Goodbye 2012-2013 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Goodbye 2012-2013 Season

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've actually been here for years.  My last userid got messed up, so I had to make a new one. 

I don't get how anyone who says something other than, "We will easily win the Super Bowl every year!" is a troll. 

Correct if I'm wrong, sunshine boys, but over the past 2 years, counting the playoffs, we are 22-2 against the AFC, and 4-5 against the NFC.  All 7 of those losses were to teams with physical defense, and mediocre offense. 

For some reason, we cannot defeat a good tough D.  This team reminds me of the old Colts, who would run up the score against mediocre teams, then lose to the first tough D they faced.  Usually the Pats D.  

Now it's the other way around. 

Calling "troll" on everyone who points out obvious problems with this team is kind of childish. 

[/QUOTE]

Then you should know not to start a thread like this as your first post. Thats troll city my friend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Correct if I'm wrong, sunshine boys, but over the past 2 years, counting the playoffs, we are 22-2 against the AFC, and 4-5 against the NFC.  All 7 of those losses were to teams with physical defense, and mediocre offense. 

For some reason, we cannot defeat a good tough D.  This team reminds me of the old Colts, who would run up the score against mediocre teams, then lose to the first tough D they faced.  Usually the Pats D. 

[/QUOTE]

That was resolved. The solution is the running game and the two TE set combined with the screen play.

Last night the RB's fumbled, Gronk was not around , no excuse...49rs won fair and square..but the team is built to be able to win these games if the pieces are there and they execute well.

They need to weather the storm in the beginning wihtout turning the ball over..thats is it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another insecure troll with a little d*ck.  The only questions is: is this Leon, FatRex, or Underdick?

[/QUOTE]

lol!!

Or Gunty.

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  Another post of mine gets deleted for exposing a troll.  Get a grip, BDC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Brady can't throw a deep ball anymore, and goes through stretches where he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Gee, what a unique turn of phrase

When youre not trolling message boards, are you a professional writer or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just stop watching and coming here and commenting until next year them.

See ya!

[/QUOTE]

Yup

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Mangione!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still, to say goodbye to the season after one game is silly.  It's a bad post Veritas.  Use some thought here.  Besides, if what you say is true the Pats stand a real good chance of reaching the SB.  It's there we fans can start to worry.

[/QUOTE]

garytx, I know, but home field in the playoffs is critical to the Pats.  Look at last year, we got to  the SB without even much of a fight.  

This year, beating Pittsburgh, followed by Houston, and Denver, on the road, is improbable. So I think the loss to the Niners pretty much ended our chances for this season. 

People don't like to hear it, but our odds just got extremely worse with that loss.

[/QUOTE]

TROLL

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obvious troll is obvious.

[/QUOTE]

Probably Leon the Jets Giants troll. Who else would think of putting the Giants in the same category as the 49ers and Seahawks and not even bring up Atlanta. All 3 of those teams are playing way better than the Giants.

[/QUOTE]

and ur pats just lost to the team giants beat 26-3 in their house. hmmmmm...

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean squat. Even you can acknowledge that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

user id got messed up = I got banned

I've been here ....for all of ten posts?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably Leon the Jets Giants troll. Who else would think of putting the Giants in the same category as the 49ers and Seahawks and not even bring up Atlanta. All 3 of those teams are playing way better than the Giants.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the "jints" actually make the playoffs I might be worried about them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

The Pats have proven they need a first round bye to make the Super Bowl, and especially with this flawed team.  Last year, to reach the Super Bowl, we beat Tim Tebow, and then had the Ravens shank a 20 yard FG.  This year, we need to beat Pittsburgh, then win at Denver, and at Houston.  No way, no how. 

And even if we do make the Super Bowl, who are we going to beat?  The Niners?  Giants?  Seahawks?  We play like crap against all of them. 

This Pats team is fun to watch, but they are nowhere near a championship team.  Ridley fumbles constantly.  Hernandez drops 50% of bunnies thrown to him.  The secondary is an NFL laughingstock.  We have no deep threat WR, just dink and dunk possession types.  Brady can't throw a deep ball anymore, and goes through stretches where he can't hit the broad side of a barn. 

Also, Belichick is coaching like the game has passed him by.  It's always the other team that tricks the Pats, has the surprises, has the better game plan, and manages the game better.  We've failed against tough defense since the first Giants' SB loss, 5 years ago, and it's always the same now.  We face a tough D = automatic loss.  Against weak teams, we blow them out. 

The plus side is this team is young, and there's some hope that they can improve in 2013.  But Brady is old now, and this window may be shutting forever.  Unless the Pats cheat like Indy did, and throw a season to get the next great QB. 

Next year, I want to see a good, tall, physical, downfield threat WR.  And a CB who can cover someone. 

Meanwhile, the next two weeks are meaningless exhibition games.  I'd rather the Pats rest all our starters for the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

I want a hamburger, no a cheeseburger.  I want a hot dog.  I want a milkshake...

Everybody wants a team that has EVERYTHING.  Easier said than done.  Every team has a budget and must operate within the parameters of that budget.  Who was the tall physical downfield threat for the pats when they won their superbowls. 

And yes you had physical dbs at that time.  It was a really good time for the pats then.  Times have changed.  Top big CB's cost alot of money, probably more than your pats are willing to pay. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've actually been here for years.  My last userid got messed up, so I had to make a new one. 

I don't get how anyone who says something other than, "We will easily win the Super Bowl every year!" is a troll. 

Now it's the other way around. 

Calling "troll" on everyone who points out obvious problems with this team is kind of childish. 

[/QUOTE]

You come off like one. You lack faith, and are spweing negativity.

[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you, but "losing" is a "negative".  

If you're happy with losing, or think it's a positive development, good for you!

[/QUOTE]

Losing is a negative - you are right. Right now the Pat's have 10 positves vs. 4 negatives. I'm OK with that. Your reaction is kind of humorous to me but I do not think you are a troll. I would more categorize you as a pink hat. Sort of similar to the woman who sat behind me a few games ago and as she was taking her seat (game had started) she asked her friend where the yellow fist down line was. SMFH.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Sometimes I think that when I read these posts the sky is about to fall...  The Pats have overcome other obsticles that have been far worse than what we saw on Sunday night. I have to be an optimist unless I'm proven otherwise. Forget about the game with the 49'ers and lets focus on the games that are at hand. They have a shot at winning the Superbowl just like the rest of the 'top' teams... Their shot is reduced if they do not get the bye but as I always say, 'it is what it is'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Even if the odds of us making it to the SB were reduced by the recent loss - it has been fun to watch this team this year (for the most part :) )

But, it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

where did that saying come from, anyway?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Nice offensive production by the Jints on Sunday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still, to say goodbye to the season after one game is silly.  It's a bad post Veritas.  Use some thought here.  Besides, if what you say is true the Pats stand a real good chance of reaching the SB.  It's there we fans can start to worry.

[/QUOTE]

garytx, I know, but home field in the playoffs is critical to the Pats.  Look at last year, we got to  the SB without even much of a fight.  

This year, beating Pittsburgh, followed by Houston, and Denver, on the road, is improbable. So I think the loss to the Niners pretty much ended our chances for this season. 

People don't like to hear it, but our odds just got extremely worse with that loss.

[/QUOTE]

Two games left in the season.  A lot can happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Moron alert!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The patriots don't lose very often. Let him have his day.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

But, it ain't over til the fat lady sings.where did that saying come from, anyway?

Dick Motta, the ex-coach of the then Washington Bullets, was the first to use it, I believe

NBA Finals 1979 vs Seattle? Something like that

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

You know what?  I'm beginning to like the idea of being an underdog.   Why not?  I could feel the bandwagon getting bigger and bigger with "The Pats never lose in December", "Brady has thrown x number of passes without an interception", "The Pats can't lose in bad weather", etc, etc, etc.  

The more build up and the longer it goes without any of these things going against them it's only a matter of time when these streaks have to stop.  But when they stop that doesn't mean that the team is no longer viable.  It only means that it's time to begin new streaks.

I like our chances and let's see what happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you, but "losing" is a "negative".  

If you're happy with losing, or think it's a positive development, good for you!

[/QUOTE]

The point is you are nothing but negative in your comments with nothing positive to say. You make this team sound like the NY Jets. Reminder, they are still 10-4 and division champs. Only one team out of 32 gets to take home the Lombardi trophy every year and we're fortunate to have three. How many teams can say that or even how many teams of the 32 can say they've won a Lombardi in recent memory. 

Hetch