Good News on Danny Woodhead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Good News on Danny Woodhead

Woodhead's ankle injury is just a sprain...no broken bones, or ligament damage. Though he'll likely miss the Jets' game, he should be "week to week" from there: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/10/04/the-latest-on-the-sprained-ankle-suffered-by-patriots-rb-danny-woodhead/  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead

Thanks Pat but it's the least of our worries. The combo of BJGE and Ridley may even be an improvement. The only issue is depth should one get injured.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

think vareen gets any action with woodhead out?  wouldnt mind seeing what this kid is all about..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great news! Still wish he was going to be out there Sunday against his old team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Very good news.  BJGE and Ridley are good but neither is close to the receiving threat out of the backfield that Woodhead is.  He's also very good at blitz pickup and running draw-type plays on third down.  We know from the last decade of Kevin Faulk how much a dynamic 3rd-down back adds to an offense, so Woodhead is important regardless of how well BJGE and Ridley are playing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think we need Hernandez back for this game with Woodhead out. Woodhead can really slow down a pass rush with his receiving skills on screens, plus he's got good quickness for draws and delays. I like Ridley and Benny, but I'm sure they're not as dynamic as a Woodhead or Faulk are in a third down back type of roll. Maybe Vareen gets his shot, but without any playing experience I doubt it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Good News on Danny Woodhead:
    [QUOTE]     Woodhead's ankle injury is just a sprain...no broken bones, or ligament damage. Though he'll likely miss the Jets' game, he should be "week to week" from there: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/10/04/the-latest-on-the-sprained-ankle-suffered-by-patriots-rb-danny-woodhead/   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead:
    [QUOTE]we get Kevin Faulk back after week 6 from the PUP list about it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Be nice to get a fresh KF back for the run to the playoffs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think the Patriots will unveil Vareen against the Jests and it also might be the first Haynesworth sighting in awhile. I don't know what the status of Hernandez is,but more importantly for the Patriots is the status of Mayo and Vollmer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Sort of what I thought with him walking off. Good news it's not a high ankle sprain.  That's tougher to shake.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah...just ask Rex Ryan and Nick Mangold...LOL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]think vareen gets any action with woodhead out?  wouldnt mind seeing what this kid is all about..
    Posted by grego84[/QUOTE]

Not this week against the Jets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]yea a lot of Pats fans have moved on and forget he is even on the team, that is what happens when a little white guy shows up and does a lot of the same things. But I would actually rather have Faulk in the game over Woodhead any day. Not hat I dont like Woodhead I just like Faulk more. He is a better blocker that is for sure.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

let's keep our fingers crossed faulk can deliver, coming off an injury, he's been out a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think we need Hernandez back for this game with Woodhead out. Woodhead can really slow down a pass rush with his receiving skills on screens, plus he's got good quickness for draws and delays. I like Ridley and Benny, but I'm sure they're not as dynamic as a Woodhead or Faulk are in a third down back type of roll. Maybe Vareen gets his shot, but without any playing experience I doubt it. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Hernandez makes the offense purr! It was his absence that was the difference against the Bills. He was Brady's favorite target until he got hurt. Though he's listed as a TE, he's really just a big WR.

Ridley really needs to step up this week.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Patriots will unveil Vareen against the Jests and it also might be the first Haynesworth sighting in awhile. I don't know what the status of Hernandez is,but more importantly for the Patriots is the status of Mayo and Vollmer.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Haynesworth may play...but not Vereen. Though he was an excellent receiver
    in college, he had some fumbling issues. Jets week is not the time to break him in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead :      Hernandez makes the offense purr! It was his absence that was the difference against the Bills. He was Brady's favorite target until he got hurt.Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

you sure? how come everybody else thinks its Welkekr, or Gronk?

With Hern back it will take the double team of Gronk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

THat is good news.

A word about BJGE though. He is a solid player. His good points are REALLY nice: (1) great instincts (2) quick to react to hit the hole (3) runs tough, great effort (4) very good balance - doesnt get knocked down much (5) developing into a good blocker (6) developing into a respectable receiver (7) doesnt fumble (8) falls forward

BUT-BUT-BUT... he has no second gear let alone third gear. THere was a play agasint the Raiders that realllllly highlighted this. One of his runs he made it into the secondary and had a little space. But he had neither the moves nor the quickness to turn it into a big run - it was just a nice run. Because of this he will NEVER EVER be a really, really good back. Just a dependable back who you can count on to do the things he is capable of but no more....

That is why Ridley will take more carries away from BJGE. That is why Vereen will eventually take carries from him. That is why he will eventually become a role player to deliver dependable time, touches. ANd a player giving depth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]THat is good news. A word about BJGE though. He is a solid player. His good points are REALLY nice: (1) great instincts (2) quick to react to hit the hole (3) runs tough, great effort (4) very good balance - doesnt get knocked down much (5) developing into a good blocker (6) developing into a respectable receiver (7) doesnt fumble (8) falls forward BUT-BUT-BUT... he has no second gear let alone third gear. THere was a play agasint the Raiders that realllllly highlighted this. One of his runs he made it into the secondary and had a little space. But he had neither the moves nor the quickness to turn it into a big run - it was just a nice run. Because of this he will NEVER EVER be a really, really good back. Just a dependable back who you can count on to do the things he is capable of but no more.... That is why Ridley will take more carries away from BJGE. That is why Vereen will eventually take carries from him. That is why he will eventually become a role player to deliver dependable time, touches. ANd a player giving depth.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

There's always room on this team for another Antwain Smith type of RB...which is what BJGE is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Thanks Pat but it's the least of our worries. The combo of BJGE and Ridley may even be an improvement. The only issue is depth should one get injured.

How can you say thats an improvement? Woodhead can block, he can run , he can catch and he's tough.  Thats a lot just to equal let alone beat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I prefer Ridley in the backfield. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Patriots will unveil Vareen against the Jests and it also might be the first Haynesworth sighting in awhile. I don't know what the status of Hernandez is,but more importantly for the Patriots is the status of Mayo and Vollmer.

i really hope you are right about ah

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I prefer Ridley in the backfield. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

i'm with you on that. i think he catches well too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Where have you been? Mayo is out for 4 to 6 weeks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Pat but it's the least of our worries. The combo of BJGE and Ridley may even be an improvement. The only issue is depth should one get injured . How can you say thats an improvement? Woodhead can block, he can run , he can catch and he's tough.  Thats a lot just to equal let alone beat.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

The Jets know how to contain Woodhead. They haven't experienced Ridley who is more of a threat to go around the end and cut upfield.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Very good news.  BJGE and Ridley are good but neither is close to the receiving threat out of the backfield that Woodhead is.  He's also very good at blitz pickup and running draw-type plays on third down.  We know from the last decade of Kevin Faulk how much a dynamic 3rd-down back adds to an offense, so Woodhead is important regardless of how well BJGE and Ridley are playing. 
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

Love Woodhead as much as anyone, pyegian, but that is not one of his strong suits.

Sections
Shortcuts