Good Article on The New 2010 Pats Offense!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good Article on The New 2010 Pats Offense!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/19568/patriots-o-moved-away-from-randy-moss

I especially like the part about the Pats run the TWO TE set more then any team in the league. As well as Tom Brady is completing over 72% of his passes for 5 tds out of the 2 TE set!

Looks like Brady's favorite receiver has just came back.....The Open Receiver!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Re: Good Article on The New 2010 Pats Offense!

I saw this yesterday. Good piece. That geek picked the Jets and Dolphins to finish ahead of NE, and now he's rethinking his choice, I bet.

I hope the Jets enjoyed their Week 2 gift.

That little "issue" of ours is now gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

A bump for Bubbainhawai, and anybody else. The Pats offense changed before we traded Moss and now it will really flourish. Randy Moss did not fit in our new offense. It is a crazy thing to say but I think it is true. The spread is dead baby! 2 TE SET = The New England Way!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

It's the return of two great players Dink and Dunk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hey True Champ you should put that in your signature...

" Looks like Brady's favorite receiver has just came back.....The Open Receiver! "

Thats probably going to make the homepage of boston.com sports

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

and you just did!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Good Article on The New 2010 Pats Offense!:
    [QUOTE]Hey True Champ you should put that in your signature... " Looks like Brady's favorite receiver has just came back.....The Open Receiver! " Thats probably going to make the homepage of boston.com sports
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Good Call Dude!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yessir

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It always seemed Tom was more clutch in this type of offense. Take it down the field, a bit at a time.The 60 yard bombs can wait until the last play of the game (or half) as far as I'm concerned. I think BB had some sort of plan. Make the move before any distractions start, and keep him away from fat-boy Rex! Or the Fins for that matter. Even Henne might look decent with Moss and Marshall on either side! Back to basics. That's how they won those three Lombardis. I'm optimistic. Hell, they put up 41 without Moss getting a catch. I'm sure Tom will be fine, if not happy about it at first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You guys are dreaming if you think the spread is dead in NE.  We will continue to air it out with Tom in the shotgun and at least 3 receivers split out because we can and no one will stop us. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mighty that was more for effect but read the article. We are using the 2 TE set almost twice as much as last year and use it more then any other team in the league. This style offense does not suit Moss's deep routes very well and he has never been stellar going across the middle. Of course we will mix it up but our offensive philosophy has finally changed. The last qtr of 2007 till the end of 2009 good teams figured out how to counter our offense. They will no longer have that option. When a team led by Tom Brady can run the ball that team becomes the most dangerous in the league. We could not effectively run out of the spread formation and when we changed to a run formation EVERYBODY knew it was a run. I know you have conjured up some strange idea that Weiss was not a good OC and that we were punt punt punt but Weiss used the 2TE set a lot and it allowed him to become unpredictable, which is why a team with a scrawny QB and a bunch of midget receivers won 3 SB's!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

How many of those "two tight end" sets have come with Hernandez split out?

Don't get me wrong, I know we've pounded the ball with success this year, but I don't think this offense has been any different, or will be any different, from what it has been for a long time - versatile.  We're capabable of going shotgun spread, 3 wide, or power as we please depending on the strengths and weaknesses of our opponent.  Moss made all of our formations much more dangerous - until he stabbed us in the back just 2 years into his contract.  F*CK YOU MOSS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Good Article on The New 2010 Pats Offense!:
    [QUOTE]Hey True Champ you should put that in your signature... " Looks like Brady's favorite receiver has just came back.....The Open Receiver! " Thats probably going to make the homepage of boston.com sports
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Talk about instant karma... not suprising though, the writers here and locally haven't had an original idea in a long time.  They wait until an opinion forms here that they can agree with, then they run with it.  The Pats offense was always more dangerous when they didn't have a go to guy...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

"The Pats offense was always more dangerous when they didn't have a go to guy... "  but when they did have a bruiser1000 yd RB

Sections
Shortcuts