Good Offseason? i say yes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Good Offseason? i say yes

Got Revis, Browner, Lafell

Re-Signed Edelman, Wendell

Re-Structured Big Vince

Let go: Spikes

Lost: Blount

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Good Offseason? i say yes

I agree it has been a productive offseason to date....

They resigned Wendell?

Did blount sign with someone?

Edit: just saw wendell resigned & Blount signed with Pitt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

Re-Structured Big Vince

+1 YES

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pretty good offseason so far I'd say. They brought in another vet at WR to slightly improve that core, definitely improve the CB's, lost some depth at LB but can regain it in the draft, and everything remained the same so they've improved no doubt. Now lets hope they keep moving this forward into the draft and get some help at TE, DT, and DE as well as some more depth at OL and LB via the draft. The rest should take care of itself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Pretty good offseason so far I'd say. They brought in another vet at WR to slightly improve that core, definitely improve the CB's, lost some depth at LB but can regain it in the draft, and everything remained the same so they've improved no doubt. Now lets hope they keep moving this forward into the draft and get some help at TE, DT, and DE as well as some more depth at OL and LB via the draft. The rest should take care of itself.

Yes to all... though I would like to see more than depth at C/RG but sitll want upgrade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like it.  

• I'm fairly comfortable with the secondary, even if they don't get the strong safety we've been hoping for.  I think with the quality and depth they have at corner they have enough to get by even with their current safeties. 
    • I do think they need to continue to work on the D line. Getting a solid interior D linemen in the draft would be a big step forward.  A DE wouldn't hurt either, though I suspect that's more a veteran signing down the road.
    • I have an odd feeling that BB is going to pick a LB fairly high this draft.  One more guy in the mix would be big plus in my opinion.  
    • On offense, the center of the O line is still a bit weak, but we got by with that group last year and could again if we have to.  I wouldn't mind a higher pick used on a center or guard though.
    • The other areas on offense are pretty obvious.  I think we need a solid TE who can fill in when Gronk is out and be the second TE when Gronk is in.  I think we also need another WR.  In some ways, I look at these two positions together and think our needs at either one will depend on what we do at the other. 
    • We probably need a back-up RB . . . but that's not a huge concern.

Overall, I like the way we're shaping up for next year and just need a few pieces to make us a strong contender.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think this has been the best offseason the Pats have had in the past 5 years. Hope they can keep it rolling with the draft.

I give both the Revis and Browner signings an A

I give the Kelly restructure a B plus

I give the Edelman signing a B plus

I believe the pats blinked on Vince, but also understand Vince left a better offer from another team on the table to come back. Grade incomplete until we are sure of Vince's health

Lafell I give a C plus

I like Hooman as the 3rd TE option and give his signing a C plus

Wendell I give a C

Very good offseason and look forward additional moves

I think they resign Gregory prior to the draft. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

best offseason since 2007 and instead of loading on O its on D which is awesome

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think this has been the best offseason the Pats have had in the past 5 years. Hope they can keep it rolling with the draft.

I believe the pats blinked on Vince, but also understand Vince left a better offer from another team on the table to come back. Grade incomplete until we are sure of Vince's health

I think that would be tampering, no?  Wilfork was still under contract, so I doubt another offer was out there.  

Lafell I give a C plus

Are you grading the player or the signing?  Hoomanawanui may be a C player, but I don't see why the signing is bad.  Similar, with Wendell and LaFell.  

Wendell I give a C

I think they may resign him . . . not sure it will be before the draft though.  They may wait until they see what they get. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think that would be tampering, no?  Wilfork was still under contract, so I doubt another offer was out there.  

Really, does tampering even exist in the NFL? Schefter reported a better offer was on the table, so I will go with his report. He is always right

Lafell I give a C plus

Are you grading the player or the signing?  Hoomanawanui may be a C player, but I don't see why the signing is bad.  Similar, with Wendell and LaFell.  

Grading the signings. I liked Bo th signings, thought both were on the high side

Wendell I give a C

I think they may resign him . . . not sure it will be before the draft though.  They may wait until they see what they get. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I like it.  

• I'm fairly comfortable with the secondary, even if they don't get the strong safety we've been hoping for.  I think with the quality and depth they have at corner they have enough to get by even with their current safeties. 
    • I do think they need to continue to work on the D line. Getting a solid interior D linemen in the draft would be a big step forward.  A DE wouldn't hurt either, though I suspect that's more a veteran signing down the road.
    • I have an odd feeling that BB is going to pick a LB fairly high this draft.  One more guy in the mix would be big plus in my opinion.  
    • On offense, the center of the O line is still a bit weak, but we got by with that group last year and could again if we have to.  I wouldn't mind a higher pick used on a center or guard though.
    • The other areas on offense are pretty obvious.  I think we need a solid TE who can fill in when Gronk is out and be the second TE when Gronk is in.  I think we also need another WR.  In some ways, I look at these two positions together and think our needs at either one will depend on what we do at the other. 

Overall, I like the way we're shaping up for next year and just need a few pieces to make us a strong contender.  

Depth RB

2nd TE in draft to compliment Gronk

Interior OL depth/starter either vet or draft... move Connelly to C and put Cannon at RG if Seabass is healthy.

Need a high draft choice DT to replace Vince at some point.

Need LB depth

Need  DE/Rush LB to spell Nink and CJ.

SS??? I think Harmon can play there. If everyone is healthy they have some flexibility with the depth they now have in the secondary. 

As a unit the D is overall fairly young... IMO it is all bout depth and health as it seems they have enough talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I like it.  

Depth RB

Interior OL depth/starter either vet or draft... move Connelly to C and put Cannon at RG if Seabass is healthy.

Need LB depth

SS??? I think Harmon can play there. If everyone is healthy they have some flexibility with the depth they now have in the secondary. 

As a unit the D is overall fairly young... IMO it is all bout depth and health as it seems they have enough talent.

I agree . . . heck, with the number of 5 DB formations teams use, we can can even use Tavon Wilson and keep him on RBs and TEs, with McCourty and 3 corners worrying about anyone who gets deep.  If we get another good coverage LB to complement Collins, think about all the possibilities. 

And I agree, I liked Harmon's play last year . . . 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What does the Fox say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I like it.  

Depth RB

Need LB depth

I agree . . . heck, with the number of 5 DB formations teams use, we can can even use Tavon Wilson and keep him on RBs and TEs, with McCourty and 3 corners worrying about anyone who gets deep.  If we get another good coverage LB to complement Collins, think about all the possibilities. 

And I agree, I liked Harmon's play last year . . . 

This team is close.... if Gronk stays on the field and is anywhere near his normal level of play they will be there at the end. 

Seems the issue for them again like the last couple of years will be health to their stars. They seem to have more depth but they need to have their stars on the field making plays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This team has been a key injury(or 7) and a play away from around 4 more Super Bowl wins in the last 9 years, giving us 7 in the last 13.

The acquisitions we made this year plus an off season of health for VW, Mayo, Kelly, Volmer, Gronk, Revis (because he replaces softy Talib on a 60 mill deal in Dever!) Amendola, Vareen, Dobson, Thompkins, and maybe even Adrian Wilson to a team already 12-4 good, with 3 straight afc championship appearances in a row!!!????? Well yeah, I'd say this is a great off season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

DT DT DT. We still need DT. Gregory smhhh let him go. Maybe Wilson can be healthy. I hope we go DT or DE in the first.  TE or OL in the second. Then RB or WR in the third. The rest depth. We had a good off season but I'm still looking for that killer pass rush. Vince is a ? And we don't have enough with him not healthy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

DT DT DT. We still need DT. Gregory smhhh let him go. Maybe Wilson can be healthy. I hope we go DT or DE in the first.  TE or OL in the second. Then RB or WR in the third. The rest depth. We had a good off season but I'm still looking for that killer pass rush. Vince is a ? And we don't have enough with him not healthy. 

Are saying you're mad because they cut him, or that you want them to cut him?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It certainly looks more impressive than the dumpster diving BB has been doing for years at FA time. We still have serious problems though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Neither line has been fixed so a long way to go. Remember Wendell was the problem and not the solution.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Compared to the last two years...where I thought...what the hell are they doing?! This year has been much better.

I love the corners we signed, I've got think we will see more blitzing and pressure because of those two guys. Dennard is a good corner, Ryan too. McCourty is supposedly a great safety...and everyone has always told me Mayo would look much better with more talent around him...so here it is. I like what they added. And let's not forget Jaime Collins - I thought this guy looked like the best player on the field towards the end of last season, he should only get better with better players around him.

Laffel looks like he may help...they resigned Edelman.

So far, so good. I will say I thought they should of got Moreno, but if they land something better off of cuts, trade, etc...I think that would be great. I think they needed to add a pass rusher, the homerun would of been Allen...didn't happen.

There is more work to be done and I hope they do it - if this is all we're doing then I'd give it a B+...I'm looking for an A after what they have done over the last 5 years in free agency.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

One of the better off-seasons in quite some time.  Need some youth on both lines, depth at TE.  SS still an unanswered question but I agree that Harmon did look good last year.  I'm inclined to agree:  talent is there, depth is needed.

I don't give grades but I really like the off season acquisitions and re-signings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I dont want him back. I think theres better options. He always looked late to the play *ray lewisesque* and he looked small to me.  It was mentioned that we may resign him, I'm not on that boat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re-Structured Big Vince

you forgot we lost Talib, but agree with you I think we are improved.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I dont want him back. I think theres better options. He always looked late to the play *ray lewisesque* and he looked small to me.  It was mentioned that we may resign him, I'm not on that boat.

Me too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re-Structured Big Vince

Agreed.  I think it's been a pretty productive off season.

Sections
Shortcuts