Good Omen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan418. Show patsfan418's posts

Good Omen?

ESPN was saying that New England will have a hard time winning in NO because it's hard to play in their dome especially against their high-powered offense.  If history repeats itself they should win.  Think back to Brady's first Superbowl in 2001.  They played in that very dome against "The Greatest Show on Turf".  I have a good feeling about Brady going back to the dome he won his first Superbowl in. 

GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Good Omen?

In Response to Good Omen?:
    [QUOTE]ESPN was saying that New England will have a hard time winning in NO because it's hard to play in their dome especially against their high-powered offense.  If history repeats itself they should win.  Think back to Brady's first Superbowl in 2001.  They played in that very dome against "The Greatest Show on Turf".  I have a good feeling about Brady going back to the dome he won his first Superbowl in.                                       GO PATS!
    Posted by patsfan418[/QUOTE]
    Now that you mention it, I would love to see the Pats put a hurting on the Saints receivers like they did to the Rams in that Superbowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I agree pf418, Brady will have a field day.  Hell 2 weeks ago he put up 30+ in a dome.

It's the Defense that's the Bad Omen and scares me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I just read the article about the hype already starting a week out. Then I read the fans thoughts at the bottom. You can tell these newbys have not had to many "big Games" before. Most think this will be a cake walk and a lot was down right hatred for the Pats!! JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!!! It will be funny reading the comments after the game. Now I do not think it will be a cake walk for us and Bill will not ever have that sentiment creep into the teams thoughts. They will anylize the Saints and Bill will come up with a plan to beat them. 

Go Pats!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Re: Good Omen?:
    [QUOTE]I just read the article about the hype already starting a week out. Then I read the fans thoughts at the bottom. You can tell these newbys have not had to many "big Games" before. Most think this will be a cake walk and a lot was down right hatred for the Pats!! JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!!! It will be funny reading the comments after the game. Now I do not think it will be a cake walk for us and Bill will not ever have that sentiment creep into the teams thoughts. They will anylize the Saints and Bill will come up with a plan to beat them.  Go Pats!!! 
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

And then there are those of us that have always respected the Patriots and have a very good understanding of both squads.  I believe this game could be a cakewalk given an early run by the Saints.  But, what I expect is a tight first half with the Saints pulling away in the second half.  Do not underestimate the Saints.  I have watched every game for longer than I can remember and this is far and away the most balanced and explosive squad on both sides of the ball we have ever had.  Even in the preseason I was seeeing the signs that reminded me of the great teams, including the Super Bowl winning Patriots squads.

I will guarantee you that the Saints will be taking the field extremely focused and in no way overconfident.  Can you say the same for the Patriots?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Because the fans play and influence the preparation of the team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]Because the fans play and influence the preparation of the team?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

No, the Saints themselves prepare and play.  But, unless you have ever been in the Superdome with 70,000 plus fans who have also "prepared" all day you could not understand the disadvantage that opposing teams face.  Unlike the Colts, there is no need to pipe in crowd noise.  You can forget about trying to audible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : And then there are those of us that have always respected the Patriots and have a very good understanding of both squads.  I believe this game could be a cakewalk given an early run by the Saints.  But, what I expect is a tight first half with the Saints pulling away in the second half.  Do not underestimate the Saints.  I have watched every game for longer than I can remember and this is far and away the most balanced and explosive squad on both sides of the ball we have ever had.  Even in the preseason I was seeeing the signs that reminded me of the great teams, including the Super Bowl winning Patriots squads. I will guarantee you that the Saints will be taking the field extremely focused and in no way overconfident.  Can you say the same for the Patriots?
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]
    Are you saying the Patriots are going into this over confident? The Patriots don't take any game lightly. Not as long as Belichick has been here. Also I think you should wait to see if the Saints can even make it to a SuperBowl before you start comparing them to the Great Teams. You've played and won every game this year but you haven't played a team like the Pats yet. I've seen the Saints D this year and we are going to score early and often. Maybe you can out score us..Who Knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : No, the Saints themselves prepare and play.  But, unless you have ever been in the Superdome with 70,000 plus fans who have also "prepared" all day you could not understand the disadvantage that opposing teams face.  Unlike the Colts, there is no need to pipe in crowd noise.  You can forget about trying to audible.

A Belichick coached team is always ready. They may not always win, but they are NEVER unprepared.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : No, the Saints themselves prepare and play.  But, unless you have ever been in the Superdome with 70,000 plus fans who have also "prepared" all day you could not understand the disadvantage that opposing teams face.  Unlike the Colts, there is no need to pipe in crowd noise.  You can forget about trying to audible.

I guess that the Saints never lost at the Superdome with that huge disadvantage, we can't understand, that the visitors face.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : I guess that the Saints never lost at the Superdome with that huge disadvantage, we can't understand, that the visitors face.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I wonder what the Pats record is in the Super Dome. I am pretty sure they won the last time they were there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

If I didn't know any better I'd say the RCA Dome was louder than the Superdome will be. 

Forget about trying to audible, really? That's one of the dumbest things i've read.  It's called silent audibles and snap counts. 

If anyone needs to forget about anything, Sean Peyton can forget about out-coaching Bill Belichick.

These are the types of games that Bill cooks something up that is extra special and just baffles the opposing teams offense.  Trust me, if they have as bad of a first half as they did against Miami or Carolina it won't be fun.  The Pats have the ability to take the crowd out of a game quick - just ask the Colts, who's fans have been shut-up numerous times by the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : Good point. I wonder what the Pats record is in the Super Dome. I am pretty sure they won the last time they were there.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

But the last time the Pats were in the Dome they were not facing the team that plays in the Dome.  That game there were 60,000 attendees that were simply watching two teams play.  On Monday you will see 70,000 fans 100% behind the Saints.  BIG difference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : And then there are those of us that have always respected the Patriots and have a very good understanding of both squads.  I believe this game could be a cakewalk given an early run by the Saints.  But, what I expect is a tight first half with the Saints pulling away in the second half.  Do not underestimate the Saints.  I have watched every game for longer than I can remember and this is far and away the most balanced and explosive squad on both sides of the ball we have ever had.  Even in the preseason I was seeeing the signs that reminded me of the great teams, including the Super Bowl winning Patriots squads. I will guarantee you that the Saints will be taking the field extremely focused and in no way overconfident.  Can you say the same for the Patriots?

Yes I can, They are excited and they know that this will resolve any questions about past games and put them on a path to the SB as the team to beat. You don't really think a team or a stadium is going to scare them. they are ready and eager to take on the Saints

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

ESPN says a lot of things, and most of which I do my best not to pay any attention to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : Yes I can, They are excited and they know that this will resolve any questions about past games and put them on a path to the SB as the team to beat. You don't really think a team or a stadium is going to scare them. they are ready and eager to take on the Saints
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

The Saints are not thinking about past game.  They are not thinking about future games.  There whole mantra this year has been to put 100% into the game that they are playing THIS week.  And, no, I don't think your PAtriots would be scared of the Saints.  But, I know that they respect them and also know that it will take a perfect effort to defeat them.

As for the Superdome crowd, fear once again is not the factor.  It is the very tangible fact that it makes the ability to audible impossible.  Also, you must be aware of your Patriots' difficulties on the road this year.  The Pats have had a great run, but you have to recognize the weaknesses.  The Saints have dominated all home games this year.  

It is time for you to be realistic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN says a lot of things, and most of which I do my best not to pay any attention to.
    Posted by DBAZ22[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely.  That is why I always do my own research.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Granted, this was more than 10 years ago, but the last time I was in the SuperDome there were more Pats fans than Saints fans. I suspect that if you discount the bandwagon factor, there probably aren't 70,000 Saints fans on the entire planet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : The Saints are not thinking about past game.  They are not thinking about future games.  There whole mantra this year has been to put 100% into the game that they are playing THIS week.  And, no, I don't think your PAtriots would be scared of the Saints.  But, I know that they respect them and also know that it will take a perfect effort to defeat them. As for the Superdome crowd, fear once again is not the factor.  It is the very tangible fact that it makes the ability to audible impossible.  Also, you must be aware of your Patriots' difficulties on the road this year.  The Pats have had a great run, but you have to recognize the weaknesses.  The Saints have dominated all home games this year.   It is time for you to be realistic.

Been there, done that. What I'm hearing here are a lot of Cliche's and media talking points. The Pats lost 2 games on the road earlier this year because their offense was junk at that point in the season and the 3rd loss was against a team that is better than the Saints.Your not facing the same offense and Tom Brady that lost to the Bronco's and the Jets earlier on. You say the Saints aren't looking at their own Past games but you seem to be looking at ours as a tell tale on what is going to happen Monday night. Here's what's going to happen. The Pats are going to score in the mid to high 30's unless they completely fall apart. Do you think the Saints are going to score 38+ points? I'm not saying they won't but I think it is unlikely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

I can't imagine the Pats being anything but focused.  And why do you expect the Pats to be "overconfident?"  They just blew a road game to an undefeated team two weeks ago.  They've lost three.  They're in a dogfight for the 2nd best record in the AFC.  The Pats certainly won't be intimidated, and should be reasonably confident, but overconfident?  No way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

The Pats go into this game the hungrier team. Usually that translates to a win, other than the Colts game which was eerie for a Pats fan and just a great game to watch for a fan of football.

The Patriots offense has the ability to hang 50 on any defense when weather isn't a factor so this game is going to come down to more than who is the better shooter. Its going to come down to who takes care of the ball, who avoids stupid penalties and who is willing to go for it on 4th and 2 with the game on the line. BB took a lot of heat for it but it shows you who we are as a Patriots Team. NEVER SCARED!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

You can't possibly think that the crowd noise in NO will be any worse than anytime the Patriots have played in Indy for the last 10 years.......to say that the Patriots won't be prepared for it is ludicrous.........the Patriots play in huge games like this every year........this game amy be on of the 3 biggest games in franchise history for the Saints

I am taking nothing away from your team.........but don't come to Patriots site beating your chest that the Patriots are going to wilt because of crowd noise.......

Also, have you considered that it might not be loud very long.........while the Patriots did execute the 2 hand choke in the 4th qtr against the Colts, they had their crowd pretty quiet for the first 3 quarters........the Saints defense better come ready to play.......i think the Patriots come out looking for blood and get  big early lead

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : Granted, this was more than 10 years ago, but the last time I was in the SuperDome there were more Pats fans than Saints fans. I suspect that if you discount the bandwagon factor, there probably aren't 70,000,000 Saints fans on the entire planet.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I will admit that there are a huge number of bandwagon fans all across the country.  But, those 70,000 fans that show up in the Superdome for every game have been and continue to be Saints fans 365 days a year.  The Saints have always had one of the more solid fan bases in the NFL.  I am not sure where the perception came from that they didn't.  Perhaps it was during that short stretch when the Aints where popular.  As a form of protest, several fans wore paper bags over their heads while attending Saints games.  The reason for the protest was dissatisfaction with the administration over several years of mediocre teams which consistently were finishing at 7-9, 8-8, etc and failing to make the playoffs.  The fan base wanted a more aggressive pursuit of talent and better coaching.  But, they were still very loyal to the team itself and and keep showing up at games, albeit in a bag.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Saints fans will be a lot louder than usual since they won't have bags over their heads.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : You can't possibly think that the crowd noise in NO will be any worse than anytime the Patriots have played in Indy for the last 10 years.......to say that the Patriots won't be prepared for it is ludicrous.........the Patriots play in huge games like this every year........this game amy be on of the 3 biggest games in franchise history for the Saints I am taking nothing away from your team.........but don't come to Patriots site beating your chest that the Patriots are going to wilt because of crowd noise....... Also, have you considered that it might not be loud very long.........while the Patriots did execute the 2 hand choke in the 4th qtr against the Colts, they had their crowd pretty quiet for the first 3 quarters........the Saints defense better come ready to play.......i think the Patriots come out looking for blood and get  big early lead
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

I would never underestimate the Patriots.  I have seen some or all of every game they have played over the past few years.  Although, I am sure that you are greatly underestimating the Saints.  This is far and away the best team that has ever taken the field in a Saints uniform.  I am sure that most are aware of the offensive abilities, but the defense and special teams are much better than the casual fan realizes.  The defense is coming into Monday's game as healthy as they have been since week five.

Believe me, I am not disrespecting the Patriots, but simply pointing out that there can be more than one or two elite teams in the league.  This game is extremely important to the Saints for the same reason it is to the Patriots ... playoff seeding.  While the Patriots are hoping for a first round bye, or at least a home game, the Saints are in pursuit of home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  I doubt the Patriots will wilt and cannot remember saying they would.  But, be prepared for a big letdown.  While your Pats may not be overconfident it is obvious that many of the fans are extremely overconfident.

Sections
Shortcuts