Good Bad win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Good Bad win

Honestly, part of me was hoping for a sloppy game from the offense. I always worry a bit about teams getting too high on themselves if things go too well for a long time.

I feel better about this team coming into HOU after a bad game than another great game.

Was also encouraged by the final drive and the defensive play. Wouldn't say the defense played great just because Tannehill missed some pretty easy throws, but it was good enough. They played good, but not great.

Oline needs to get healthy though. Definitely can't beat SF with this Oline, MAYBE Hou.

Hopefully the Edelman injury isn't too serious 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Good Bad win

LOL.  So any time the game is close it's a bad win?  Man people on this board spoiled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Miami has a good D. I think they played good and wore down that defense. You could see they planned on running the ball in the 2nd half and were pretty effective. I'm pretty happy with this. If we brought that same game to the Superbowl last year we would have won.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Offense struggled by their standards and the defense held a team to 16.  That's a step in the right direction.  Get back Gronk and you won't be able to slow this offense dodid for long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

LOL.  So any time the game is close it's a bad win?  Man people on this board spoiled.

Did the offense look like it was in rhythm at all? Brady had a pretty bad game against the 25th ranked passed defense. Really only two good drives in the game. That won't beat most good teams

Maybe I should rephrase and say an "ugly win"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In the division, on the road to win the afc east.

Great win!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Any win is a great win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

A W is a W! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Holy s**t!  Can't a win come with satisfaction the Pats won without this over-analysis of the game?  Seems when Atlanta wins close games, the pundits call it: "Knowing how to win the game."  For Pats' fans, it is about: "Did we blow them out, if not, there is something wrong with the Pats and Brady!"  Not all games will be easy and this was a win IN Miami, a place the Pats struggle a lot.  Take it and run!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

A lot of close games this week.

Biggest margin thus far was JAX and BUF. Who wouldve thought!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Holy s**t!  Can't a win come with satisfaction the Pats won without this over-analysis of the game?  Seems when Atlanta wins close games, the pundits call it: "Knowing how to win the game."  For Pats' fans, it is about: "Did we blow them out, if not, there is something wrong with the Pats and Brady!"  Not all games will be easy and this was a win IN Miami, a place the Pats struggle a lot.  Take it and run!

Seems like when ATL wins close everyone is saying that they'll probably be one and done

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I have to agree. People can't expect perfection every single week, as nice as it would be. We (patriots fans) in general are just spoiled. 

I'm not going to complain about a win...it's not like we won 23-21  on a gift from God interception or something of that sort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Seems like everyone misinterprets what I said.

First: Topic title was "good bad win". Insinuating that I still thought it was a good win.

Second: I said i was somewhat relieved about the offense struggling a bit. Just means BB will only drive them into the ground harder, and hopefully they come out playing even better against HOU.

I did not like the injuries though. Oline health is starting to become a huge concern for me. Edelman getting hurt leaves us very thin at the WR position

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It was a good win, it's hard to win in the NFL. Miami is always tough. We need Gronk back, the offense isn't the same without the best tight end in the league. The defense stepped up for the most part. This was a nice win, it's the kind of game they lost earlier in the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Any win is a good win.  We didn't play our best game obviously, but we played well enough to win on the road against a team that always seems to give us a tough time.  Good teams are suppose to win these ugly games where they play bad and we did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good win, saw some decent things on defense (albeit against a awfull offense), but good things none the less. Offense played pretty sloppy for most of the game, but was able to pound it on that last drive and put the game away...not bad considering Miami has a good defense and were playing for their lives.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Great win! Pats have never beaten the Fins there in Dec under Bill and Brady. It was the kind of game I was expecting to be honest. Now I just saw a thred about Julian in a boot and crutches after the game. I don't like that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Takes a lot to win in the NFL. It was a very possible trap game so as always I'll take a win anyway it happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:

Miami has a good D. I think they played good and wore down that defense. You could see they planned on running the ball in the 2nd half and were pretty effective. I'm pretty happy with this. If we brought that same game to the Superbowl last year we would have won.

Dolphins run D is top notch.  Mebbe if we meet the Giants again, we can win and Patriots can get that monkey off their back

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's never easy with only 2 targets (Hernandez and Welker), no running game till the final drive, three first down holding penalties and a Swiss cheese O line.

Other then that it was a great game.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'd like NOTHING BETTER than to meet up with the Giants in the SB.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In the division, on the road to win the afc east.

Great win!!!

I agree!

Plus, we can't expect a win like the Jets win every week.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Psychologically speaking, this is just what the doctor odered.

Like you said, this brings them back down to earth a little, and gives BB something to scream about during practice.

As for Eddleman, the kid is always injured. Not surprised.

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Honestly, part of me was hoping for a sloppy game from the offense. I always worry a bit about teams getting too high on themselves if things go too well for a long time.

I feel better about this team coming into HOU after a bad game than another great game.

Was also encouraged by the final drive and the defensive play. Wouldn't say the defense played great just because Tannehill missed some pretty easy throws, but it was good enough. They played good, but not great.

Oline needs to get healthy though. Definitely can't beat SF with this Oline, MAYBE Hou.

Hopefully the Edelman injury isn't too serious 

Sections
Shortcuts