Good Luck the rest of the way!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Good Luck the rest of the way!

Good luck the rest of he way.  I hope the Saints have the opportunity to meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  I have enjoyed the discussions (with those that were reasonable) and look forward to a continuing dialog. 

The end result was what I was expecting.  I hope you all had a chance to learn a little about the Saints this week.  It looks like the Saints have extended their winning streak over AFC opponents to seven games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Good Luck the rest of the way!

And you are still a troll.

You do realize that the success of the Saints is not a reflection on you, good or bad.

The fact that you troll opposing teams bulletin boards is a reflection on you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Good luck to the Saints, but I still have the Vikings as the best team in the NFL. You won't see NE in the SB, the AFC is filled with teams similar to the Saints. NE couldn't get it done against the Saints, they won't against any of the elite AFC teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Re: Good Luck the rest of the way!:
    Good luck to the Saints, but I still have the Vikings as the best team in the NFL. You won't see NE in the SB, the AFC is filled with teams similar to the Saints. NE couldn't get it done against the Saints, they won't against any of the elite AFC teams.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Maybe so, but I would love to see the Patriots make it.  I feel the Colts are flawed and the Vikes have not faced anyone like the Saints.

I Am just curious to see Paul-K's new rankings.  I am sure the Pats will move up and the Saints will drop again.

LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

I disagree. The NFC is on the rise. The Saints and Vikes are better than what the AFC has to offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Are you serious, they blew the Colts out (choked it away at the end, but were clearly better), and that is the team everyone thinks is the best in the AFC?  You should check the Boxscore and you may realize that tonights game was much closer than the final score.  Take the two long passes away and it is a toss up.  NE could have made it much closer by going on some long, time consuming drives in the fourth, but had to gamble to try to score quick which eliminates at least one NE score and probably gave NO the last score they got with the field position.  Add the missed FG and going for it in chipshot range and they could have made it look better on the board, but BB is about going for the win, not making it close! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The Saints are a juggernaut. Right now the NFCCG will be in NO, so you'll likely be in the SB. Enjoy the ride.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

Records at any given pont never show who the best team in the NFL is. Teams ride highs and lows. The only determinant is a sunday in february

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Drew Brees was the first QB to put up five TD's passing against a BB defense.  He was also the first QB to put up three TD's in one quarter.  I have proclaimed repect for the Patriots for the past week.  They have been, and still are, a great team.  But, there is another new great team this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Are you serious, they blew the Colts out (choked it away at the end, but were clearly better), and that is the team everyone thinks is the best in the AFC?  You should check the Boxscore and you may realize that tonights game was much closer than the final score.  Take the two long passes away and it is a toss up.  NE could have made it much closer by going on some long, time consuming drives in the fourth, but had to gamble to try to score quick which eliminates at least one NE score and probably gave NO the last score they got with the field position.  Add the missed FG and going for it in chipshot range and they could have made it look better on the board, but BB is about going for the win, not making it close! 
    Posted by joncort2

Sorry, Jon.  I am not sure what you are smoking. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Records at any given pont never show who the best team in the NFL is. Teams ride highs and lows. The only determinant is a sunday in february
    Posted by nepatsfan523

Agreed. We hope to be there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

The Saints are a juggernaut. Right now the NFCCG will be in NO, so you'll likely be in the SB. Enjoy the ride.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

The Vikes still worry me.  If we have them at home we will take them.  We need to run the table to get home field advantage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

I didn't mean to take anything from the Saints Guido, just stating football 101 and looking back at the game right now.  The Siants D had no answers for the Pats small ball game with a mix of plays, but when it got late and they needed quick scores the Saints defense could zero in and the PATS got easy to defend.  Watch the replay and it is obvious.  What the Saints did tonight was similar to what the Pats did to some of the good teams in 2007, got them behind and forced them to get one dimensional.  BB had very vanilla playcalling, wondering why no blitzes? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Good Luck the rest of the way!:
    Good luck the rest of he way.  I hope the Saints have the opportunity to meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  I have enjoyed the discussions (with those that were reasonable) and look forward to a continuing dialog.  The end result was what I was expecting.  I hope you all had a chance to learn a little about the Saints this week.  It looks like the Saints have extended their winning streak over AFC opponents to seven games.
    Posted by AsylumGuido

You deserved better than some cockier Pats fans treated you (including myself at times).

Have fun - your Saints are in for a fun ride this year.  I don't see any team beating them other than the game in Dallas (and we all know the Cowboys can't play in December).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Good Luck the rest of the way! : You deserved better than some cockier Pats fans treated you (including myself at times). Have fun - your Saints are in for a fun ride this year.  I don't see any team beating them other than the game in Dallas (and we all know the Cowboys can't play in December).
    Posted by NickC1188

Thanks, but those Cowgirls play us in the Dome, not in the Jerry Jones Moratorium.  If Brady had the troubles he had at our home can you imagine what that wuss Romo will do?

Once again, good luck, Nick and I will be around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

I agree, the only chance for a Saint loss is a trap game, they will beat the good teams and as long as they respect all of the games, they have a good shot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

Posted by joncort2
    delusional babbling...The Colts were clearly the better team in the 4th quarter, when it counted. They shredded the Pats D for 150 yards and 3 TD's. If you eliminate all of the Saints scores the Pats win 17-0, unfortunately the only place that works is in your head.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Guido
    Your Saints are the best team right now. Who will be when Feb. rolls around? We shall see. But you have shown respect on any post that I have seen here, and that is commendable. Try and enjoy the rest of the season. Take it from Patriot fans. As you get closer to the end, games will get tougher to win, no matter who your opponent is. The Saints have a big bullseye on their backs. Even teams with records below .500 will be all out to get you. A win against the Saints would make their season. Hopefully, you won't have as much trouble sleeping after games, as I had in 07. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Guido Your Saints are the best team right now. Who will be when Feb. rolls around? We shall see. But you have shown respect on any post that I have seen here, and that is commendable. Try and enjoy the rest of the season. Take it from Patriot fans. As you get closer to the end, games will get tougher to win, no matter who your opponent is. The Saints have a big bullseye on their backs. Even teams with records below .500 will be all out to get you. A win against the Saints would make their season. Hopefully, you won't have as much trouble sleeping after games, as I had in 07. 
    Posted by ricky1554atl

True.  That bullseye has been there and will get better.  But, as Brees acknowledged in an interview yesterday, they Saints know that bullseye is there abd continues to get bigger.  He said that i just makes the that much more focused every game to keep it alive.  They are not playing to go undefeated, they are [a;ying to win the games THIS week, EVERY week.  Same result, diferent approach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's not so outlandish to imagine a rematch of last night's game in the Super Bowl. Something beyond bizarre is going to have to happen for the Pats not to win the AFC East, and depending on how the seedings go, a rematch with Indy is not out of the question -- and I think it's a defensible position to say that the Pats can win that rematch.

Do I want to see the Saints again?

No, thank you.

If the Pats have designs on actually winning the Super Bowl, they would be well served to do what Bitchburgh did last year, and propel some scrub team like Arizona through the NFC tournament by sheer force of will.

Philadelphia, perhaps.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

The Saints looked good last night.  Good luck to them also, the rest of the way. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'll give it up to the Saints Guido. You're much better than us. On to Miami.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

The PATs wont make the SB this year. We need to correct too many flaws. Brady is still not Brady yet and we need to shore up the OL pass protection to give Brady time. The DL unit has not got an effective pass rush (need to bounce Burgess for sure) and the running game speaks for itself. Our secondary lost this game, but I still see promise in this young unit.

There is just too much to overcome this season yet I agree with critics that this team is better than the team that won our first SB. Obviously so is our competition. I look at this season as a rebuilding year and we will most likely be bounced out in the playoffs. I only hope we can get some real value in the draft next year and not have another (ala Maroney) series of 1st round busts... My 2 cents.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Posted by nepatsfan523

Very true nepat. 

In addition, the team who wins in February also may not be the best.  But they are the last and they get the ring.  And that is all that matters.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hey Guido! Congratulations on your team beating the #$%$^$&^&& out of us last night. Your team is the best one I have seen in a very long time. I do not see ANY team beating you in our conference. If you are the eventual winner in the NFC and end up meeting the frauds with horseshoes on their helmuts in the Super Bowl I will root for you to kick their azzes as well. I have only rooted for a NFC team in the Super bowl once in my entire life (going to be 59 soon)....that was the last time Opie Taylor All Growed Up accepted the "gifts" of the Refs, the League, The Rules Committee and Rex Grossman in the rain.

Sections
Shortcuts