good news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

good news

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

RT @BGlobeSports: Julian Edelman cleared to play; Aaron Dobson back at practice for today http://b.globe.com/13q90kM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: good news

just the fact that training camp is here is good news....lol.  It won't be much longer til the real action begins :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yep. Very good news. Glad Julian didn't miss much time. Lets hope he stays healthy now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hmmmm...I actually have Endelman on my likely won't make the cut list. He's an interesting story, and salute him for what he did to change his position, but I believe the clock strikes midnight for him this camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmm...I actually have Endelman on my likely won't make the cut list. He's an interesting story, and salute him for what he did to change his position, but I believe the clock strikes midnight for him this camp.

Ya, I think all their receiver have looked pretty good in camp but Amendola, Dobson, Slater take 3 or the receiver slots for sure  . . . that leaves Julian, Boyce, Aiken, Harrison, Jenkins, Sims, Tompkins, and the new guys there bring in fighting it out for 3 places on the roster . . . what Edelman has going for him is experience and he is one of the few from that group who is a slot receiver and they need a backup for Danny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Edleman has experience, knowledge of the offense and a connection with TB....what he doesn't have right now is conditioning and he's definitely not in "football" shape....this could be a very bad thing right now...hopefully they bring him along the right way and he can plant and cut at decent speed to begin with...I'm not certain he m akes the team, just hope he's still got it and does...they need him...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Edelman has more diversity than the rest. BB loves diversity. He is an excellent return guy and over all special teams contirbutor. I don't see BB cutting him unless he happens to be hurt again before the final cuts. And that obviously is always in play with Jules....................

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Edleman is fragile with poor hands.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Lets start with the obvious Julien Edelman can play WR,SWR,DB,P/R, and gunner. Name the receiver on the team other than Slater who plays 5 positions. They will keep him as long as he improves his health and also has a good pre-season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He can run, catch, and return kicks/punts.  That's a pretty valuable guy.  I'm sure there are others on the squad who would be missed less.  Like, oh I don't know, a third string QB maybe?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

From what I've seen of camp and it's not much, all of the receivers seem to be coming back for the ball as if it's under thrown.  Does anyone know if it's because:

A:  TB isn't use to the speed of the new guys?

B.  They are over running their routes?

C.  TB's arm Strong/Timing isn't their yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ya, I think all their receiver have looked pretty good in camp but Amendola, Dobson, Slater take 3 or the receiver slots for sure  . . . that leaves Julian, Boyce, Aiken, Harrison, Jenkins, Sims, Tompkins, and the new guys there bring in fighting it out for 3 places on the roster . . . what Edelman has going for him is experience and he is one of the few from that group who is a slot receiver and they need a backup for Danny.

[/QUOTE]

Boyce and Thompkins make the team easy, assuming they stay healthy. Edelman takes the final spot due to fact that he's an electrifying PR man. Edelman and Washington would make our ST game the best we've had since...EVER. Assuming Julie can stay healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

From what I've seen of camp and it's not much, all of the receivers seem to be coming back for the ball as if it's under thrown.  Does anyone know if it's because:

A and C. Brady hasn't had a dynamic WR since Moss, he became too dependent on 5 yards Welker that his deep ball has suffered since he came back. Let's hope he doesn't do the same with Amendola and that he develops some chemistry with Dobson and Boyce.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

A and C. Brady hasn't had a dynamic WR since Moss, he became too dependent on 5 yards Welker that his deep ball has suffered since he came back. Let's hope he doesn't do the same with Amendola and that he develops some chemistry with Dobson and Boyce.

Any change the Pats release this type of footage all year so that they can suprise a few teams at the begining of the season like they did with Moss?  Of course, they'd have to sit a couple of guys during pre-season or put them on the field when TB sits...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

If you are talking about guys on a "9"-route, fly pattern deep ball, then:

C. would be the most correct answer. TB isn't launching the ball either early enough, which is caused by lack of familiarity/timing sometimes, but is usually attributed to a lack of arm strength. The problem with the timing answer would be that a 5-7-step drop on a deep pattern is usually just when you drop to your spot, launch the ball to where the receiver should be. If they are coming back to those types of throws, its simply arm strength 9 out of 10.

If you are talking about guys on 15 to 25 yard patterns with a deliberate stop to the route then a quick turn to look back in at the ball followed by a plant and the receiver is driving hard back toward the ball to catch it, that is the proper technique and is emphasized by the receiver coaches every single day from high school on up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

If you are talking about guys on a "9"-route, fly pattern deep ball, then:

C. would be the most correct answer. TB isn't launching the ball either early enough, which is caused by lack of familiarity/timing sometimes, but is usually attributed to a lack of arm strength. The problem with the timing answer would be that a 5-7-step drop on a deep pattern is usually just when you drop to your spot, launch the ball to where the receiver should be. If they are coming back to those types of throws, its simply arm strength 9 out of 10.

If you are talking about guys on 15 to 25 yard patterns with a deliberate stop to the route then a quick turn to look back in at the ball followed by a plant and the receiver is driving hard back toward the ball to catch it, that is the proper technique and is emphasized by the receiver coaches every single day from high school on up. 

I was kind of hoping Brady just isn't use to the speed of the young receivers.  I remember him over throwing a few guys last year because they could catch up to the ball.  Let's hope these guys can run under those by week one and TB trust them enough to let it loose.

Route running will take time for them to get use to, let's hope we don't have any dumbies that can't read a playbook like Ocho Cinco!

Sections
Shortcuts