Good Game, but McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Good Game, but McCourty

It was a good game. With the offense putting up 30 can't place fault there. I felt McCourty had a tough day. Between a missed interception, penatlies, and coverage issues he may have been teh biggest difference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: Good Game, but McCourty

I thought McCourty did alright most of the time, but I thought he got influenced by the officiating because every time he got called for a phantom PI or holding, he seemed to be less aggressive (which is understandable).

He should've caught the interceptions for sure, but at least he was in position. 

The pass rush, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. I thought that was the bigger problem tonight.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

McCourty had an up-and-down game.  Down was obviously the PI at the end and the whiffed tackle on the Pitta TD.  But he also had a number of fine defensive plays, getting his head turned around and knocking the ball away.  It looks like he is regaining a little of the great fundamentals that he lost in '11.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I can crumble a white plain piece of paper and straighten it out and still have better Corners then the pats do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Refs were bad in both directions have to call that one a draw.

I agree about the pass rush, our rookie studs were not a factor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

McCourty had some very good plays, and some flat-out horrible plays. He just cannot be counted on to be consistent at this time.

And when did this guy develop such butterfingers??? It's like you could lob the ball to him from 3 feet away and he will drop it. Big-time players make big-time plays in big games. He is just not there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Refs were bad in both directions have to call that one a draw.

I agree about the pass rush, our rookie studs were not a factor.

[/QUOTE]

Refs were bad in both directions, but much more so towards our direction. Other than the unsportsmanlike call on Harbaugh, there were no questionable calls against the Ravens. Against us, it was just one laughable call after another.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

DMC was awful, simple as that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan45. Show patsfan45's posts

McCourty has no business being on the field, ever. He is a constant liability who can't cover, doesn't look for the ball, and can't catch. Bench him, cut him, just don't put him in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to patsfan45's comment:

McCourty has no business being on the field, ever. He is a constant liability who can't cover, doesn't look for the ball, and can't catch. Bench him, cut him, just don't put him in the game.

Not to mention that he doesn't tackle very well either. IMO every member of our secondary should be force fed game footage of Raymond Clayborn for the next month so these guys can at least see the proper way to tackle someone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

McCourty meet Jugs. Jugs, meet McCourty. Catch the ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

I think the problem is the defensive back coawhy can't wait for alphonson denard to return from his injuries mccourty looks bad sorry to say he may be best bet to put him in the safety position also kyle Arrington needs to be benched as a matters of fact the whole secondary needs to be reshuffled. As for Brady you have to make the last play on the offensive that signify you as an elite QB I am not sure the play calling in the end when you should have ran the ball twice then throw

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Did you people watch the same game as I did?  Yeah DMC should have had a couple picks and he had a few bad plays, but he also was in pretty good position on a lot of plays and got dinged for some pretty questionable calls.  If anything it was Arrington who failed this game.  Got completely burned repeatedly and then tripped on nothing instead of sealing the game with an INT.  The secondary could have played better, but they were left out to dry by the front 7 who generated zero pressure and of course who can forget the 3rd down penalties that extended virtually every Ravens TD drive.  There were some holds that should have been called, but more often than not Flacco had all day to throw.  You can't expect these guys to be able to cover forever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Did you people watch the same game as I did?  Yeah DMC should have had a couple picks and he had a few bad plays, but he also was in pretty good position on a lot of plays and got dinged for some pretty questionable calls.  If anything it was Arrington who failed this game.  Got completely burned repeatedly and then tripped on nothing instead of sealing the game with an INT.  The secondary could have played better, but they were left out to dry by the front 7 who generated zero pressure and of course who can forget the 3rd down penalties that extended virtually every Ravens TD drive.  There were some holds that should have been called, but more often than not Flacco had all day to throw.  You can't expect these guys to be able to cover forever.
    That doesn't change the fact that he really doesn't seem to know how to tackle. And the same could be said for most of our secondary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hopefully McCourty will meet some tackling dumbies as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

the Balt TE TD was bad for McCourty...didn't even look like he wanted to tackle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to patsfan45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He made some decent plays, 3rd down plays to stop drives, but then flags fly & phantom PI/holding calls get called over & over keeping Ravens drives alive. He did drop 2 gimme picks, was AWFUL on the TD were Gregory went low and then that final PI where he wrapped the guy up completely before the ball got there.

Arrington didn't do us any favors either, falling down on that gimme pick. WTF?

3 picks lost... that hurt. Hopefully it'll come together. The offense played OK. Josh has to use the gimmick plays ONCE in a while, not regularly and definitely not repeatedly in the same game, otherwise they totally lose their suprise factor.

Gronk needs to be featured more, Woodhead less. Ridley is SO much better. I don't get it. I guess Josh is just trying to figure out what he's got and how best to use them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

McCourty = Butler

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCourty = Butler

[/QUOTE]

Ouch.  You may be right. 

Didn't DMC look better last year at safety?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I guess we don't notice McCourty when he makes a play that he is suppose to make.  But he makes to many boneheaded plays. You can't grab a guy in the end zone and not expect to get a flag.  If the guy can't cover without grabbing and holding then he shouldn't be playing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaychis. Show jaychis's posts

The guy is a joke. He was a joke last year as well. He allowed 62 catches and 1004 yards last year. This was the second highest total in the league last year. Everyone is just focusing on the 4th quarter. He stunk almost the whole game. I don't remember the stat from last night, but everything but two plays got by him. I think it was eight out of ten for long yardage.

The refs were a joke on both sides of the ball, but this is a loss the defence owns. They were very easy to read. That is why they ran the ball down their throats and killed them with the pass whenever the Ravens wanted. They gave up over 500 yards and the Ravens average QB wasn't even touched.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can crumble a white plain piece of paper and straighten it out and still have better Corners then the pats do.

[/QUOTE]

Hhahaha! Did you think of this yourself? If you did I've got to give you props.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't tackle.

Can't cover (turn to look for the ball)

Can't catch.

Arrington had a bad day as well, but the DBs made Flacco look like an all pro.

Also, where was the pass rush? Nink seems non existant.

A bad day by the zebras, but I'm sure Foot Locker is hiring.