Good News On Day 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Good News On Day 1

Going to check the article out, but Yates was never an nfl scout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Always nice to hear the first good news coming from camp.  Got to be excited about all the new receivers and the evolution of the defense.  I'm really glad to hear Collins is making a contribution.  I think some more athleticism against the pass from the LBs will really help the pass D overall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Heard reports that Dobson was running REALLY fast and getting a lot 1st team reps today. Good news after an underwelming mini-camp.

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

He worked for the Chiefs in some kind of a scouting capacity.

He worked in their scouting department, but not as a scout, which could mean he organized scouting reports, got coffee, cleaned desks, put the little sticky things on the board, answered the phone on draft day, booked flights for scouts, booked hotels and rent a cars for scouts, or anything else people who are not scouts do in a scouting department.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's good to have some real football talk again.
    Here's more practice observations from Andy Hart,

http://www.patriots.com/news/blog/article-1/Fridays-practice-observations/f20f6f6d-0c1a-471e-bf6b-624467466133

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good to hear both Dobson and Boyce are out there practicing. Not so good to hear our 260 pound tight end (with a limp) ran right past Adrian Wilson, especially after that appeared to be the problem with him last year. Really it sounded like all our receivers played well today and that's encouraging because for years it was Welker and the tight ends...nothing else from anybody. If Gronk could get back healthy...added in with maybe three good receivers...the offense will be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Good to hear both Dobson and Boyce are out there practicing. Not so good to hear our 260 pound tight end (with a limp) ran right past Adrian Wilson, especially after that appeared to be the problem with him last year. Really it sounded like all our receivers played well today and that's encouraging because for years it was Welker and the tight ends...nothing else from anybody. If Gronk could get back healthy...added in with maybe three good receivers...the offense will be fine.

It's funny you mention this point. I said Ballard did not look good running at OTA's. Of course Rusty jumped in and called me a liar, even though he wasn't there and had no clue. I know when someone is limping however. He was limping again today, or running with a limp. Looks like his ankle is sprained. But some one said he ran like that with the Giants? I don't recall Ballard that much with the Giants other than his 2 games against the Pats, and I did not recall a limp? Did you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

NOT good to hear our QB had some accuracy issues today, especially when that has been a problem in recent years.

Yeah, that accuracy thing has really killed him and us...what's his completion percentage again? Lmao! Brady may be the most accurate QB in the league...has been for over a decade. He is so consistent in his delivery, velocity, trajectory and foot work that it's frightening.

You need to actually start watching football, rather than googling articles on it. Are you really this dumb?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He worked in their scouting department, but not as a scout, which could mean he organized scouting reports, got coffee, cleaned desks, put the little sticky things on the board, answered the phone on draft day, booked flights for scouts, booked hotels and rent a cars for scouts, or anything else people who are not scouts do in a scouting department.

Look, he's young. My point wasn't that he is some 30 year scouting veteran, but that he at least played football and was involved with the Chiefs in their process. I.E., it's not Mike Rodak or some crappy source.

Also, we have no idea what his role was. He comes off educated, at least.  Nice job trolling the thread, though.  You're good at that. God forbid fans have some enjoyment off some apparent good news for once.

No you lied, you called him a scout and its the second time you've done this. And don't try to play Internet cop, you've ruined this entire site...for Christ's sake you've ruined the entire information age.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It's funny you mention this point. I said Ballard did not look good running at OTA's. Of course Rusty jumped in and called me a liar, even though he wasn't there and had no clue. I know when someone is limping however. He was limping again today, or running with a limp. Looks like his ankle is sprained. But some one said he ran like that with the Giants? I don't recall Ballard that much with the Giants other than his 2 games against the Pats, and I did not recall a limp? Did you?

False again. I read Reiss's report it and knew it was correct before anything you said, because I trust Reiss.

The difference is, you made it seem like he was doomed and wouldn't be ready and 100% for SEpt. It's the sneaky, trollish tone and word choices you use.

It's like you can't wait to come in here and root for not so great news.  Then, when good news is in, you get all mad like Mt Hurl just did.

I never get mad

I never lie

Here are the facts. Ballard was limping in OTA's. Ballard was still running with a noticeable limp yesterday. However someone said he ran like that with the Jints. I do not recall if he did, but I did not remember seeing that limp when the Jints played the Pats.

My hope is that Ballard is the starter from day 1. 

My opinion is that Gronk has the ability to replace Hern in the move TE slot. I am hoping that Ballard can replace Gronk in the in-line TE slot. Sudfeld has the potential, and the hands to play either TE position. Ford is very intriguing as well. Cutting Fells and Hooma is risky, but nice savings to the cap. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Look, he's young. My point wasn't that he is some 30 year scouting veteran, but that he at least played football and was involved with the Chiefs in their process. I.E., it's not Mike Rodak or some crappy source.

Also, we have no idea what his role was. He comes off educated, at least.  Nice job trolling the thread, though.  You're good at that. God forbid fans have some enjoyment off some apparent good news for once.

No you lied, you called him a scout and its the second time you've done this. And don't try to play Internet cop, you've ruined this entire site...for Christ's sake you've ruined the entire information age.

I "lied"? What? The point was, he's a good football source. I, nor you have any idea in what capacity he worked in the Chiefs scouting department.

How is it a lie? 

Field Yates' Summary

"I'm a 2009 graduate of Wesleyan University with a BA in Psychology.

Immediately upon my graduation, I began working for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. I scouted for the team for one season, serving as an in-house scout under respected General Manager Scott Pioli, before working for a season as then-head coach Todd Haley's assistant.

After two seasons in Kansas City (which were preceded by four summers interning on the New England Patriots coaching and scouting staffs), I elected to spring a career in the world of sports media. I developed and maintained my own football blog, ThoughtsFromTheField.tumblr.com, and contributed to the rapidly-evolving website www.SBNation.com.

In May, 2012, I became a contributor to the Patriots coverage for ESPN Boston, reporting on all angles of the team and news related to it. All contributions can be found at http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots.

Starting in September of 2012, I began co-hosting the Fantasy Underground podcast, a fantasy football-focused podcast based in extensive film evaluation. The podcast, co-hosted by Christopher Harris of ESPN.com, was nominated by PodcastAwards.com in the Best Sports Podcast category.

In addition to my Patriots and fantasy football coverage, I write for the Insider platform of ESPN.com, covering the NFL.

Besides my work in sports media, I am a licensed residential real estate agent in the state of Massachusetts."

EXPOSED

The only ruining and trolling this board are you and your loser buddies. You can't even be civil and your reading comprehension is apparently so terrible, it's a convenient platform for you to troll. I am not on trial here.  Stop trying to derail threads that show positive Patriots news, you disgusting troll.

Yes, he worked for the KC Chiefs out of college and has some credence as an analyst.  Yes. Yes.

Get over it.

It's a far cry from reading some crap from Mike Loyko in a basement somewhere or some college intern like Mike Rodak.

THAT was the point.  I want real, objective analysis. Bad day for you, huh? Great news out of camp with the health issue players healthy.

Go bake a cake.

And now the facts, not twisted in Rusty-isms

Yates is a tremendous source with a great eye on what is happening on the field. He was trained as a scout. He was NOT a scout for the Chiefs. He worked as an in house employee doing analysis for the Chiefs. He also watched plenty of film on opponents, but more so for compiling info for the coaches to study. This meant preparing tape, looking for patterns with cadence, and looking for patterns from play sets. To say he was a scout in training probably is a good term. He did not scout college players. 

Regardless, if you want great analysis on what is unfolding on the field, Yates is the guy to read. Tremendous feel for the game, really a lot of experience on what is happening that most of us simply miss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I "lied"? What? The point was, he's a good football source. I, nor you have any idea in what capacity he worked in the Chiefs scouting department.

How is it a lie? 

Field Yates' Summary

"I'm a 2009 graduate of Wesleyan University with a BA in Psychology.

Immediately upon my graduation, I began working for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. I scouted for the team for one season, serving as an in-house scout under respected General Manager Scott Pioli, before working for a season as then-head coach Todd Haley's assistant.

After two seasons in Kansas City (which were preceded by four summers interning on the New England Patriots coaching and scouting staffs), I elected to spring a career in the world of sports media. I developed and maintained my own football blog, ThoughtsFromTheField.tumblr.com, and contributed to the rapidly-evolving website www.SBNation.com.

In May, 2012, I became a contributor to the Patriots coverage for ESPN Boston, reporting on all angles of the team and news related to it. All contributions can be found at http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots.

Starting in September of 2012, I began co-hosting the Fantasy Underground podcast, a fantasy football-focused podcast based in extensive film evaluation. The podcast, co-hosted by Christopher Harris of ESPN.com, was nominated by PodcastAwards.com in the Best Sports Podcast category.

In addition to my Patriots and fantasy football coverage, I write for the Insider platform of ESPN.com, covering the NFL.

Besides my work in sports media, I am a licensed residential real estate agent in the state of Massachusetts."

EXPOSED

The only ruining and trolling this board are you and your loser buddies. You can't even be civil and your reading comprehension is apparently so terrible, it's a convenient platform for you to troll. I am not on trial here.  Stop trying to derail threads that show positive Patriots news, you disgusting troll.

Yes, he worked for the KC Chiefs out of college and has some credence as an analyst.  Yes. Yes.

Get over it.

It's a far cry from reading some crap from Mike Loyko in a basement somewhere or some college intern like Mike Rodak.

THAT was the point.  I want real, objective analysis. Bad day for you, huh? Great news out of camp with the health issue players healthy.

Go bake a cake.

Ok if you want to back track and say he worked in their scouting department...fine, but you made it seem a month ago like the guy was a former scout. It's not like he worked in the NFL long - at least he did - but that's a far cry from the Chiefs handing the kid a laptop, an ipad, a travel account and sending him to the midwest for 6 months out of the year to "scout".

And listen I (like everyone else around here) am happy to have football started again. I love reading training camp reports. I love hearing about guys doing well. I hate to hear of injuries or guys losing a step...dropping balls, etc. I also like to be objective and real when this stuff starts - I'm not some first year...I got Patriot pajamas for Christmas...type of fan. So I want REAL facts, not just read and watch your love fest with any guy Bill brought in as a free agent. I'm rooting for them all, but I want to actually know what is going on.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I really don't remember how he ran, all I remember was this big tight end catching balls on us, but I just figured everyone catches balls on us. The guy looks like a freight train.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Let me understand, no pads, no contact, no two-a-days? How do you evaluate anybody under those conditions? Talk about coddled athletes.

And you can now get ejected from a college football game if you hit somebody hard or a pro game if you lower your head. 

What has the world come to? 

Sections
Shortcuts