Good article on Talib....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Good article on Talib....

Although we must remain cautiously optimistic this got me excited....

espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4733647/talib-has-the-talent-to-be-shutdown-cb

Boner achieved: )

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Good article on Talib....

Even though I think Dmac makes a better free safety then Gregory or anyone else they want to put there I still think Him and Talib on the outside with Dennard in the slot sounds pretty awesome..

Putting 32 out there with another stud should help easse alot of the pressure and make him elevate his own play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Good link...thanks!

As for Talib...I hope that BB leaves him to play to his strengths.  Forcing him into a zone role where he's not as competent is not a good way to get him to feel involved and productive.  The good thing is...when BB knew he had a guy who could play man and just do his job, he left him alone.  The guy was of course, Ty Law.  Law barked about playing zone coverage...BB and co. then let him do his thing and he did the job without issue.

I'm really hoping the coaching staff lets Talib play the way he's most productive and comfortable...ie, man/press coverage.  If we have him do that, it'll be amazing how much more effective our sometimes "lackluster" pass rush can be.  WR not getting to their spot in time will cause an extra moment of pause before the ball is thrown.

This has the potential to be a steal...but if the hard-headed coaching doesn't adjust, we're sunk.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

look for BB to mix it up but play alot of zone the rest of the year, then unleash the pressure man to man D in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Say what you want but if this guy cleans up his off the field stuff this will absolutely be a steal. He is 26 with a boatload of potential still.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts