitant to share the pedestal that Brady and Manning sit atop.  Roethlisberger is a polarizing figure, and one that I cannot pull for, but it takes more than defense and a running game to win as much as the Steelers have. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Retro-P. Show Retro-P's posts

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3626_Bloom_is_off_the_Brady_rose.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

1.Brady
    2.Manning
    3.Brees
    4.Rodgers
    5.Rivers
    6.Roethlisburger
    7.Ryan
    8.Schaub
    9.Flacco
    10.Bradford

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

only tmz i mean espn is talking this stuff about big ben being in manning and brady status.  change the channel.  I stopped watching espn about a year ago, to much tmz for my taste.  I check out nfl live now and then but thats about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Big Ben is not in Brady or Manning's league yet...guy is still only 28 though.  Brady didnt have a great statistical season until 30.

He reminds me of a younger brady in a sense that he just gets the job done

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Good Article by Callahan in the herald on the overrated "Big Ben":
    [QUOTE]1.Brady 2.Manning 3.Brees 4.Rodgers 5.Rivers 6.Roethlisburger 7.Ryan 8.Schaub 9.Flacco 10.Bradford
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

I agree for the most part...i would still put romo ahead of flacco and bradford tho...maybe even schaub.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

If he wins a 3rd Super Bowl, got to give the guy his props (as a football player). Yes, Pittsburgh has had good defenses, so have other teams, like the Ravens. But 3 Super Bowls in 6 years is a hell of an accomplishment (if they win), and QB is still the most important position on the field.

He belongs in the top tier, as far as I'm concerned. He may not have the best stats or mechanics, but he makes plays...winning plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Isn't the phrase "good article by Callahan" an oxymoron??

And Ben did have a whopping 35.5 rating in last week's AFC Championship Game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Big Ben is hard to bring down. He has 2 rings and if he gets a third then he's there with Brady speak. Rings count, rings matter. A bad QB gives the Superbowl up, see Rex Grossman. Big Ben didn't play great maybe but he didnt give them away.  Big Ben made a clutch play to holmes and the rest is history. Bradshaw has 4 rings and is in great QB speak, look up his stats. I hate the Steelers as much as the Ravens and Chargers but 3 rings and 2 in 3 years earns points on Philskiw1 Island.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't the phrase "good article by Callahan" an oxymoron?? And Ben did have a whopping 35.5 rating in last week's AFC Championship Game.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

But when Pitt needed a first down to salt the game away, did Ben not make a play against a very good Jets D? Isn't that what big-time QB's are supposed to do?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Article by Callahan in the herald on the overrated "Big Ben" : Hey hey! Where's ELI????
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

You mean the QB who committed over 30 turnovers this season??!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Ben win a Super Bowl with like a Passer rating of like 22.
    Posted by TeamDestruction[/QUOTE]

Yup

Brady might not have been a world-beater, but he didn't do as much to dig a hole for his team as Roethlisberger has

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All in all, when you look at the QBs of the SB winning teams, you have those who were very much responsible for their team winning the game and there are those who didn't keep their team from winning in spite of their play, which may be the place to have Big Ben.  Like it or not, they seem to get that praise as being the reason for their team winning.  Some QBs have the good fortune to be on a team filled with All-Pros while others have a group of skilled journeyman who worked well together.  People point out that Bradshaw and Montana, for example, were on teams with numerous All-Pro players on the roster and future HoFers.  While others point to Brady as one who may the only HoF player on those Patriot SB winning teams outside of Vinateri.  Looking around the entire league there are many, many players, all future HoFers, who have only one ring to show for it.  Look at Ray Lewis, for all his defensive prowess and the reputations the Ravens have had for their great D, one ring to show for it and it was won way back in 2000!  People here and elsewhere pound on Brady and the Pats for not having won a SB since 2005?  It just goes to show that a team needs to have the proper good fortune and confluence of events to be standing tall at the end of the SB game.  As Pats fans we all point to what is now considered the greatest play in SB history having to happen in the game in which if the Pats won would have been 19 - 0 and Brady have 4 rings to his credit.

If my mind recalls, Brady led late game drives in all three SB wins to put the Pats in position to win.  Big Ben did that the last game out for Pitt.  It all depends on how those games were won and what impact the QB had in that game.  IE - Was Eli Manning REALLY the MVP for the Giants in SB42?  It was their defense..  No D, no Giants SB win.  Them's the breaks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

look its about winning.. if he wins 3, he is a distant third but still THIRD! not putting anyone ahead of a guy with 3 rings... period! esp if he is mvp!

bb is in a real slump... now has lost his last 2 post-season GAMES! we better win a pre-season game or two or who knows where this will end! Tongue out