Good Riddance Adalius

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Good Riddance Adalius

I hope they put his butt on the bench for the rest of the year. Same with Burgess. Play Ninkovich and Banta-Cain as the full time OLBs with Woods coming off the bench. 

Then next year sign Peppers and/or Taylor and draft Hughes and another high impact pass rusher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Good Riddance Adalius

yup....why not load up on talent on the defense like they did in 2007 for the offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I agree with sitting Thomas.  His attitude isn't where it needs to be, and people like that are a cancer in any organization.  They can influence others.  His comments today I think sealed the deal for him.

As for Peppers, I'm against any big name free agents that command FT. Knox deals.  the percentage of these guys who live up to their contract is very small.  For every Jared Allen there are 10 Adalius Thomas types.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He's hating life here, no doubt about it. I saw the ESPN piece where he was talking about being sent home for being late and one of his comments when asked about Belichick's decision was "He did what he thought was best for him", Referring to BB. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.My feeling is, Out with the bad air, in with the good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Good Riddance Adalius:
    [QUOTE]I agree with sitting Thomas.  His attitude isn't where it needs to be, and people like that are a cancer in any organization.  They can influence others.  His comments today I think sealed the deal for him. As for Peppers, I'm against any big name free agents that command FT. Knox deals.  the percentage of these guys who live up to their contract is very small.  For every Jared Allen there are 10 Adalius Thomas types.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I agree . . . to an extent. AD was clearly a product of being in a great defense. Lewis. Reed. Scott. Suggs, Etc.

Peppers has consistently done it year in and year out. If averaging ten sacks a year for eight years is what he does playing "when he wants to" I'd love to see him here as an OLB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I would have been happy with Jason Taylor. He's a classy guy and a good ball player. He would have helped us out this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]I would have been happy with Jason Taylor. He's a classy guy and a good ball player. He would have helped us out this year.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

In would be happy with him next year as well. As an alternative to peppers, they could sign him for two years and draft a few pass rushers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Honestly tho I don't blame him. If he is being honest and woke up to the snow storm, then being 10 mins late really isn't that big of a deal. Sending players home like that does nothing to the team's play if the meeting is as important as BB think it is, then they shouldn't be missing it completely. If BB wants to set the tone or set an example, do it in a non snowstorm day, or do that in game. I don't care that all but 4 were late, some can live 25 miles away from the meeting, some can live 5 miles away and not be effected by the weather.

That's something I would honestly say if I was put in that situation. I mean, what was I supposed to do? hit other car to get to the meeting? Also, it seems as he called to say he was going to be late as well, that's professional enough for me and it should be generally accepted under such circumstances in a professional standard. BB was out of line on this one honestly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly tho I don't blame him. If he is being honest and woke up to the snow storm, then being 10 mins late really isn't that big of a deal. Sending players home like that does nothing to the team's play if the meeting is as important as BB think it is, then they shouldn't be missing it completely. If BB wants to set the tone or set an example, do it in a non snowstorm day, or do that in game. I don't care that all but 4 were late, some can live 25 miles away from the meeting, some can live 5 miles away and not be effected by the weather. That's something I would honestly say if I was put in that situation. I mean, what was I supposed to do? hit other car to get to the meeting? Also, it seems as he called to say he was going to be late as well, that's professional enough for me and it should be generally accepted under such circumstances in a professional standard. BB was out of line on this one honestly.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

Watch the weather and wake up earlier. And the next day in the locker room? STFU!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

CAN ADALIUS THOMAS PLEASE JUST MAKE A PLAY ON THE FIELD???? PLEASE????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

One does not know if this was the first time they were late. Also, look who it was that came late (even if it was the first time).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Thomas should give back some of that money he has been paid cause he has not earned it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Riddance Adalius : Watch the weather and wake up earlier. And the next day in the locker room? STFU!
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

That's actually a pretty good point Caesar and one that I'm in agreement with.
    I didn't believe him when he said he didn't know it was going to snow and even if he didn't that's know excuse. I have over an hour and half ride in to work in the snow and I managed to get in on time. Nothing worse than having players on your team with attitudes because the media is going to rub it in your face everyday. I'll be looking forward to some spring cleaning next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hkngworc. Show hkngworc's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly tho I don't blame him. If he is being honest and woke up to the snow storm, then being 10 mins late really isn't that big of a deal. Sending players home like that does nothing to the team's play if the meeting is as important as BB think it is, then they shouldn't be missing it completely. If BB wants to set the tone or set an example, do it in a non snowstorm day, or do that in game. I don't care that all but 4 were late, some can live 25 miles away from the meeting, some can live 5 miles away and not be effected by the weather. That's something I would honestly say if I was put in that situation. I mean, what was I supposed to do? hit other car to get to the meeting? Also, it seems as he called to say he was going to be late as well, that's professional enough for me and it should be generally accepted under such circumstances in a professional standard. BB was out of line on this one honestly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hkngworc. Show hkngworc's posts

Shoulda got his lazy butt up earlier like all the other players and coaches.
    No excuse.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Riddance Adalius : Watch the weather and wake up earlier. And the next day in the locker room? STFU!
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

i cant disagree more with u guys. i listened to and read the entire tramscript. what did he say that is so wrong? he doesnt have the right to defend himself and his reputation? belichick did what he had to do and so did thomas. sometimes it is noone's fault! but yeah, if the guy calls in advance to say he's running late, perhaps you may cut him slack although i see bel's point. brady got there and so did 48 other guys and staff. if bad weather, you leave an hour earlier. AD would have a better point if 20 guys were all late and bel picked on just him or a couple of others and ignored the rest or if bel did not do it in person. yes, you're either there or you're not there. AD should start on sunday and bel better use him as a pass rusher over burgess. sorry guys i don ont see peppers as all that better than AD! out of sight, over idealized. the more i see of peppers the less i am convinced of his hype! bel should simply play AD more as he did in SB, as a PASS RUSHER! ad should be the burgess on this team and have ninkovich play the present role with burgess as AD's bakup. what is the great mystery? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I just think BB was trying to nitpick something to fire the team up, which I think is inappropriate. If he is always late then yea, he deserves it coming off 2 straight losses. If that was the first time he was late, and it happens to happen in a snowstorm day, give him a break.

If BB wants to implement such a tight rule, it should have been implemented from Day 1, not when the team is coming off 2 straight losses and on a snowstorm day. So when the team is doing well, the rule is not to be enforced? I am sort of disappointed in BB this time, cuz I would think that he is tight with the rule normally but not as inhuman as Mangina when it comes to special circumstances. It seems the opposite, it is almost like he sports a loose rule normally, and when team is losing and snow is falling, he becomes unreasonable. That's something that will lose the locker room for you, aspecially if Thomas is normally on time and work hard and is well respected around the locker room (on field performance doesn't mean he doesn't work hard, it just means he doesn't have it anymore).

We don't know if that's the case and we don't know what his normal behavier is. But if he normally comes to meeting late, this shouldn't be the first time he is sent home. Being late normally on days with no snowstorm should be more of bad behavier to me, and as mentioned before, should have been punished way before not only when team is losing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hkngworc. Show hkngworc's posts

He has no rights. He should keep his yap shut and tow the line, It's not a democracy.

[QUOTE]i cant disagree more with u guys. i listened to and read the entire tramscript. what did he say that is so wrong? he doesnt have the right to defend himself and his reputation? belichick did what he had to do and so did thomas. sometimes it is noone's fault! but yeah, if the guy calls in advance to say he's running late, perhaps you may cut him slack although i see bel's point. brady got there and so did 48 other guys and staff. if bad weather, you leave an hour earlier. AD would have a better point if 20 guys were all late and bel picked on just him or a couple of others and ignored the rest or if bel did not do it in person. yes, you're either there or you're not there. AD should start on sunday and bel better use him as a pass rusher over burgess. sorry guys i don ont see peppers as all that better than AD! out of sight, over idealized. the more i see of peppers the less i am convinced of his hype! bel should simply play AD more as he did in SB, as a PASS RUSHER! ad should be the burgess on this team and have ninkovich play the present role with burgess as AD's bakup. what is the great mystery? 
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]i cant disagree more with u guys. i listened to and read the entire tramscript. what did he say that is so wrong? he doesnt have the right to defend himself and his reputation? [/QUOTE]

No. he works for a boss. You don't air internal issues to the media. In any job. Follow the example of the other three truants and STFU!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Wow. Really? He gats paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a sport he loves. He lives in Mass. Check the freakin' weather report and set an example! There are NO excuses for what he did. When your team is on a losing streak you show up 30 minutes early, not 9 minutes late.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Very well said and I totally agree with you patsfan76. I mean seriously you guys watch weather report the night before you go to work? I mean I honestly never do. When there is a huge snowstorm and the traffic is bad and dangerous, which happens alot in NJ. I go to work often to find that my boss tell us to stay home cuz it is so dangerous out there. There is one thing about implementing a tight rule, there is another about not being reasonable.

And as said, telling them to go home doesn't help the team if BB plans to play them on Sunday. They will just be one less practice and meeting short compare to the rest. There are ways to fire up the team, I just don't think this is one of them. If I were the players, I be like why is the coaching panicing like this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I do however agree that AD should shut up and keep it indoor. But airing it out just help us see the picture a bit more. Just because no one else said anything doesn't mean no one else think the same, and if more ppl think the same way, it is not going to be good for the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Adversity shows the real character of person. Its no wonder this guy has under performed here he just does not get it.

Adalius: 'There's nothing to really apologize about'

Posted by Albert Breer December 10, 2009 12:28 PM
    539_AD__1226420364_5168.jpg

Adalius Thomas took the stand in his own defense today, in the wake of LatePlayerGate, and explained that he took the steps he thought were necessary in this kind of circumstance. And he doesn't understand why that wasn't not enough.

"There's one thing about Mother Nature -- You can't control that," Thomas said. You can't run people over getting to work. There's nothing to apologize about. I wasn't trying to be late. I don't know what to say. You leave home, there are people there, cars sitting in the road, you're sitting there, what are you gonna do? It's not the Jetsons. I can't jump up and fly. What am I supposed to do?"

He was asked too if this could provide motivation, and gave the same answers he did after being de-activated for the Titans game.

"Motivation is for kindergartners," he said. "I'm not a kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that's like, 'You're expelled until you come back and make good grades.' Get that (bleep) out of here. It's ridiculous. ... I don't know, teaching tool? I don't know. I can't figure out what Bill thinks or knows."

So I pulled Thomas aside after the masses left, and asked him if he felt like this was done to publicly embarrass the players in question, and whether he felt the burn of being the martyr twice now.

"It's not like it was just me," Thomas told me. "I don't try to figure it out. I really don't. I could care less what the reason is. I seek to understand, not to be understood. I'm done with all the phonetics, trying to figure it out. I'm really done with that. Whatever I'm asked to do, I'm gonna do."

So then I asked if he felt like he was being treated like an adult.

"I don't know," he continued. "It's not up to me. It's his team, he does what he wants to do with it. So he takes the credit for it, he takes the blame for it, I guess that's how it goes. And if you do that, you're going to do things your way. This is his way."

Thomas did explain that arrived less than 10 minutes late, by himself, and was notified by Belichick that he was to go home. He wanted to clear the air on that, and made a phone call, he said, "to be professional" and let people know he was stuck and was going to be late.

But he said over and over again, that he's "dumbfounded" by the events of yesterday.

"I mean, I could've been in a ditch," he said. "They really don't give a damn. Hey, as long as you aren't in that meeting, they really don't give a (bleep)."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Yup .... 

you were already on the fence with me

Now .....all I can/want to say is 

%&@# YOU ADALIUS

YOU HAVEN'T EVER DONE %$&@ ANYWAY EXCEPT TIE UP CAP

FIN P.O.S

Sections
Shortcuts