good bye Julian, hello Wes??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: good bye Julian, hello Wes??

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry but you are wrong, Amendola is much better on this team than Welker could possibly have been. Welker helped the Pats lose two Superbowls. Amendola still has the chance to win some superbowls. Welker is probably out for the rest of the season but Amendola can still make plays.

So who's the idiot?

[/QUOTE]

Sand... Get your head out of it!

Amendola just dropped the game winner last weekend, did you not see it?

Amendola is much better on this team then Welker could have possibly been?  Dude, did you really just type that?  Welkers past 6 season show differently.  He would have had another fantastic year as a Patriot if he was still here. 

Do you have permission to use grown ups electronics?  Now get off the computer before your mother catches you on it.

Congratulations, your post just ended up in the dumbest post of the year category!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Is this the board where Pat's fans come to be insulted by other Pat's fans?  Yes it is!

Sounds like a good time!  C'mon guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, these are DA's career numbers, to date:   52 games, 247 recepts, 9.3 ypc, 9 TDs

These are his numbers in  2012: 11 games, 63 recepts, 10.6 ypc, 3 TDs

These are his current 2013 stats: 10 games, 51 recepts, 11.4 ypc, 2 TDs

Perfectly in line with what he's done throughout his career. He is exactly who they thought he was, unless they expected him to morph into Randy Moss? I tend to doubt that.

Back to the money, I posted his contract above. His cap number this year is $3.5 mil, $4.7 mil next year, $5.7 in the 2015 season, before which he'll probably get restructured or released because that's how the contract is set up. That's pretty affordable and he is not overpaid.

By contrast, Welker was $4.1 mil this year and jumps to $8 mil next year. His was essentially a one year contract, they aren't paying him $8 mil.

Whether the Pats resign Edelman or not won't be because of DA's contract, it's not a bad contract at all. If you want to talk about a bad contract, look at someone like Mankins. Or how about Miles Austin, his cap hit next year is $8.2 mil and it will cost them over $7 mil in dead money if they release him. 

[/QUOTE]

Come on Wozzy, you know better then this.  So you are saying the Pats expected Amendola to come in and put up the same numbers he did with the Rams and pay him a $6 million signing bonus and $4 million in guaranteed base salaries over the first two years?   I am not buying that.  That's like saying they expected him to get hurt, miss some games and put up same stats he did with the Rams? You don't pay someone the kind of money the Pats did and expect those numbers.  If so then BB has some serious explaining to do.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what's up with the Wozzy part? I'm not offended by that, Wozzy is OK in my book.

Anyway, what "kind of money" is he being paid? It's a reasonable contract for a veteran WR of Amendola's abilities. It's not out of line at all. Injuries aside, he's catching 5.1 balls a game at 11.4 yds per catch. That's 82 catches and 930 yards projected over 16 games. He won't play 16 of course, but I don't think that they expected him to become much more than that.

Do you sign a free agent and expect him to become a better athlete because he's on your team? I don't think so, unless you think he was underutilized where he was, like when the Pats signed Welker away from Miami.

I don't think for one second that's what the Pats thought about Amendola. He was a good player with St. Louis and they exepcted the same type of player in NE. And that's exactly what they got.

Are the Yankees expecting Ellsbury to be a triple crown contender because they gave him $150 mil? Maybe, they're pretty arrogant. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Excellent bitchslapping, Muzz.  

[/QUOTE]

That would be TFBiatch12 Slappin'!!! LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you look at the $$$, it is pretty obvious Wes will be released after this year. If he is on the Denver roster in March, he will be guaranteed $8M next year. If they cut him, the cap hit is $2M. They need to, and want to, resign Decker.

I think it is pretty obvious JE will command more $$$ than the Pats are willing to spend, or have available given their other needs and cap position for 2014.

Could Wes be next years Collie?

[/QUOTE]

My favorite part of this thread is your classic hypocrisy not being noticed by all your naive allies.  Cap hell doesn't exist unless it applies to the Patriots.

You're such a fraud it's amazing.

You're such a miserable person who simply cannot enjoy a ride.  Absolutely pathetic. Welker ain't coming back. His career in fact may be over with those concussions.

And, Edelman ain't going aywhere.

[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing a salary cap hell

the Pats are tight against the cap with $120m committed for next year

assuming they need $5m for rookies and $5m for carry thru, I ask you for 3rd time, what other moves do they make this offseason to create space? 

You are so sure they sign JE...how do they get the cap space? Talib? spikes? Wendell? 

Pls tell us your expert thoughts Mr Jealousy

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes there is such a thing as cap hell.  We're witnessing it off the lockout right now.

I don't think they will move on Talib unless they can get him for a similar price and maybe the 1 year.  If he doesn't bite on that, he will probably go elsewhere.  The market will remain flat, the flags still sit with him (hip, potential for lashing out in weaker environment), so his price porbably won;t go up much. It may be in his best interest and other FA CBs like Brent Grimes, Rodgers-Cromartie, etc, to sign another 1 year deal.   I think all of them will be disappointed.    

As for Edelman, I think he will work with BB and Kraft because he's not dumb. He realizes the loyalty. He will sign back here to a team friendly deal with guarantees in the 2nd and 3rd years, when the cap jumps.  That's what I will think will happen. It makes no sense for a 7th rd pick, who was given the chance and opps here to make something of himself as a WR, etc, to think the grass is greener elswhere.

He's Welker Part II.  Welker thought he had a big market, but as you can see, he didn't.

No one is buying your little fraud game here of this doom and gloom for us and somehow "no cap hell" elsewhere, too, little Karpie.

Your arrogance is so far gone you can't even see how hypocritical you sound.

The reason why our tight cap position isn't a big deal, outside of the unfortunate Hernandez cap hit, which admittedly (I wish the trial was sooner) is a crappy thing for the team, is that BB 's base is currently built and under contract.  Anyone who isn't, they either have leverage on or don't want moving forward.  

The other teams you deny having cap hell problems like the Steelers, Giants, Jets, or even teams like Baltimore or Denver who are masking their issues in 2013, don't have the base of young talent like BB does here.   That's a MAJOR difference in these discussions.

Baltimore is basically a .500 team this year with some gifts from the refs.  Compare that to us bagged in NY or Carolina or even Miami last week with Hooman raped in the end zone.

I fully realize an impact 1st rder for us next year would a great addiiton to the team or a lower priced hit in FA would also be nice, but for all intents and purposes, his base is built and under contract.

Read the last portion of that sentence carefully.

It is my opinion, BB can cut Mankins and Wilfork and bring them both back with team friendly deals.  Neither is going to want to go elsewhere at this point and both should be rational about the situation.  They may even be able to do something with Gostkowski like give him an extension, where he works with BB after the 2014 season when the cap jumps.

Like I keep telling you, which you refuse to understand: The lockout changed EVERYTHING.

Whatever teams used to do pre 2011 THEY CANNOT do as easy in terms of FA maneuvers, now. Anyone OVER 30, who is a FA, who thinks they still should get a nice contract, will not be seeing that anymore, unless a moron franchise gives them one.

Capiche?   Mike Wallace in Miami? Brutal deal. Eli in NY and Cruz? Brutal.  FLacco in Balt? Brutal.  None of those deals are proper market value.

The rookie cap makes investing in YOUNGER players more attractive, especially for teams who are in need of a build, whether it be a 2 year plan or a 3-5 year kind of plan.

Trust me when I tell you I am way, way ahead of you on all of this. It's how I set you up to win our Jets cap bet. lol

[/QUOTE]

Explain a team friendly deal that you think Mankins and Vince would agree to?

Explain what type of contract JE would sign here out of "loyalty"

Loyalty would have been signing JE to a 2-3 year deal with $3-5m in incentives, rather than have JE twist in the wind for 8 weeks and having to go to talk to the Jints, and then the. Pats finally offer $750K. Loyalty is a 2 way street, and BB does not work with in "loyalty" parameters.

JE has offers of 3-4 years at $18m with $7-8 guaranteed And the Pats are unable to match that even if they wanted. 

[/QUOTE]

Listen to you. I just abused and embarassed you up above and now you're telling the board FA is open early and Edelman is fieldin offers?

My god are loony psycho as well as a liar.

[/QUOTE]

I knew you could not do it Mr Backpedal. No surprise there

No, that is what JE will be offerd and signed for once. FA begins. 

[/QUOTE]

Could not do what? Easily avoid being a moron like you?

All BB has to do is get players who want to be here and not leave to get through the 2014 part of the deal before the cap jumps in 2015.   

Edelman will not get what you are saying.  He has more value here than pretty much anywhere else and he's not going to Denver. Care to wager on that?  Welker barely got 5 million from NE and only one team was willing to bid with BB's offer.

Now you think Edelman, a product of this system, is going to be a get around 6 million per year (on average) for a 3 year deal with 8 guaranteed?

This is the first time he's been healthy through the year.  He has earned himself a large raise, but it will be more like the Amendola contract which they absolutely can afford.

[/QUOTE]

Please. You always, always avoid or deflect questions you can't answer. I think rkarp posed some legit questions yet the 152 iq can't get it done. Priceless.

edelman a product of the system? Sure, he plays well in this system but he can also play well other places and will Because no way they give him what amendola is making. You claim they will and I would like to see how they fit JE under the cap. Again, care to take a shot?

the pats next year are in salary cap purgatory. I don't believe in hell because any team can get out of it (see ravens), and some like the ravens can still be competitive. 

[/QUOTE]

I already did. I just did it up above and you quoted it, Tea PArty nutty.

Flat cap.  Ugh. So dumb on these topics. Is it because you're insecure and I have such a handle on this you feel inadequate?

RKarp tells us Edelman is fielding offers right now and you troll me after I articulated PERFECLTY the market and current situation?

[/QUOTE]

I thought you weren't name-calling anymore?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no way Welker gets released.  If he does, that would mean Belichick made the right decision and 80% of the board was wrong.  That just can't be possible, can it? 

LOL!

It also looks like BB was right again in not only walking from Welkie, but putting Welkie money into TWO players for the same money as the one with Welkie.

Denver structured his deal like that due to cap issues, so if they do cut Welkie, they're in more trouble next year with Gomie at 38.

Welker/Edelman > Amendola/Edelman

Once again you are an idiot.

Welker is not playing and will be 33 next year, so why on earth would we want that over Amendola right now???

Who is the idiot?  lmao

Plus, the binky addiction that Welker provided ended up destroying some of Brady's QB skills.

Team would have been better this year with Welker and not Amendola.  If you don't see that then get your head out of the sand on BB beach, toss those rose colored glasses away and pour the koolaid down the drain.  As of now the Pats are 10-4, could lose the #2 seed and has a chance of being knocked completely out of the playoffs.  Welker helped the team get to two SB's, can Amendola do that?  Probably not this season.

Who is the idiot now!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but you are wrong, Amendola is much better on this team than Welker could possibly have been. Welker helped the Pats lose two Superbowls. Amendola still has the chance to win some superbowls. Welker is probably out for the rest of the season but Amendola can still make plays.

So who's the idiot?

[/QUOTE]

SLAP SLAP SLAP 'em RTUINILA!!! Poor TFBiatch12! So many more seeing the fruad San Fran TROLL and man-lover for who he really is....TFBiach12! I almost wanna take him off IGNORE to see how desperate he is flailing his words and flopping all over the floor in defense of his long lost love, BUT I love the control the IGNORE BUTTON gives me over his idiotic retorts. Ahhhhhhh yeahhhhh, Get that phony outta here!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh my.  

I find it comical you call me an idiot and you don't know the difference between "than" and "then".

Absolutely priceless. I am a huge fan of irony.

No, it wouldn't have been worth it getting "more production", especially considering Edelman is essentially doing the Welker production right now and if Amendola wasn't here, Welker would be taking receptions away from Edelman because Welker is the Brady binky.

You don't seem to get this concept. You think "production" is the accumulation of receptions against crap or average Ds who play zone.

BB removed the binky factor in an attempt to fix Brady. I wouldn't be shocked at all that with Dobson and Thompkins active, those two make everyone forget about this binky crutch known as Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

You used "there" instead of "their" yesterday, Einstein. No one called it out because they aren't incredible toolchests like you are.

Looks like another thread ruined by the forum jester and his 100 posts/day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wes burned some bridges..... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Not sure what's up with the Wozzy part? I'm not offended by that, Wozzy is OK in my book.

Anyway, what "kind of money" is he being paid? It's a reasonable contract for a veteran WR of Amendola's abilities. It's not out of line at all. Injuries aside, he's catching 5.1 balls a game at 11.4 yds per catch. That's 82 catches and 930 yards projected over 16 games. He won't play 16 of course, but I don't think that they expected him to become much more than that.

Do you sign a free agent and expect him to become a better athlete because he's on your team? I don't think so, unless you think he was underutilized where he was, like when the Pats signed Welker away from Miami.

I don't think for one second that's what the Pats thought about Amendola. He was a good player with St. Louis and they exepcted the same type of player in NE. And that's exactly what they got.

Are the Yankees expecting Ellsbury to be a triple crown contender because they gave him $150 mil? Maybe, they're pretty arrogant. 

[/QUOTE]

You don't think they expected his production to increase with TB at quarterback compared to Sam Bradford? And Gronk being out for most of the season?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

BB removed the binky factor in an attempt to fix Brady. I wouldn't be shocked at all that with Dobson and Thompkins active, those two make everyone forget about this binky crutch known as Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

How can you dismiss the contributions of the best TE in the game? I'd be shocked if the Pats' red zone efficiency and offense can appoach their mid - season form without Gronk. His blocking is also a big factor in the run game.

Dobson has made strides this year and could turn into a good to great receiver in time but at this point he and Thompkins are not Swann and Stallworth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB removed the binky factor... those two make everyone forget about this binky crutch known as Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

How can you dismiss the contributions of the best TE in the game? ....

Dobson has made strides this year and could turn into a good to great receiver in time but at this point he and Thompkins are not Swann and Stallworth.

[/QUOTE]

I do not think we can characterize it as "forgeting about Gronk".  The more important factor is the Pats are surviving without Gronk.  As with any superbly performing athlete, you may never replace that athlete's performace capabilities, but, can "adequately" replace them with performances of others which can take more than one athlete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

[QUOTE]

no thanks to WW he's one big hit away from being a turnip.

[/QUOTE]

So should the Pats start thinking of unloading Nate Solder?

[/QUOTE]

if they continue and he cant recover from them then yes, todays nfl is going make it hard for these guys to last 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB removed the binky factor... those two make everyone forget about this binky crutch known as Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

How can you dismiss the contributions of the best TE in the game? ....

[/QUOTE]

I do not think we can characterize it as "forgeting about Gronk".  The more important factor is the Pats are surviving without Gronk.  As with any superbly performing athlete, you may never replace that athlete's performace capabilities, but, can "adequately" replace them with performances of others which can take more than one athlete.

[/QUOTE]

I just think the Pats' offense will struggle mightily in the red zone without him. They were 1 for 4 (TD'S) last week against Miami.

Gronk's presence also helped open things up for the wide outs since teams had to account for him on every possession often needing to use a safety and linebacker on him.

I just don't see two rookies being able to make up for his loss.

The Pats still haven't adequately replaced Wilfork and Kelly and they've used 4 different DT's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There is no way Welker gets released.  If he does, that would mean Belichick made the right decision and 80% of the board was wrong.  That just can't be possible, can it? 

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

It also looks like BB was right again in not only walking from Welkie, but putting Welkie money into TWO players for the same money as the one with Welkie.

Denver structured his deal like that due to cap issues, so if they do cut Welkie, they're in more trouble next year with Gomie at 38.

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying the Pats would have let Edelman go had they kept Welker?

Of course they wouldn't have.  You would have had Welker making a little more then Amendola, would totally be woth it getting more production, and then Edelman probably making what he makes now.  And the PAts would probably be in the #1 seed right now with the SB going though NE.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my.  

I find it comical you call me an idiot and you don't know the difference between "than" and "then".

No, it wouldn't have been worth it getting "more production", especially considering Edelman is essentially doing the Welker production right now and if Amendola wasn't here, Welker would be taking receptions away from Edelman because Welker is the Brady binky.

You don't seem to get this concept. You think "production" is the accumulation of receptions against crap or average Ds who play zone.

[/QUOTE]

To call the best TE in football a binkie is even below you Barry. He's a unique weapon that drastically improved our chances of winning plus us converting in the red zone. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying the Pats would have let Edelman go had they kept Welker?

Of course they wouldn't have.  You would have had Welker making a little more then Amendola, would totally be woth it getting more production, and then Edelman probably making what he makes now.  And the PAts would probably be in the #1 seed right now with the SB going though NE.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my.  

[/QUOTE]

To call the best TE in football a binkie is even below you Barry. He's a unique weapon that drastically improved our chances of winning plus us converting in the red zone. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That would be TFBiatch12 Slappin'!!! LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Balls slapping your chin Rallyc!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL!

Welker/Edelman > Amendola/Edelman

Welker is not playing and will be 33 next year, so why on earth would we want that over Amendola right now???

Who is the idiot?  lmao

Plus, the binky addiction that Welker provided ended up destroying some of Brady's QB skills.

[/QUOTE]

Team would have been better this year with Welker and not Amendola.  If you don't see that then get your head out of the sand on BB beach, toss those rose colored glasses away and pour the koolaid down the drain.  As of now the Pats are 10-4, could lose the #2 seed and has a chance of being knocked completely out of the playoffs.  Welker helped the team get to two SB's, can Amendola do that?  Probably not this season.

Who is the idiot now!

[/QUOTE]

So who's the idiot?

[/QUOTE]

SLAP SLAP SLAP 'em RTUINILA!!! Poor TFBiatch12! So many more seeing the fruad San Fran TROLL and man-lover for who he really is....TFBiach12! I almost wanna take him off IGNORE to see how desperate he is flailing his words and flopping all over the floor in defense of his long lost love, BUT I love the control the IGNORE BUTTON gives me over his idiotic retorts. Ahhhhhhh yeahhhhh, Get that phony outta here!

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, look at RallyC having a meltdown... again!!  Bold type and all.  Last time I caused you to do this long pathetic goodbye thread, remember that!  Hahaha!! .  You ran away because I owned you and still am.

Now it's funny watching your 50+ year old bBiatch azz melting down again. Melting down on an internet forum, pretending he plaid the game before. Pretty pathetic.  Hey Rally, where is Tebow again?  I thought you said he would be playing TE catching passes from Brady?

Come on, tell the truth water boy, you never played before.

How is Amendola doing?  He didnt turn out like you said he would.  Dropped the game winner last weekend.  Shows how much you know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Wes burned some bridges..... 

........and has burned millions of brain cells since. There's documented proof that concussions cause scar tissue on the brain. Wes isn't even as good as the guy who chocked last year or the year before. 33 in his sights, and likely will battle serious issues with one more hit? Yeah, he's a fool if he keeps it up and if the Broncos keep him next season. He"s got the dough, time to roll! Life is short.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

WW is damaged goods. Two concussions won't get alot of interest.

Pay Incredibleman

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pay Incredibleman

[/QUOTE]

Patriots had interest in Collie.

Ouch!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey RallyC, remember when I owned you so bad you started that pathetic goodbye thread and ran away.  Hahaha! 

Owned!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pay Incredibleman

[/QUOTE]

Patriots had interest in Collie.

Ouch!

[/QUOTE]

yeah, he's playing for the Patriost. he had a concussion problem too. he took two in 2010 and didn't finish the season.

collie wife2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pay Incredibleman

Damaged goods at how many millions? He was too goofey to take what the Pats offerred. His epic screw up against the Pats was before his recent brain injuries. Wes will be lucky to find any team who wants an aging, mentally slipping, little guy like him. He's all but done. He's not an O-lineman who doesnt rely on the dexterity and motor skills that a slot guy in the NFL does. He's stupid beyond comprehension if he insists on taking more chances. He's been in decline for some time now as it is. Sad, but not the PATS problem. GO PATS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

I just realized I was in the middle of an argument on this thread without ever having posted?