In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DT DT DT. We still need DT. Gregory smhhh let him go. Maybe Wilson can be healthy. I hope we go DT or DE in the first.  TE or OL in the second. Then RB or WR in the third. The rest depth. We had a good off season but I'm still looking for that killer pass rush. Vince is a ? And we don't have enough with him not healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

Are saying you're mad because they cut him, or that you want them to cut him?  

[/QUOTE]

I dont want him back. I think theres better options. He always looked late to the play *ray lewisesque* and he looked small to me.  It was mentioned that we may resign him, I'm not on that boat.

[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you guys.  If he is brought back it would be for vet min, which is all he is going to get at this point.  However; I hope they give Harmon that chance to win the spot, and hopefully get another vet to push him.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Good Offseason? i say yes

This is what's left of the safeties.  

Safeties

11. Major Wright 

13. Steve Gregory 
    14. Thomas DeCoud
    15. Nick Collins
    16. Ryan Clark
    21. Mike Adams
    22. Chris Crocker
    23. Yeremiah Bell
    24. Quintin Mikell

26. Kerry Rhodes 
    27. Pat Chung
    28. Michael Huff

32. Ed Reed
    33. Jim Leonhard

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Texans signed FS Chris Clemons to a two-year, $2.7 million contract.

Houston its overhauling its safety corps, landing Clemons and Kendrick Lewis, and bringing back Danieal Manning on a pay cut. Sophomore D.J. Swearinger also returns. Clemons, 28, started 32-of-32 games for the Dolphins the past two seasons. Although he isn't a big-time playmaker, Clemons can cover the deep middle and is a productive tackler, racking up 191 stops the past two seasons. He was a top-20 safety in Pro Football Focus' 2013 ratings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is what's left of the safeties.  

Safeties

11. Major Wright 

13. Steve Gregory 
    14. Thomas DeCoud
    15. Nick Collins
    16. Ryan Clark
    21. Mike Adams
    22. Chris Crocker
    23. Yeremiah Bell
    24. Quintin Mikell

26. Kerry Rhodes 
    27. Pat Chung
    28. Michael Huff

32. Ed Reed
    33. Jim Leonhard

[/QUOTE]

That's a sad commentary in itself. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I've liked what the Pats have done so far but agree with some of the previous posters about the need for upgrades on both lines. When we've played the tougher teams in the playoffs the past few years the lines have proven inadequate.

On offense the Pats have not been able to generate a running game and Brady's pocket has collapsed too often. On defense there's been little to no pressure on the opposing QB's to generate sacks or turnovers.

Adding Revis, Browner and LaFell should help but I would have been more than okay with only having one or two of these guys and replacing the other(s) with a  300 + pound mauler for either the OL or DL.

Maybe they'll get some help for the lines in the draft but picking 29th (or lower with a possible trade back)...... who knows. With the Pats needing a TE, running back, safety help and OL / DL reinforcements, that's a lot of positions to fill through one draft. Most of their picks really need to be hits.

Hopefully there are more moves coming before the draft or during training camp. At this point I don't see the Pats being  on the same level as S.F., Seattle or Denver primarily because of the OL and DL deficiencies.

I've been wrong before so take these opinions with the proverbial grain of salt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Got Revis, Browner, Lafell

Re-Signed Edelman, Wendell

Re-Structured Big Vince

Let go: Spikes

Lost: Blount

[/QUOTE]
    I'd say it was okay - almost a wash. Revis basically replaces Talib, who we didn't re-sign. We lost the defense's "intimidator" aka Spikes. 

The Patriots have yet to address the OL, DL (especially pass rush), a SS that can lay the wood, and a TE that replaces Hernandez' role.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm happy so far. I think there is more to do, and I'm not sure about bringing Wilfork back (even on what appears to be a team friendly deal), but I like the aggressive mentality. That's all I ever wanted was a sense of urgency, which I believe is what we are seeing now. BB can do it his way, I"m good with that - just wanted some urgency to the proceedings. There's more to do but I like what I see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re-Structured Big Vince

Ahhhh...you forgot about Talib leaving, and losing ILB depth, in both Spikes and Dane Fletcher. Blount was a bigger loss than most realize. He was the Pats main offensive weapon down the stretch, last season. Ridley is too erratic, and isn't the breakaway threat that Blount was.

Furthermore, the Pats did nothing to improve their pass-rush, or to upgrade their OL. Look for the Pats to address these areas in the draft...along with DT, RB, and LB depth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Re-Structured Big Vince

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh...you forgot about Talib leaving, and losing ILB depth, in both Spikes and Dane Fletcher. Blount was a bigger loss than most realize. He was the Pats main offensive weapon down the stretch, last season. Ridley is too erratic, and isn't the breakaway threat that Blount was.

Furthermore, the Pats did nothing to improve their pass-rush, or to upgrade their OL. Look for the Pats to address these areas in the draft...along with DT, RB, and LB depth.

[/QUOTE]

This is the definition of looking at the glass half empty....when it's actually flowing over the rim!

He didn't "forget about Talib leaving" Talib as good as he was was traded in for an upgrade in Revis. There is no loss, only a gain. We lose Spikes as a solid thumper but gain a 2nd year Collins to replace him. Did we lose there? No. We also get Mayo back healthy.

Pass rush gets better with VW or Kelly on the field with Siliga and Jones rotating, coupled with a likely early round DT in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I am overall happy so far, many big names and twists that were dealt with, but I have concerns that need to be addressed before the start of the season.

I am not worried about losing Spikes. With Mayo back, Hightower back in his natural role and the increased role of Collins I think our LB corps has a solid group at the top of the depth chart. We will have to see how well VW can play and if Kelly and Siliga can continue to play well along with Jones' putting more and more pressure on the QB, our pass rush should improve. Couple that with our MUCH improved secondary starting at CB I think McCourty at safety and a vet or possibly a draft pick fighting for play time.

I am somewhat worried about losing Blount, but was hoping we got Moreno and with both gone I guess BB is going to trust what he's got or find something in the FA or draft. But I am still somewhat worried obout our RB corps for the moment, although there is still a lot of time before the season so we shall see.

I think our WR group is improved; Edleman obviously coming back, we can only hope Amendola can somehow find chemistry with Brady, Dobson could be something special if his foot doesn't give him any set backs and he becomes more comfortable playing in the NFL. Adding LaFell is curious, BB and McDaniels must have seen something they really liked and feel his downfalls like staying focused in the game 100% of the time and those pesky drops can be fixed playing in the system with Brady. Boyce is an unknown and we know what we get from Thompkins, not much. Again time will tell as the offseason progresses.

Time for BB to go get some O line, Defense and TE help for this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am overall happy so far, many big names and twists that were dealt with, but I have concerns that need to be addressed before the start of the season.

I am not worried about losing Spikes. With Mayo back, Hightower back in his natural role and the increased role of Collins I think our LB corps has a solid group at the top of the depth chart. We will have to see how well VW can play and if Kelly and Siliga can continue to play well along with Jones' putting more and more pressure on the QB, our pass rush should improve. Couple that with our MUCH improved secondary starting at CB I think McCourty at safety and a vet or possibly a draft pick fighting for play time.

I am somewhat worried about losing Blount, but was hoping we got Moreno and with both gone I guess BB is going to trust what he's got or find something in the FA or draft. But I am still somewhat worried obout our RB corps for the moment, although there is still a lot of time before the season so we shall see.

I think our WR group is improved; Edleman obviously coming back, we can only hope Amendola can somehow find chemistry with Brady, Dobson could be something special if his foot doesn't give him any set backs and he becomes more comfortable playing in the NFL. Adding LaFell is curious, BB and McDaniels must have seen something they really liked and feel his downfalls like staying focused in the game 100% of the time and those pesky drops can be fixed playing in the system with Brady. Boyce is an unknown and we know what we get from Thompkins, not much. Again time will tell as the offseason progresses.

Time for BB to go get some O line, Defense and TE help for this team.

[/QUOTE]

^ last statement!! Laughing Especially, anything that will improve the pass rush.  Revis and Browner will make little difference if opposing QBs are given all day to throw.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Id take Major Wright or Quintin Mikel. Dont forget about the cuts at camp. 

Sections
Shortcuts