Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead

I think the Pats are very fortunate to have  won 2 games this year against the Colts and Packers. They played just barely well enough to win. I am glad they did, but I think most fans would agree with what I wrote above.
    The Pats could face  the Colts again early  if the Jets lose and Indy triumphs. It would be good to get a solid win against a healthy Colts team. Bring the 5 man pass rush and cover the T.E.
     On an other note, Logan Mankins is in the Pro Bowl playing only 6 (?}games. Should he be kept? Absolutely!!.All Pro Off. Guards are rarre. Not like D-Linemen who it seems ae a dime a dozen.I do not understand paying V. Wilfork so much and alienating Mankins!
     I hope Green-Ellis gets his 1K Yards!

Go Pats,
    Davidseatte.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead

We were going easy on poor Peyton in the regular season.  He'll get no such mercy in January.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead:
    [QUOTE]I think the Pats are very fortunate to have  won 2 games this year against the Colts and Packers. They played just barely well enough to win. I am glad they did, but I think most fans would agree with what I wrote above.... Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

Sure. But every team in the playoffs won at least two games where they didn't play their best. Look at the Jets, they won several they could have easily lost. Pittsburgh too. It really means nothing. Everybody is 0-0 now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"All Pro Off. Guards are rarre. Not like D-Linemen who it seems ae a dime a dozen.I do not understand paying V. Wilfork so much and alienating Mankins!"

Aren't there roughly the same amount of guards and D Tackles named to the Pro Bowl every yr??  If so, why is one rare but the other is a dime a doze??

Dude, if you honestly think that D-Linemen are a dime a dozen you're an idiot. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Don't call David an idiot.  It was a good post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead:
    [QUOTE]I think the Pats are very fortunate to have  won 2 games this year against the Colts and Packers. Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

Really? Fortunate? Sounds like your looking for perfection.

Rough seas ahead?

That's what alot of gloom and doomers thought at the beginning of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead:
    [QUOTE]Don't call David an idiot.  It was a good post.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

That's not funny!          Yeah, it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Good Fortune and Rough Seas Ahead:
    [QUOTE]Yea its way easier to replace a O linemen then it is to replace a D linemen. Hands down.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Infinitely, especially considering the Pats' two-gap scheme, which is especially difficult to play (and counterintuitive for 99/100 college defensive linemen).  It's VERY difficult to find a complete, every-down defensive lineman in a 3-4 defense because they need height and length to hold offensive tackles at bay, strength to hold at the point of attack against double teams from G/T or T/TE, smarts to make the right read after engaging the tackle and occupying both gaps, and enough speed to make a viable pass rusher.

While guys like Mankins are rare, guys like Connolly who fill in for him still do a serviceable job.  The Pats have needed two or three guys each to replace Ty Warren and Richard Seymour (a run stopper and a designated pass rusher for each because nobody has proven they can fulfill both roles at once)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Oh and this forum wins my vote for "Favorite forum whose title would also make a very intriguing fortune cookie fortune"

10. This post has been removed.