good bye Julian, hello Wes??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: good bye Julian, hello Wes??

“Larry Bird’s not walking through that door, fans. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door, and Robert Parish is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through the door, they’re going to be grey and old.

Add the concussion Kid to that list....Don't need him, Don't WANT him !!!!!

Fragile handle with care

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

“Larry Bird’s not walking through that door, fans. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door, and Robert Parish is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through the door, they’re going to be grey and old.

Add the concussion Kid to that list....Don't need him, Don't WANT him !!!!!

AMEN. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

Don't see Wes coming back, Wes couldn't keep his mouth shut about how BB picked on him, plus they thought he was on the decline and now with 2 concussions he will be out more. I agree I don't see him in a Bronco's jersey either. I know I'm in the minority but I don't think Amendola was a bad signing, if the Pats this year didn't have so many new players then I believe things with Amendola would have been different. What TB has been able to do with mostly new young players is just unbelievable!! Wes' career is probably close to being over His greed has come back to bite him in the as#! If he took money PATS offered him before last season then most likely he wouldnt have 2 concussions and risk having to wear the diapers he did commercial for!!! Hope his wife knows how to change them and his plugs are paid for. I always loved Wes and hope he is smart enough to know when to walk away. 

well said laurienyc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

If you look at the $$$, it is pretty obvious Wes will be released after this year. If he is on the Denver roster in March, he will be guaranteed $8M next year. If they cut him, the cap hit is $2M. They need to, and want to, resign Decker.

I think it is pretty obvious JE will command more $$$ than the Pats are willing to spend, or have available given their other needs and cap position for 2014.

Could Wes be next years Collie?

My favorite part of this thread is your classic hypocrisy not being noticed by all your naive allies.  Cap hell doesn't exist unless it applies to the Patriots.

You're such a fraud it's amazing.

You're such a miserable person who simply cannot enjoy a ride.  Absolutely pathetic. Welker ain't coming back. His career in fact may be over with those concussions.

And, Edelman ain't going aywhere.

There is no such thing a salary cap hell

the Pats are tight against the cap with $120m committed for next year

assuming they need $5m for rookies and $5m for carry thru, I ask you for 3rd time, what other moves do they make this offseason to create space? 

You are so sure they sign JE...how do they get the cap space? Talib? spikes? Wendell? 

Pls tell us your expert thoughts Mr Jealousy

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    Thats what they do here. They call everyone out for making a prediction while they dont even try to due to their fear of lack of true understanding of the technical aspects of the game so and only complain and whine about what BB does. Then, When BB proves out that he did the right thing, they blow past their historically bytchy whiny azzed little girl complaining and criticisms and junp on the band wagon. So many frauds, too few sincere PATRIOTS fans. They know who they are. They are the ones who pull for players on teams who are considered our rivals. Loyalty as a TRUE fan should be to the team and not towards their weird obsessions with former players with the enemy. Casual fans have a very different perspective. They cant wait for the team to do something they disaggree with. Its their opportunity to complain like little bytches against the greatest football mind in history. IDIOTS. 

Funniest post in this thread.

RallyC has made some flat out ridiculous that never came to fruition.  But they were predictions that he said would happen based on him being a former CFL player.

Lets stroll down memory lane for a minute...

One of our guys screws up his life and the world loves to beat up the rest of the New England Patriots and all of Boston now.........SO WHAT!

EFEM ALL!  The truth is, great teams with quality leadership understand how to use these types of events to close ranks, instill an "Its us against the world" mantra, and GALVONIZE their teams with laser purpose and focus.  I know this is "cliche" 99% of the time, but not in this situation! Its real, somebody died, they lost a member of their family who they love, guilty or not! The amount of blood, sweat and tears they shared through the dog days of camp and the grooling seasons together bumping heads sometimes three times a day, builds a connection. Now they move forward with the realest of chips, and a family loss. Good luck to those who step in their way this season. These BOYS ARE and WILL REMAIN CRAZY MAD.

Hey RallyC, I don't see at any point in the season that the Patriots were playing with the "Its us against the world" mantra, due to the Aaron Hernadez situation, do you still think that?

TEBOW makes the team for many strategic reasons that most ordinary fans dont normally bother to identify/consider. Tebow is very effective for what BB needs him to do. Though redesigning the image of the Org is way down the list of priorities "on the field" wise, it is a top business objective. Having Tebow helps there. The style that Tebow employees isnt pretty to a fan, but it is a sound strategy to have a running QB option in the arsenal. TT isnt here to throw it just as Tom and Ryan aren't here to run it!  Having the option keeps other teams on their toes and forces them to prepare. In the event of catastrophe, TT is the perfect, game manager type who could keep things afloat And buy time to train another passing type. Our Passing game is far too advanced for any new QB in midseason to master in a short time frame, therefore having TT makes us a running team in the event of N emergency.  If BB wanted too with the personnel we have right now, he could go QB read option with TT and say here we come, right at you, and win games cramming it down their throats. We probably wont haVe to go there, but you can bet be are showing it for valid reasons. it is a security blanket that other teams dont have. Hate TT if you choose, just dont forget what our last 5 3rd string QBs brought to the table, if you can even remember who they were!!! We all know TT, and for very good reasons. Hes a winning football player. Class is over, for now....

Hey RallyC, where is Tim Tebow?  Why didn't he make the team like you said he would in this post of yours.  All the "ordinary fans" would sure like to know since you are above "most ordinary fans"  Are you making the point here that because you played in the CFL you know more then those who didn't? 

How about the one where you told everyone here that Tebow would also be catching passes from TFB at the TE position during the season?  You said this would happen too because you knew these things based on being a former CFL player.

Pro, for all of the reasons I state in my above post, there is someone else.........Dobson is the future at the #1 WR position. As a former CB, I can tell you that a guy like a 32-yr old at Lloyd 6'0, 200lbs. running a 4.65 40yrd dash coming at me feels more like a back coming outta the back filed compared to the fear that a grown AZZ man who runs a 4.4 40yrd dash and is 6'3", 210lbs. Dobson is a physical freak with amazing ball skills and wil prove it in almost no time in camp.

Hey RallyC, where is the amazing ball skills you said Aaron Dobson would be displaying?  The Patriots rank 3rd in the NFL (just under the Lions and Rams)  in team drop % at 6.3% and Aaron Dopson drop % is a whopping 10.8%.  Back in October 30th Dobson had the 2nd worst drop rate in the NFL out of all the receivers.  Those are some amazing ball skills he has shown.  Did you base this on being a former CB and CFL player too?

And then there is my favorite post from you.  I can't put my finger on it at the moment to post it here, but remember when you said that the New England Patriot fans are the most "Patriotic" fan base in the world that is why they are named the Patriots.  Come on man, no offense to anyone, but this just isn't true. 

And really, all the garbage about being a real patriots fan based on when you started following a team or because you were born where the team is located, that is just plain garbage.  Again, no offense to anyone, but that is just a ridiculous claim.  It doesn't matter where you are from or when you started following a team, you cheer no louder for the Patriots on Sunday then I do, you don't defend the Patriots any harder then I do, and you don't talk Patriots football more then I do. 

Going along with and trying to sweep mistakes the team has made under the rug doesn't make you a "true" fan either.  You can be a true fan and still be objective.  It called being real.  Not pretending that every decision the team makes is right doesn't make you less of a fan. No, those who do that are the worse kind of fans.  People hate fans who thinks their team makes all the perfect decisions.  It's not real!  No team in the history of sports has made all the right decisions.  People discuss these things on message boards such as this.  Go visit any football forum and you will see most fans don't agree with everything their team does.  Reality!  Wake up and live it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If you look at the $$$, it is pretty obvious Wes will be released after this year. If he is on the Denver roster in March, he will be guaranteed $8M next year. If they cut him, the cap hit is $2M. They need to, and want to, resign Decker.

I think it is pretty obvious JE will command more $$$ than the Pats are willing to spend, or have available given their other needs and cap position for 2014.

My favorite part of this thread is your classic hypocrisy not being noticed by all your naive allies.  Cap hell doesn't exist unless it applies to the Patriots.

You're such a miserable person who simply cannot enjoy a ride.  Absolutely pathetic. Welker ain't coming back. His career in fact may be over with those concussions.

assuming they need $5m for rookies and $5m for carry thru, I ask you for 3rd time, what other moves do they make this offseason to create space? 

You are so sure they sign JE...how do they get the cap space? Talib? spikes? Wendell? 

Oh yes there is such a thing as cap hell.  We're witnessing it off the lockout right now.

I don't think they will move on Talib unless they can get him for a similar price and maybe the 1 year.  If he doesn't bite on that, he will probably go elsewhere.  The market will remain flat, the flags still sit with him (hip, potential for lashing out in weaker environment), so his price porbably won;t go up much. It may be in his best interest and other FA CBs like Brent Grimes, Rodgers-Cromartie, etc, to sign another 1 year deal.   I think all of them will be disappointed.    

As for Edelman, I think he will work with BB and Kraft because he's not dumb. He realizes the loyalty. He will sign back here to a team friendly deal with guarantees in the 2nd and 3rd years, when the cap jumps.  That's what I will think will happen. It makes no sense for a 7th rd pick, who was given the chance and opps here to make something of himself as a WR, etc, to think the grass is greener elswhere.

He's Welker Part II.  Welker thought he had a big market, but as you can see, he didn't.

No one is buying your little fraud game here of this doom and gloom for us and somehow "no cap hell" elsewhere, too, little Karpie.

Your arrogance is so far gone you can't even see how hypocritical you sound.

The reason why our tight cap position isn't a big deal, outside of the unfortunate Hernandez cap hit, which admittedly (I wish the trial was sooner) is a crappy thing for the team, is that BB 's base is currently built and under contract.  Anyone who isn't, they either have leverage on or don't want moving forward.  

The other teams you deny having cap hell problems like the Steelers, Giants, Jets, or even teams like Baltimore or Denver who are masking their issues in 2013, don't have the base of young talent like BB does here.   That's a MAJOR difference in these discussions.

Baltimore is basically a .500 team this year with some gifts from the refs.  Compare that to us bagged in NY or Carolina or even Miami last week with Hooman raped in the end zone.

I fully realize an impact 1st rder for us next year would a great addiiton to the team or a lower priced hit in FA would also be nice, but for all intents and purposes, his base is built and under contract.

Read the last portion of that sentence carefully.

It is my opinion, BB can cut Mankins and Wilfork and bring them both back with team friendly deals.  Neither is going to want to go elsewhere at this point and both should be rational about the situation.  They may even be able to do something with Gostkowski like give him an extension, where he works with BB after the 2014 season when the cap jumps.

Like I keep telling you, which you refuse to understand: The lockout changed EVERYTHING.

Whatever teams used to do pre 2011 THEY CANNOT do as easy in terms of FA maneuvers, now. Anyone OVER 30, who is a FA, who thinks they still should get a nice contract, will not be seeing that anymore, unless a moron franchise gives them one.

Capiche?   Mike Wallace in Miami? Brutal deal. Eli in NY and Cruz? Brutal.  FLacco in Balt? Brutal.  None of those deals are proper market value.

The rookie cap makes investing in YOUNGER players more attractive, especially for teams who are in need of a build, whether it be a 2 year plan or a 3-5 year kind of plan.

Trust me when I tell you I am way, way ahead of you on all of this. It's how I set you up to win our Jets cap bet. lol

Explain a team friendly deal that you think Mankins and Vince would agree to?

Explain what type of contract JE would sign here out of "loyalty"

Loyalty would have been signing JE to a 2-3 year deal with $3-5m in incentives, rather than have JE twist in the wind for 8 weeks and having to go to talk to the Jints, and then the. Pats finally offer $750K. Loyalty is a 2 way street, and BB does not work with in "loyalty" parameters.

JE has offers of 3-4 years at $18m with $7-8 guaranteed And the Pats are unable to match that even if they wanted. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Oh yes there is such a thing as cap hell.  We're witnessing it off the lockout right now.

I don't think they will move on Talib unless they can get him for a similar price and maybe the 1 year.  If he doesn't bite on that, he will probably go elsewhere.  The market will remain flat, the flags still sit with him (hip, potential for lashing out in weaker environment), so his price porbably won;t go up much. It may be in his best interest and other FA CBs like Brent Grimes, Rodgers-Cromartie, etc, to sign another 1 year deal.   I think all of them will be disappointed.    

As for Edelman, I think he will work with BB and Kraft because he's not dumb. He realizes the loyalty. He will sign back here to a team friendly deal with guarantees in the 2nd and 3rd years, when the cap jumps.  That's what I will think will happen. It makes no sense for a 7th rd pick, who was given the chance and opps here to make something of himself as a WR, etc, to think the grass is greener elswhere.

He's Welker Part II.  Welker thought he had a big market, but as you can see, he didn't.

No one is buying your little fraud game here of this doom and gloom for us and somehow "no cap hell" elsewhere, too, little Karpie.

The reason why our tight cap position isn't a big deal, outside of the unfortunate Hernandez cap hit, which admittedly (I wish the trial was sooner) is a crappy thing for the team, is that BB 's base is currently built and under contract.  Anyone who isn't, they either have leverage on or don't want moving forward.  

The other teams you deny having cap hell problems like the Steelers, Giants, Jets, or even teams like Baltimore or Denver who are masking their issues in 2013, don't have the base of young talent like BB does here.   That's a MAJOR difference in these discussions.

Baltimore is basically a .500 team this year with some gifts from the refs.  Compare that to us bagged in NY or Carolina or even Miami last week with Hooman raped in the end zone.

I fully realize an impact 1st rder for us next year would a great addiiton to the team or a lower priced hit in FA would also be nice, but for all intents and purposes, his base is built and under contract.

It is my opinion, BB can cut Mankins and Wilfork and bring them both back with team friendly deals.  Neither is going to want to go elsewhere at this point and both should be rational about the situation.  They may even be able to do something with Gostkowski like give him an extension, where he works with BB after the 2014 season when the cap jumps.

Like I keep telling you, which you refuse to understand: The lockout changed EVERYTHING.

Whatever teams used to do pre 2011 THEY CANNOT do as easy in terms of FA maneuvers, now. Anyone OVER 30, who is a FA, who thinks they still should get a nice contract, will not be seeing that anymore, unless a moron franchise gives them one.

Capiche?   Mike Wallace in Miami? Brutal deal. Eli in NY and Cruz? Brutal.  FLacco in Balt? Brutal.  None of those deals are proper market value.

The rookie cap makes investing in YOUNGER players more attractive, especially for teams who are in need of a build, whether it be a 2 year plan or a 3-5 year kind of plan.

Trust me when I tell you I am way, way ahead of you on all of this. It's how I set you up to win our Jets cap bet. lol

Loyalty would have been signing JE to a 2-3 year deal with $3-5m in incentives, rather than have JE twist in the wind for 8 weeks and having to go to talk to the Jints, and then the. Pats finally offer $750K. Loyalty is a 2 way street, and BB does not work with in "loyalty" parameters.

JE has offers of 3-4 years at $18m with $7-8 guaranteed And the Pats are unable to match that even if they wanted. 

Listen to you. I just abused and embarassed you up above and now you're telling the board FA is open early and Edelman is fieldin offers?

My god are loony psycho as well as a liar.

I knew you could not do it Mr Backpedal. No surprise there

No, that is what JE will be offerd and signed for once. FA begins. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Amendola will be a NEP next year, bank on it. For one thing, he is cheaper to keep ($4.7 mil) than to cut ($6.8 mil). For another, he's done exactly what they expected of him. Right in line with his career numbers. He's tough, will take hellacious hits and hold onto the ball. If any of you so-called fans took half of one hit that he's taken in every game this year you'd be crying to mommy. That dude gets up and is ready to take the next one.

He may miss a few games but one thing he isn't is soft.

Welker won't be a Patriot next year but the Patriots have a dilemma for sure.  It is going to cost the Patriots a good amount of money to keep Edelman and they are over paying Amendola.  That is a dilemma for sure.

I totally disagree with you Wozzy on this.  I totally disagree with you saying Amendola has done exactly what they expected him to do.  No way.

Will Wes Welker be a Patriot again.... I doubt it.

But never say never in this crazy world.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Listen to you. I just abused and embarassed you up above and now you're telling the board FA is open early and Edelman is fieldin offers?

Could not do what? Easily avoid being a moron like you?

All BB has to do is get players who want to be here and not leave to get through the 2014 part of the deal before the cap jumps in 2015.   

Edelman will not get what you are saying.  He has more value here than pretty much anywhere else and he's not going to Denver. Care to wager on that?  Welker barely got 5 million from NE and only one team was willing to bid with BB's offer.

Now you think Edelman, a product of this system, is going to be a get around 6 million per year (on average) for a 3 year deal with 8 guaranteed?

This is the first time he's been healthy through the year.  He has earned himself a large raise, but it will be more like the Amendola contract which they absolutely can afford.

Tell me how the Pats cut the cap number Mr backpedal? What is a team friendly deal for Mankins and Vince?

JE will get on the open market 3/$18 $7-8 guaranteed with incentives. I never said Denver, they will sign Decker

DA signed for 5/$28 with $10 guaranteed with incentives

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

There is no way Welker gets released.  If he does, that would mean Belichick made the right decision and 80% of the board was wrong.  That just can't be possible, can it? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

....Welker won't be a Patriot next year but the Patriots have a dilemma for sure.  It is going to cost the Patriots a good amount of money to keep Edelman and they are over paying Amendola.  That is a dilemma for sure.

I totally disagree with you Wozzy on this.  I totally disagree with you saying Amendola has done exactly what they expected him to do.  No way.

OK, these are DA's career numbers, to date:   52 games, 247 recepts, 9.3 ypc, 9 TDs

These are his numbers in  2012: 11 games, 63 recepts, 10.6 ypc, 3 TDs

These are his current 2013 stats: 10 games, 51 recepts, 11.4 ypc, 2 TDs

Perfectly in line with what he's done throughout his career. He is exactly who they thought he was, unless they expected him to morph into Randy Moss? I tend to doubt that.

Back to the money, I posted his contract above. His cap number this year is $3.5 mil, $4.7 mil next year, $5.7 in the 2015 season, before which he'll probably get restructured or released because that's how the contract is set up. That's pretty affordable and he is not overpaid.

By contrast, Welker was $4.1 mil this year and jumps to $8 mil next year. His was essentially a one year contract, they aren't paying him $8 mil.

Whether the Pats resign Edelman or not won't be because of DA's contract, it's not a bad contract at all. If you want to talk about a bad contract, look at someone like Mankins. Or how about Miles Austin, his cap hit next year is $8.2 mil and it will cost them over $7 mil in dead money if they release him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

no thanks to WW he's one big hit away from being a turnip.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

So should the Pats start thinking of unloading Nate Solder?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Assuming the OP's premise is correct and the Donkeys do let WW go Cincy should make a play for him. They have something close to 17M available under the cap in 2014 and it would make sense getting Dalton a reliable inside receiver as a compliment to Green on the outside.

The other team with the cap space availability that WW might want to consider is Indy. Another QB that could use a dependable inside receiver...  if Reggie Wayne comes back healthy it would make sense for all involved.

Great points. I could also see houston go after him. Jury is out on schaub for next year, and if casy gets the start, or if they draft so some new, a good slot would help move the chains. Also like Cincy, nice compliment to the 2 good outside wr's they have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

"The grass is always greener in your neighbor's yard"! With a healthy core of WRs and TEs - Gronk, DA, Dobson, Tompkins, Boyce, Edelman (if signed) -- Patriots will be in good shape for the 2014 season.  WW has had too many hits to the head.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Could not do what? Easily avoid being a moron like you?

All BB has to do is get players who want to be here and not leave to get through the 2014 part of the deal before the cap jumps in 2015.   

Edelman will not get what you are saying.  He has more value here than pretty much anywhere else and he's not going to Denver. Care to wager on that?  Welker barely got 5 million from NE and only one team was willing to bid with BB's offer.

Now you think Edelman, a product of this system, is going to be a get around 6 million per year (on average) for a 3 year deal with 8 guaranteed?

This is the first time he's been healthy through the year.  He has earned himself a large raise, but it will be more like the Amendola contract which they absolutely can afford.

Please. You always, always avoid or deflect questions you can't answer. I think rkarp posed some legit questions yet the 152 iq can't get it done. Priceless.

edelman a product of the system? Sure, he plays well in this system but he can also play well other places and will Because no way they give him what amendola is making. You claim they will and I would like to see how they fit JE under the cap. Again, care to take a shot?

the pats next year are in salary cap purgatory. I don't believe in hell because any team can get out of it (see ravens), and some like the ravens can still be competitive. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Great points. I could also see houston go after him. Jury is out on schaub for next year, and if casy gets the start, or if they draft so some new, a good slot would help move the chains. Also like Cincy, nice compliment to the 2 good outside wr's they have.

A healthy Welker would benefit a bunch of teams (add SD, Miami, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans, Pitt, Philly and Detroit to the list if you want). Problem is, he may not be healthy. And none of those teams or any others that have been mentioned is better for him than where he is. He'll restructure and stay, or he'll retire.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

So should the Pats start thinking of unloading Nate Solder?

Solder's concussions are nowhere near the whacks Welker has taken. Do your homework.

They affect everyone differently.  Some it takes an immediate toll on them, others it doesn't.

Do your homework.

Sections
Shortcuts