Good question... who would you rather have on Pats, Richie or Jonathan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Good question... who would you rather have on Pats, Richie or Jonathan?

If you could take just one or the other but you HAD TO take 1....   This should be interesting so please just add a few comments why.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Good question... who would you rather have on Pats, Richie or Jonathan?

Slippery slope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Johnathan, and there was really no internal debate. That's not to say that I'd want Johnathan on this team, but if I have to pick one, it's going to be Martin, no question. 

I really can't see how anyone could argue otherwise. 

Incognito is a sociopath. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Richie......and then immediately trade him to the Jets for a bag of peanuts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Johnathan, and there was really no internal debate. That's not to say that I'd want Johnathan on this team, but if I have to pick one, it's going to be Martin, no question. 

I really can't see how anyone could argue otherwise. 

Incognito is a sociopath. 

Ritchie is crazy, but I would never-ever trust Martin in my locker room either.  Catch 22. 

I wouldn't want either and I won't answer it, but judging by what Dolphin players have said I think the easy answer actually is Ritchie as they showed compassion for him and not Martin. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Ritchie is crazy, but I would never-ever trust Martin in my locker room either.  Catch 22. 

I wouldn't want either and I won't answer it, but judging by what Dolphin players have said I think the easy answer actually is Ritchie as they showed compassion for him and not Martin.

Do you think that someone in their right mind, would ever say anything less-than-glowing about Incognito? About a sociopathic, woman-abusing, roid-headed, insecure bully?

The guy is crazy, and if confronted by a reporter, I'd likely keep my mouth shut, or say something fantastic about the guy.

I don't think Incognito's teammates are objective judges of his character. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Maybe that's because Incognito is still on the team.  The Dolphins players just like anyone else in the Dolphins organization have an incentive to support Incognito and bash Martin both to protect the organization and their careers.

To me this is an obvious choice.  Worst case scenario with Martin is that he is too reserved and hypersensitive.  Worst case scenario with Incognito he is a raging psychopath that routinely gets in trouble with the law.  Frankly the fact that so many teams (including the Pats) supposedly didn't draft Incognito because of "character concerns" leads me to believe they would make the same decision as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Maybe that's because Incognito is still on the team.  The Dolphins players just like anyone else in the Dolphins organization have an incentive to support Incognito and bash Martin both to protect the organization and their careers.

To me this is an obvious choice.  Worst case scenario with Martin is that he is too reserved and hypersensitive.  Worst case scenario with Incognito he is a raging psychopath that routinely gets in trouble with the law.  Frankly the fact that so many teams (including the Pats) supposedly didn't draft Incognito because of "character concerns" leads me to believe they would make the same decision as well.

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

+1

Hey it what it is is. 

Dolphins said they liked Ritchie and stand by him and not Martin those are the only facts, and you Dreighver can assume there's more to it and that may be true.  I am just speaking on what we know as far as the facts.  Again, I never said Ritchie is the one to take as I wouldn't want either of them. 

I am just debating the fact that dreighver said you cannot debate picking ritchie when I think you absolutely can make a point for Ritchie, because the Dolphins did in fact take his side afterall -- regardless of interpretation of underlying assumptions. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think you absolutely can make a point for Ritchie, because the Dolphins did in fact take his side afterall --

Any Dolphins player that publically took Martin's side would be essentially ending their career with the Dolphins and probably any other NFL team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think you absolutely can make a point for Ritchie, because the Dolphins did in fact take his side afterall --

Any Dolphins player that publically took Martin's side would be essentially ending their career with the Dolphins and probably any other NFL team.

They have the right not to comment on the matter either...  They can say they are moving on and worrying about next week.  But they spoke out for Ritchie. 

Look, they aren't risking their character either, there is a reason they're speaking out too. 

However you want to perceive the information is up to you... again, I was just saying you can make a case for Ritchie as dreighver said you cannot.  I like to debate and I saw my opportunity. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

They have the right not to comment on the matter either...  They can say they are moving on and worrying about next week.  But they spoke out for Ritchie. 

Look, they aren't risking their character either, there is a reason they're speaking out too. 

However you want to perceive the information is up to you... again, I was just saying you can make a case for Ritchie as dreighver said you cannot.  I like to debate and I saw my opportunity. 

The case you're making completely lacks some facts that we know to be true... those are:

-Incognito left a voicemail (perhaps multiple voicemails) which threatened Martin with violence and included racial slurs.

-Incognito sexually molested a 34-year-old woman.

-Incognito stated in a voicemail that he wanted to have intercourse with Martin's sister. He didn't put it quite as eloquently, though.

-Incognito was kicked off multiple college teams.

-Incognito held team meetings at strip clubs.

If you accept those facts to be true, which they are, and you still want Incognito on this team, fine. That's your choice. I'm simply saying, that with those pieces of information in mind, I cannot understand why anyone would want Incognito on the team. As I said, if you're okay with it, all the more power to you. I will accept that I can't understand your reasoning. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The case you're making completely lacks some facts that we know to be true... those are:

-Incognito left a voicemail (perhaps multiple voicemails) which threatened Martin with violence and included racial slurs.

-Incognito sexually molested a 34-year-old woman.

-Incognito stated in a voicemail that he wanted to have intercourse with Martin's sister. He didn't put it quite as eloquently, though.

-Incognito was kicked off multiple college teams.

-Incognito held team meetings at strip clubs.

If you accept those facts to be true, which they are, and you still want Incognito on this team, fine. That's your choice. I'm simply saying, that with those pieces of information in mind, I cannot understand why anyone would want Incognito on the team. As I said, if you're okay with it, all the more power to you. I will accept that I can't understand your reasoning. 

Ok, no doubt.  Ritchie is not exactly a model citizen. 

But realize you keep saying that IF I condone these types of acts -- then that's on me.  I never did.  Just stating a case for Ritchie as you said it cannot be done.  I think you keep missing that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Martin and it isn't close.  Richie is a piece of s**t both on and off the field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Based on the on the field performance of both of them and the entire Miami O-line i wouldn't take either of them. Brady is taking way to many hits as it is why bring in either of these 2 guys. Miami's Qb is being hit more than NE's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

By The Numbers

72 NFL players were asked to anonymously answer the following questions in the wake of the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin scandal. Here are the results:

Which player would you rather have as a teammate?

Incognito 15 Martin 34 Neither 23

Have you been the victim of hazing in the NFL? True 31 False 41

Have you provided money as a result of being hazed? If true, what's the most you have given?* True 28 False 44 *Amounts ranged from $40 to $18,000

Sections
Shortcuts