Good read here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Good read here!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/28/ten-things-to-know-right-now-about-the-labor-situation-3/related. I know we all have beat this subject to death. And I think we all can agree wether you are pro player or pro owner that one thing both sides should agree upon that the lawyers do not get more and more money as this drags on. In fact what both sides should do is penalize them if it does drag on and on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Good read here!

In Response to Re: Good read here!:
    [QUOTE]The fact that I can see both sides issues means nothing next to the fact that they're taking us for granted like he says. IMO they players should make less.....all of them and not just the ST guys and linemen. I also think the owners should make less by reducucing ticket prices and making it a game for the blue collar guys again. I seen a pair of seats for that Jets playoff game...on the forty, front row for $1,600/seat. Can you imagine paying $3,200 plus to go to one football game? I honestly think they need to cut the crap and start being a little more understanding of what both sides are doing before they end up with bigger problems than trying to figure out the cut of our money!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Nice thoughts but unless you know a way to change human nature, your wishes will not becoming true.  However, if you do know a way to change human nature, see if you can bring an end to war in addition to these thoughts of yours.  Thanks in advance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that I can see both sides issues means nothing next to the fact that they're taking us for granted like he says. IMO they players should make less.....all of them and not just the ST guys and linemen. I also think the owners should make less by reducucing ticket prices and making it a game for the blue collar guys again. I seen a pair of seats for that Jets playoff game...on the forty, front row for $1,600/seat. Can you imagine paying $3,200 plus to go to one football game? I honestly think they need to cut the crap and start being a little more understanding of what both sides are doing before they end up with bigger problems than trying to figure out the cut of our money!

Sam-Adams, I agree with everyhing you stated 100%~! I think you speak for the majority of the fans when you say the game is about unafordable for middle class Americans. Lets see what do I do, buy a used car to get back and forth to work, or spend that $3200. to go to a football game?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I choose to spread my money out instead of putting it into one pot. I love football, but there is no way I could see myself dropping that kind of money on season tickets.

I'll just fly in every other year for a day game in October and enjoy it.

This article is a good summary, but we already pretty much know the reasons for this lockout at this point.

The players only hope is for Nelson to rule in their favor.   But, they still need a deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

A double Amen to that, brother Sam! Both sides are greedy, and, regardless of their alleged love for the fans...they could really care less about what the fans want, or think.

The month of March is a slow, dull time for football fans. But, I for one must admit that this labor cat-fight has really turned me off. I'm sick and tired of that arrogant, political hack of a Commissioner...sick and tired of jerks like Adrian (Slave) Peterson, sick and tired of the NFL's answer to A-Rod, Peyton Manning...and sick and tired of helping to make it possible for idiots like Antonio Cromartie, Logan Mankins, Santonio Holmes, Terrell Suggs, and Bart Scott to earn fame, and millions.

Even the upcoming draft is getting tainted by the players, as they are attempting to dissuade the members of the 2011 draft class from participating. Through their lawsuits, they are threatening the continuance of the draft in the future...which is the life blood of the league, and the very essence of the game.

If they care about the fans as they say...I can't imagine how much worse it would be for fans if they hated us??!! Roger Goodell, greedy, short-sighted owners and agents, and, especially, arrogant players, with an obnoxious sense of entitlement, are in the process of ruining the league.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The "fun" continues: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/29/retired-players-file-a-class-action-lawsuit-that-primarily-attacks-the-draft/

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good read here! : Sam-Adams, I agree with everyhing you stated 100%~! I think you speak for the majority of the fans when you say the game is about unafordable for middle class Americans. Lets see what do I do, buy a used car to get back and forth to work, or spend that $3200. to go to a football game?!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]wow, an actual opinion and contribution from the giggedy-giggedy head of quaggy naggy! wait a second, someone must have hacked into his account.... lets see if it becomes a trend. LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

You guys are all correct in your opinions/assesments of this whole dirty mess! I have been to exactly 2 pro fotball games in my life, and as much as I love the game and atmosphere, I'll keep my hard earned middle class wages and watch from home! Millionaires paying millionaaires to play akids game, all the while preying on Joe average income to finance it all, hurts us all in the wallet! The owners and players will both be whining more and more that they are losing money the longer this goesand they will be..........OUR MONEY!!! Get this all over with and let them play football and give us something else to talk about. Sorry everyone, for the rant just getting sick of rich people complaining about money. Most of us worry bout our mortgage, not how tobuy aforth or fifth Escalade!!! Peace everyone! KMc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Im a pretty hardcore football fan.. but I can count on one hand the amount of money ive added to that 9 billion dollars they are trying to divy up.  I watch the games from home and play my free fantasy football league.  Never been to a real game, dont have any jerseys, and I eat drink and sleep football come september. 

Thats all it would take, pissed off fans like you guys here just stop going to games.  Well everyone for that matter.. if no one went to game and just watched em at home ticket prices would drop.  They would probably black out the games from tv after awhile but the fans voice would finally be heard.  It would make National news.. ESPN would be ragging on Players and Owners alike.. and if it didnt destroy the game it would absolutley make it better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Basic Economics, meet Sam. He doesn't get you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Nice thoughts but unless you know a way to change human nature, your wishes will not becoming true.  However, if you do know a way to change human nature, see if you can bring an end to war in addition to these thoughts of yours.  Thanks in advance. Des, what happened to the text? It matched your avatar. We agree that human nature blows sometimes but solving this is far easier than something serious like war. All we have to do is stop paying the ticket prices. Egypt just ousted their leader by a couple guys who cared and had access to the internet. The same crazed enthusiasm we have for the game could be easily turned and pointed at the owners/players to make it more affordable for all. If we could just get it rolling it would take off.

Yes Egypt got Mubarak to go.  However do not look for the idealistic young professionals you saw leading the charge for "democracy", to be out front anymore.  Their "revolution" has already been hi-jacked via an agreement between the military and the Muslim brotherhood.  Once elections are held, the power structure will look very much like the old one.  It is already underway.  More human nature and very predictable.  I suspect that the future in the middle east does not belong to those who are westernized and despite all the brouhaha, not much will really be changing. 

That said, I have no problem not paying the ticket prices.  Now if I can only not turn on the TV..

Sections
Shortcuts