Good Trivia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Good Trivia

With the 00's officially over here is a good trivia question.

Who is the only team to win a Super Bowl in 3 different decades? 

Keeping in mind that the Super Bowl is actually played in the calendar year following the season. Example, the game last weekend was  technically the '09 Super Bowl, the 85 Bears actually won the Super Bowl in 86, 07 Pats lost the Super Bowl played in 08, etc....

Don't Google it, Don't check out other people's answers before you answer..... take a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Good Trivia

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

the giants? that was a guess

i would say them or the skins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Raiders? 60's-70's-80's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I would go with the Giants, too.

They won the 86 (after the Bears) so the game was in 87. They had the Scott Norwood game against the Bills for 91 or 92 and they had 2007 (played in 2008).

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Good Trivia:
    "With the 00's officially over here is a good trivia question." Not until next year, sorry. The decade goes 1 to 10.  Learn to count.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

no i think the decade goes 0-9...thats why espn and everyone already picked players of the decade and such

according to your idea, 1-10...what decade does year 0 belong too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Good Trivia : no i think the decade goes 0-9...thats why espn and everyone already picked players of the decade and such according to your idea, 1-10...what decade does year 0 belong too?
    Posted by dapats1281

lemme rehash that statement since year 0 doesnt exist
    according to your interpretation of the decade...1990 was part of the 80's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Without getting into the ridiculous argument over what constitutes a decade, I'm pretty sure the answer is Blue New Jersey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Green Bay(60's/90's), Pittsburg (70's/00's)-2 differing decades I believe?  Oakland is an excellent guess, and I know '81 was one, they assuredly one 1 in the 70's, but what about 1969, or even '68...idk.  Wow...would not have been my guess, but whoever first said The Giants has gotta be dead-on then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Not until next year, sorry.

The decade goes 1 to 10.  Learn to count.

Wow, you really can't learn. Have you looked this up yet as many others as well as myself have suggested or are you just obstinate for the sake of being obstinate?

By definition, a decade is any span of ten years. By convention, when speaking about a decade such as the 80's or 90's, you start with 0 and end with 9.

Also, your jibe telling the individual to "learn to count" is wrong in a multitude of senses. Mathematics and computer programming generally begin counts with 0. Dream past your philosophy, please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

pittsburgh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

pittsburgh
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

i cant believe noones said it, and im almost positive its dallas

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Who is the only team to win a Super Bowl in 3 different decades? 

Gotta be Big Blue!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

"But the FACT is they are correct but so are you," Just because EVERYONE follows a falsehood does not make that falsehood correct. Are you aware of how the calender works? Year one was AD 1, year ten (end of a decade) was AD 10.  Add ten to the end of each decade: the second decade ends at AD 20, the third at AD 30, and so forth.  The first century ends at AD 100 and the first millenium ends in year AD 1000.  The second millenium ends in AD 2000. Capiche?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Wow, I am just amazed at the breadth of your obstinance. Just amazing.

Lookup the definition of decade, please. Educate yourself. Next lookup the Gregorian calendar and see if the term "decade" is even mentioned. Don't even respond until you have actually read something beyond the meagre definition you have locked in your mind.

The fact is that you have no idea about why the Gregorian calendar exists and are even trying to impart this on a situation where the Gregorian calendar is immaterial to the term "decade". If you don't believe me then just answer this - what was the first decade of the NFL?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Wow, I am just amazed at the breadth of your obstinance. Just amazing.
    Lookup the definition of decade, please. Educate yourself. Next lookup the Gregorian calendar and see if the term "decade" is even mentioned. Don't even respond until you have actually read something beyond the meagre definition you have locked in your mind.
    The fact is that you have no idea about why the Gregorian calendar exists and are even trying to impart this on a situation where the Gregorian calendar is immaterial to the term "decade". If you don't believe me then just answer this - what was the first decade of the NFL?"

...exactly root...AND "Patsfan attempting to impart this on a situation where the Gregorian Calender is immaterial to the term 'decade'", BUT also "Patsfan attempting to impart the calendar on Pro Football's 'Seasonal Years'."  So, O.k. Patsfan1966...We're "giving" you your 2010 as the real decade ending year for the first decade of the 2000's...even though since everyone that actually follows your arbitrarily meaningless church calender, STILL celebrated January 1st 2000, as the beginning of the the new millenium, and so The accrued NFL "decade" is: 2000-'01/2001-'02/2002-'03/2003-'04/2004-'05/2005-'06/2006-'07/2007-'08/2008-'09/2009-'10, According to EVERY Other person following your arbitrary calendar, 10 YEARS... 

BUT, dear god...THIS IS within the context of Pro Football, and so the 1999-2000 Season actually should be the very first of this decade's FOOTBALL seasons...and it was.  Again though, "according to Everyone else"...who's also, "Wrong", am I right so far?  So for Y-O-U, because we're sooo nice here, We're NOT (for some unbeknownst reason)-Including the Superbowl played in February of 2000, O.k.?  Once again...Just for you (as I showed in the underlined list from above of NFL Seasons)...

~YET, You WANT now, to include in your world-view, The NFL Season of 2010-2011, in which The Superbowl (i.e. the end of the NFL season) is played in February of 2011, In The FIRST Decade of the 2000's...Dear GOD!?!  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

All of this mindless adolescent bantering as to what constitutes a decade has diluted a rather interesting trivia question. And the answer to the question makes the debate of what constitutes a decade, moot.

1987 Super Bowl XXI – Giants

1991 Super Bowl XXV – Giants

2008 Super Bowl XLII - Giants

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

a decade begins just like birth... you dont start life at 1. you are 0 years old and work up to 1. thus using this similarity the decade starts at 0. 

stupid argument.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts