Good D -- BUT!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Re: Good D -- BUT!!!!

In Response to Re: Good D -- BUT!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good D -- BUT!!!! : GB is just as likely to spot someone a 21-0 lead-you all forget they lost to KC! No, you're not a realist-you're an alarmist-the sky is falling!
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Let me ask you these questions. 

1 - Are you NOT worried about this defense?
    2 - Should they spot a playoff team a 21 points lead, do you feel confident that they would still win? 
    3 - If so, what odds would you require for you to put $1,000 down at that point in the game betting on a Patriot victory? 
    4 - For that matter, what odds would you have required yesterday to place a bet at the end of the first quarter.

Oh, and GB is irrelevent to this discussion.  We are only talking about the Patriots.  Should they get to play GB this year, and spot THEM 21 points, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to play catch up with an offense that is just as explosive as ours.

So, Homer, answer my questions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good D -- BUT!!!! : Heck, the Jests might make the playoffs.

???????????????

News Flash:  The Jets are out of the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good D -- BUT!!!! : They defer because then they get te chance to score at the end of the first half and then get the ball to start the second half.

Yeah, people don't seem to get this Patsfan.  Scoring first is a modest advantage but you really don't start forcing the other team to play catch up until you get two scores ahead, so the advantage isn't that great.  A much larger advantage is the possibility of having two successive possessions in the middle of the game, potentially scoring twice before the other team gets the ball.  (It's also a big disadvantage if the other team has this chance to score twice.)  Not surprisingly a number of the best teams in the league defer regularly rather than taking the ball first.  It's a smart strategy.